IGNORED

Ex-City Player Who You Are Ashamed Of ?

Major Isewater

The one that did it for me was "kevin bloody mabbutt" not for his footballing skills, but for the "kevin mabbutt superstar" bullshit,that really made me cringe :facepalm:

That was just a bit tacky but surely the thread should refer to those who did not perform on the pitch. And Kevin Mabbutt never let City down in any game he played.

Also unfair if anyone nominates a player who just was not good enough as that is not their fault.

But for me a player who gave less than 100% and who had the ability to produce better than they ever did, should qualify.

How about Nicky Hunt or Gerard Lavin?

I was thinking about this and I think unfortunately a Mr N Maynard would be the one from recent times. When you look at the goals he scored and the talent he has/had he should have been at least a squad member of a mid table prem side. It appears he was badly advised and in many ways the way his career has spiralled downwards has been echoed by our own decline and it could be argued that his last season and subsequent departure started it all.

Michael McIndoe

Suckering other players into losing fortunes on a scam property investment scheme.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086851/Ex-soccer-star-linked-failed-investment-scheme-cost-players-millions.html

Andy Llewellyn

Not your friendly neighbourhood postman, looking out out for the old and sick.  Just for the ones who've gone on holiday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/postman-rat-ex-football-star-jailed-740390

Michael McIndoe

Suckering other players into losing fortunes on a scam property investment scheme.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086851/Ex-soccer-star-linked-failed-investment-scheme-cost-players-millions.html

Andy Llewellyn

Not your friendly neighbourhood postman, looking out out for the old and sick.  Just for the ones who've gone on holiday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/postman-rat-ex-football-star-jailed-740390

Anyone who believes they are going to get a 20% PER MONTH return, deserves all they get (or don't get, more to the point).

The article does say McIndoe is not suspected of any wrongdoing.

Lee Peacock certainly in the play off season.. getting pissed, fouling taxis, police finding him in a ditch by the training ground at 5am as taxi driver threw him out.

.. on a plus note he got a cold, missed the next game and we won 4-1 away at Brighton..

Lee Peacock certainly in the play off season.. getting pissed, fouling taxis, police finding him in a ditch by the training ground at 5am as taxi driver threw him out.

.. on a plus note he got a cold, missed the next game and we won 4-1 away at Brighton..

I shouldn't laugh, but in a retrospective kind of way, that's as funny as f *** , worthy of a comedy sketch show.

PS... We've all seen players sent off for 'fouling' but chucked into a ditch from a taxi for 'fouling' ffs!!!

Jody Morris, Dave Partride, Tony Dinning, nicky Hunt...God I could almost get a team here

Ashamed of is a pretty strong emotion!

I think many of the players on this thread should be ashamed of themselves and doubtless a few are.

I agree Kevin Mabbutt never let this club down on and off the field and I also agree his KM Superstar stuff was cringe worthy, but I don't feel anyone should be ashamed of the bloke!

All four of the above should be ashamed of themselves for their time at our club and yes a many of the last relegation team that went down without a fight should hang their heads (not all but many).

As a very proud City fan with years under his belt I can only count maybe three times when I have felt actions in around or by the club were shameful, one of which was being locked out of the ground while having a ticket V the gas a few years ago. I was interviewed by the BBC that night and my sentiment that it was a disgrace was on national radio the next morning. 

I suppose I am used to players not showing up on the field as that has been the MO of the club since the early 90's by and large and M's assortment above are probably the worst offenders for that.

But for my two penneth worth Andrew Cole should be ashamed of his comments and Micky Maynard should be ashamed of his actions and attitude toward our club and his comments after he left! Both these guys made their name with Bristol City FC and both of them sneered at our club after they left!....Yes be ashamed of yourselves Messrs.' Cole and Maynard...As I wont do it for you! 

I shouldn't laugh, but in a retrospective kind of way, that's as funny as f *** , worthy of a comedy sketch show.

PS... We've all seen players sent off for 'fouling' but chucked into a ditch from a taxi for 'fouling' ffs!!!

The only positive was Wilson had to drop him..

Jody "Big time" Morris

What a helmet this bloke is

I must have missed something that caused all the aggro Morris gets.  

MacInnes brought him in for a reason I can't fathom, other than perhaps he wanted his captain from St Johnstone as a friend in the dressing room  In his scant appearances in the team he tried but wasn't very good and rarely made the bench.

However I cannot recall him slagging off the team or the club and I was under the impression that he was regularly in the stand when the team were playing.  I am not on Facebook or Twitter so maybe he said something there?

I would be curious to know why everyone has such a downer on him, he never really even hit my radar.

I must have missed something that caused all the aggro Morris gets.  

MacInnes brought him in for a reason I can't fathom, other than perhaps he wanted his captain from St Johnstone as a friend in the dressing room  In his scant appearances in the team he tried but wasn't very good and rarely made the bench.

However I cannot recall him slagging off the team or the club and I was under the impression that he was regularly in the stand when the team were playing.  I am not on Facebook or Twitter so maybe he said something there?

I would be curious to know why everyone has such a downer on him, he never really even hit my radar.

Quite. He was a colossal waste of money ... but that was McInnes's fault.

Archived