IGNORED

Dressing Room

TauntonTA2

Don't buy this nonsense yet again. Why does everyone keep saying he would great at a higher level? Based on what exactly?

I am actually a fan of his but there Is nothing to suggest he would be great in a higher league.

Yet again someone who does not see how much ability this guy has! And another pointless JET thread that I am sucked into!....Will I never learn!

Yet again someone who does not see how much ability this guy has! And another pointless JET thread that I am sucked into!....Will I never learn!

More to the game than ability pal. Not saying JET can't do it at a higher level but it certainly isn't a certainty like many on here think.

Well done Monkeh, cheers for the input #Clueless

considering no-one not one person has agreed with you then I would retract that hashtag,

There are many reasons players don't play in the prem any more while atitude is one of them, it simply isn't the case here, If he was a disruption he wouldn't be at the club, if you want to see a player with a bad attiude then look at Tarabat or Mario, not Jet Jet's is first class he hasn't sulked he's knuckled down

Well done Monkeh, cheers for the input #Clueless

"but his attitude during his career"

can you be more specific.... are you confusing attitude with compatibilty ?

If you based your post on his compatibility with some of the teams and situations he has found himself in, then there may be a debate.

But you simply have no eveidence to support poor attitude, in fact SC wouldnt support that view and i can tell you now the players dont support your view.

Finally i think you owe Monkeh more respect as a newbie yourself

They may be some on here who are clueless, but trust me fellar you have picked on the wrong person.

RedRaw- Results without Jet is proof.....

Those results included contributions from JET in 3 assists and a goal.........We could use the same argument for all players that have only played bit parts so far this season......"we dont need Burns, Wagstaff etc because we're doing OK without them"

Re "running there selves into the ground" will at TIMES get you results, also it's a platform and a must for any team wishing to do well.

Plus, for me, a player or team that does this consistently will always have my backing through thick and thin

Sounds like an extract from the old skool english coaching manual.........run, run, chase, run.  Whereas you may need an element of that in the team you  most certainky also need players who are creative and have the ability to find a pass and dribble past players, somebody who is a spark who can create opportunities.......that is JET and that is what he offers to the squad.

The reason JET is not regulalry in the team at the moment is down to how well the current incumbents are doing in the system we are playing not because of his lack of ability or poor attitude you seem to suggest

If you based your post on his compatibility with some of the teams and situations he has found himself in, then there may be a debate.

But you simply have no eveidence to support poor attitude, in fact SC wouldnt support that view and i can tell you now the players dont support your view.

They may be some on here who are clueless, but trust me fellar you have picked on the wrong person.

there are many that would strongly disagree with that fella,

Yes I'm sure it's his compatibility and not his attitude has seen him to where he is today!

SC or the players wouldn't support my view?? Enlighten me how you know this to be the case??

Finally, "Newbie" "owe Monkeh more respect " ????

**** off pal

Yes I'm sure it's his compatibility and not his attitude has seen him to where he is today!

SC or the players wouldn't support my view?? Enlighten me how you know this to be the case??

**** off pal

do ayling freeman wynter williams all have attitude problems because they've all dropped out of the prem (along with hundreds of young players every season),

what about korey smith?

there are many reasons players drop down the leagues in JeTs case its circumstances, he was signed by paul jewell to do a job in the ipswich team, jewel was sacked the formation changed and he no longer fit in with their system,

The same has happened here he was signed to fit in with a SoD system, SoD was sacked the system changed he didn't fit (he continued to play but goals dried up),

He's not playing this season because the system doesn't play to his stengths, he needs to adapt his game (which he has been doing) in order for SC to use his massive amount of talent,

**** off pal

Frstly and most definatelly i am certainly not your pal.... not that you are likely to lose sleep over that.

Your first sentance would indicate that you have now either retracted your attitude claim or you are being sarcastic im not sure which and await 

the inevitable sexual expletive.

I find it rather sad that a minority on here are unable to complete a coherant sentance without becoming aggressive, insulting or vulgar.

Congratualtions you have manged all three very quickly in your short forum career.

As for me justifying my player and management claims to you, i am not sure i need to do that right now.

Your argument is without any merit or basis in fact and without any support on here from what i can see.

So in many ways i dont need to make you look more foolish.... you seem to be competent in that respect if nothing else and without further assistance from me.

Think we can safely say that SC has got the dressing room on side and to nearly a healthy balance.

I say nearly, as I believe a one more departure (Jet) and the harmony of the dressing room will be near on right.

No doubting his ability one bit, but his attitude during his career all points to a player who will have wasted the ability he's got- prem to championship to L1.

Man management wise, SC has been spot on imo hence why I think we find is where we are.

Quality and ability of current squad would struggle in the championship I feel, though what they do have is "togetherness" which if you put 11 players in that will run there selves into the ground for 90 minutes, then at times, that will bring you results against so called better players/teams

What makes you think the dressing room isn't right with JET here?

do ayling freeman wynter williams all have attitude problems because they've all dropped out of the prem (along with hundreds of young players every season),

what about korey smith?

there are many reasons players drop down the leagues in JeTs case its circumstances, he was signed by paul jewell to do a job in the ipswich team, jewel was sacked the formation changed and he no longer fit in with their system,

The same has happened here he was signed to fit in with a SoD system, SoD was sacked the system changed he didn't fit (he continued to play but goals dried up),

He's not playing this season because the system doesn't play to his stengths, he needs to adapt his game (which he has been doing) in order for SC to use his massive amount of talent,

Agh right it's the "system" now is why JET is not playing?? Surely with the ability and pedigree JET has got he could adapt to this system??

Regarding the players you have mentioned dropping out the Prem to now playing for us, I see no problems with attitude or their adaption to SC "system" .

Think people need to get over this love affair with JET and stop living on his past glories (all those achievements he's made since leaving Arsenal)

Glad to see so many coming to JET's defence, including those of us who are admiring of his ability but often disappointed by his work rate. That he hasn't managed his career well or made the most of his talents is beyond dispute, and nobody has disputed it, but when challenged the initiator of this debate retreats to claiming that this was all he ever intended. Frankly, that's transparently duplicitous. It's quite clear what's intended and the old "I didn't actually say that; look again at what I wrote" dodge won't cut any ice with anyone who's capable of reading between the lines.

The OP is just the sort of sly, insidious rubbish that gives this forum a bad reputation and is the reason many of us who used to particpate regularly no longer do so. It's a grossly unfair and unsubstantiated dig at a player that implies he's an unhelpful influence on dressing room solidarity. No evidence is offered in support of this insinuation, because none exists. Spare us the feeble "I'm entitled to express my opinion" tripe. If this is an example of what the "newbie" has to offer, the less we hear from him the better.

Agh right it's the "system" now is why JET is not playing?? Surely with the ability and pedigree JET has got he could adapt to this system??

Regarding the players you have mentioned dropping out the Prem to now playing for us, I see no problems with attitude or their adaption to SC "system" .

Think people need to get over this love affair with JET and stop living on his past glories (all those achievements he's made since leaving Arsenal)

In the words of JET..........LEAVE IT, YEAH

Your clearly not a fan of and I would go as far to say you appear to have an unhealthy problem with him............Pretty much everyone on here has rebuffed your unsubstantiated comments and accusations, yet you still come out with more drivel

I think it may be you that has the "attitude" which is subsequently having an effect on the "harmony" of this forum

me love affair with JeT? muhahahahaha I'm one of his biggest critics

Would just like to say a big thank you for all of the opinions regarding this post.

I must say I have learnt a few new words along the way "duplicitous" being my favourite by far.

I have also learnt not to upset a few people (will try and change my attitude to adapt) on this forum, noted.

God bless and regards to you all :)

• Admin

Would just like to say a big thank you for all of the opinions regarding this post.

I must say I have learnt a few new words along the way "duplicitous" being my favourite by far.

I have also learnt not to upset a few people (will try and change my attitude to adapt) on this forum, noted.

Nah, carry on - that is the beauty of OTIB.

You could argue the sky is blue and some would never agree etc

It's all the fun of a forum - EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion

Think we can safely say that SC has got the dressing room on side and to nearly a healthy balance.

I say nearly, as I believe a one more departure (Jet) and the harmony of the dressing room will be near on right.

No doubting his ability one bit, but his attitude during his career all points to a player who will have wasted the ability he's got- prem to championship to L1.

Man management wise, SC has been spot on imo hence why I think we find is where we are.

Quality and ability of current squad would struggle in the championship I feel, though what they do have is "togetherness" which if you put 11 players in that will run there selves into the ground for 90 minutes, then at times, that will bring you results against so called better players/teams

Woahhhh...hang on a minute fella.

Have a think before you go writing stuff like this.

Do you know JET has a bad attitude?

Do you know the harmony of the dressing room would be better without him?

And how do you know it's his attitude that has stopped his career being better and not a physical fitness problem or something else?

Before you know it...the likes of the BP will read this, make a bloomin article on JETS 'attitude' and make out the fans don't rate him.

Have a think before you post such tripe on here.

I am sure the measure of JET's "attitude" will be whether he is still here after the January window.

In the meantime, my take is that unfortunately for JET and his undoubted talent, SC has got 11 players playing as a team and in SC's eyes  JET doesn't benefit the team as much as the players keeping him out. The longer we stay at the top of the table, the harder it is to argue against that view.

The fact that JET continues in the squad and manages to contribute positively in such short cameo appearances, makes me think that the manager is happy with his attitude ( I can't see SC tolerating anyone with a bad attitude) and that JET is going onto the pitch in a positive frame of mind ( albeit  "lazy" positivity :)), even though he must be more than disappointed to be missing from the starting 11.

I can't see our luck with injuries continuing and reckon JET will get a chance at some point. Then we can tell whether he adds to or detracts from the team.

Since you've found it such an instructive experience, here's one final thing you might like to learn: "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit". You've got Oscar Wilde to thank for that one, not OTIB.

Since you've found it such an instructive experience, here's one final thing you might like to learn: "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit". You've got Oscar Wilde to thank for that one, not OTIB.

Thank you for this, also you're previous posts, you are obviously more educated than myself (some of the wording you have used impressed me somewhat)

:)

Now thats better, and adapt you already have, and very quickly it seems.

Thats OTIB for you

However you need to be realsitic, dont even try to stop upsetting people, trust me, thats just damm right imposible

i think upsetting people now and again is no crime and good healthy debate to be encouraged, being insulting, well that doesnt achieve very much in my experience,

In fact good old fashioned facts and sound logic can be lost amoung personal insult.

dont give up after 12 posts  !!!

I am sure the measure of JET's "attitude" will be whether he is still here after the January window.

In the meantime, my take is that unfortunately for JET and his undoubted talent, SC has got 11 players playing as a team and in SC's eyes  JET doesn't benefit the team as much as the players keeping him out. The longer we stay at the top of the table, the harder it is to argue against that view.

The fact that JET continues in the squad and manages to contribute positively in such short cameo appearances, makes me think that the manager is happy with his attitude ( I can't see SC tolerating anyone with a bad attitude) and that JET is going onto the pitch in a positive frame of mind ( albeit  "lazy" positivity :)), even though he must be more than disappointed to be missing from the starting 11.

I can't see our luck with injuries continuing and reckon JET will get a chance at some point. Then we can tell whether he adds to or detracts from the team.

Just a point of interest...for anyone that wasn't their last game.

JET lost the ball on the edge of the opponents 18 yard box, he sprinted like a man possessed to retrieve the ball back into his own half. He didn't look like a player who didn't care. He was blowing out of his arse afterwards though.

I really do think it's a physical thing with JET.

He's a big old unit...'heavy boned' maybe...not condusive to running all game. I think he struggles with it...but I don't know for sure.

Just a point of interest...for anyone that wasn't their last game.

JET lost the ball on the edge of the opponents 18 yard box, he sprinted like a man possessed to retrieve the ball back into his own half. He didn't look like a player who didn't care. He was blowing out of his arse afterwards though.

I really do think it's a physical thing with JET.

He's a big old unit...'heavy boned' maybe...not condusive to running all game. I think he struggles with it...but I don't know for sure.

I think that's half his problem Spud, he couldn't look less like a professional footballer if he tried. Yaya is another example, albeit a slightly better footballer (when he wants to be) than JET

Both look more like a rugby union lock

Archived