IGNORED

Oldham Fan Here, Ready For Next Week

armin_tamzarian

Sorry, but that isnt accurate. We generally go at teams away from home. Scored 2 at Peterborough, 2 at Swindon, Scored first at Chesterfield. We did draw 0-0 at Notts County, but we have swapped formation since. We try to dominate teams, but since August we have played

PNE (or last defeat)

Doncaster

Notts C

Swindon

Peterborough

Chesterfield

As our away games.

With you guys, Sheff United, Rochdale and MK as our next 4, you could argue we have had the hardest away fixtures all together in a row!

to be fair thats one hell of an away list of fixtures and even more impressive the fact you are where you are.

Im yet to see us win at Ashton gate. My five previous trips have seen us draw twice (last year and a 0-0 about 7 years ago)

Lost 2-0 on a tuesday in 2003. We both got to the play offs, but we were awful that night. You deserved a win. It was feb and it was our first away defeat.

Lost 5-1 on a tuesday. Lita got 3 and it was grim.

Lost 3-0... Cant remember it as I was very pissed.

I'm due to see us win there

Went to all those, the 2003 game was epic Scott Murray with a great goal if I recall and the crowd chanting 'boring boring Oldham' at the halftime whistle. We were both unlucky that season really.

Sorry, but that isnt accurate. We generally go at teams away from home. Scored 2 at Peterborough, 2 at Swindon, Scored first at Chesterfield. We did draw 0-0 at Notts County, but we have swapped formation since. We try to dominate teams, but since August we have played

PNE (or last defeat)

Doncaster

Notts C

Swindon

Peterborough

Chesterfield

As our away games.

With you guys, Sheff United, Rochdale and MK as our next 4, you could argue we have had the hardest away fixtures all together in a row!

Actually that makes me feel even more confident of winning the game seeing as we've played 3 of the last 6 teams you have played away and beaten all of them and also played against all of your next 3 opponents and picked up 7 points out of 9. Hoping you are right and you 'go at us' as that play right into our hands.   

Are you worried about losing little Lee, Armin, in light of how well he's done?

Edit : or should I say Seymour?!

Erm? To be honest last season wasn't great. When we were struggling he changed our style to be very rugged and hard to beat.

In my opinion I wouldnt take a punt on him at the minute. We are doing well, but its October. Its at the business end when it matters. If we have a good full season then I'll be more worried. He has 3 year contract, so IF he went, we would get some decent compo (reletively). Im not sure why a championship side would go for him at the moment.

Erm? To be honest last season wasn't great. When we were struggling he changed our style to be very rugged and hard to beat.

In my opinion I wouldnt take a punt on him at the minute. We are doing well, but its October. Its at the business end when it matters. If we have a good full season then I'll be more worried. He has 3 year contract, so IF he went, we would get some decent compo (reletively). Im not sure why a championship side would go for him at the moment.

Could see him back here one day. Now wouldn't that be something ! 

Reading this board, your fans seem more scared of our team than we are of you. I am surprised. I expected to see you all really pleased.

I think we see this as a great opportunity, a shot to nothing. If we lose, we lose, its a game we are not expected to get anything from. We are well ahead of where we thought we would be. No pressure.

You probably have more pressure on you. Its at this point of the season when it stops being a good start. Expectation goes up. You are now there to be shot at, people are mentioning Promotion.

Its a long season... You are undefeated, top and on paper have the best squad in the division.

Enjoy it!

Your lot won't be an easy game but we fear no one.

I always remember that 2003 game for Scott Murray picking up the ball just outside our box before running the whole length of the pitch whilst beating five players along the way before slotting past the keeper! I'm pretty sure it was the season he got 27?

I can't remember his final total but you're right, that was the season he scored loads of goals.

It was indeed 27 :wub:

Some good chat here, thought I'd join in.

I'm of the opposite opinion to Armin about LJ's desirability. He's destined for the top, he's absolutely determined to be a very very successful manager. I don't know how many of my fellow fans have spotted it yet, but they will.

Everyone who has worked with him so far knows this, which is why our chairman gave him a new five and a half year deal when we were struggling in the league last season.

I think he loves being at a small club too, because he has direct control over all aspects of the club, like the old days. You don't always get that in modern football, with massive amounts of staff and heavy ownership influence at the elite level. I believe he'll only leave for the right offer.

Korey Smith is terrific. Had a lull in form the middle and part of last season, but that could be attributed to a recurring knee issue. I thought he would really shine with better players too, and that seems to be the case.

The match next week? Should be a really great game. The players are full of belief, but as the manager keeps saying, that belief has turned to complacency at times, which is the main reason we've been winning by 1s and not 4s!

There will be goals, trust me. Wish I was coming!

I think the point Im trying to make is: whilst our run is good, at the moment its just a good run. No actual end product.

If Manager X leaves a club half way up the championship:

would you go for

A. Simon Grayson. 3 promotions, 1 tip to the play offs and harshly sacked by Leeds? Currently 2nd in league one.

B. Lee Johnson. Who kept us up (yes we were struggling, but we had games in hand and were not in the relegation zone), led us to a 16th place finish and then took us to 6th in the next october?

C. Keith Hill. 2 promotions, a failure at Barnsley, but the application to bounce back?

I'm not saying Johnson hasn't done well recently or that he won't make a good manager, but at the moment there are people with much better CVs than him. A few defeats and the knives will be back out for him.

SC hit the nail on the head when he said every team wants to be the first to beat us now.

It does make it harder as everyone wants to knock us of our perch.

Could be our next game could be in 5/10 more games time, many fans have been on here saying we have this player, we have that player.............let me ask you Mr Oldham fan who has the best squad of players in this div and who are still unbeaten?

We will not give up without a real battle and will do so till the last second, when any player we put out could score; if you beat us on Sat you will have earned it.

SC hit the nail on the head when he said every team wants to be the first to beat us now.

It does make it harder as everyone wants to knock us of our perch.

Could be our next game could be in 5/10 more games time, many fans have been on here saying we have this player, we have that player.............let me ask you Mr Oldham fan who has the best squad of players in this div and who are still unbeaten?

We will not give up without a real battle and will do so till the last second, when any player we put out could score; if you beat us on Sat you will have earned it.

I dunno WS, what team does not want to win every match - regardless of where in the league their opposition is?

I think the point I'd make to Oldham fans is not that we're some team of supermen - some of our points have been very hard gained, some games have been very close - but that we're a fit side who never stop trying and we have turned round all sorts of situations. We fear no-one whatsoever.

I dunno WS, what team does not want to win every match - regardless of where in the league their opposition is?

I think the point I'd make to Oldham fans is not that we're some team of supermen - some of our points have been very hard gained, some games have been very close - but that we're a fit side who never stop trying and we have turned round all sorts of situations. We fear no-one whatsoever.

With you on this one. People keep saying that we still haven't hit top gear this season but I'm not so sure. Perhaps this is as good as we are. That said we are top and unbeaten so even if we cant improve it may still be good enough for us to be promoted. 

This must be a record, 54 posts and no slanging match has started!

Armin - when did Wellens play for you, didn't realise he'd been at Boundary Park. Glad that the old City boys are doing well for you, as others have said, Wilson always had it in him to be a good player, but maybe he had it too easy here. The rumours of his wages here, if true, where staggering. Hopefully he's realised that you have to work for your money. Kelly I really liked, we never saw the best of him, stick with him - good player. Wasn't a fan of Wilson, met him once, was an arrogant little shit, and his gf was a right sour faced old thing too

As for LJ, wish him nothing but the best. As Spud said, I wouldn't be surprised if he was manager here one day either. Certainly kept an eye out for your results since he went there, wish you nothing but luck (after Sat, obvs), but we are due a defeat. I wouldn't begrudge LJ that

PNE fan here like keeping my eye on our rivals. Oldham is the best team we have played this season they outplayed us for most of the match they are very organised and they now have a goal scorer in forte. so dont underestimate them this will be 1 hard match.

Don't think we're underestimating anyone right now, despite the run that we are on we're not exactly firing on all cylinders, oddly

Had your lot down as Champions at the start of the season, flying right now - confident?

I am never confident with our lot they usuwally let you down.But this year we seem to have a inner strengh  th e last 2 matches proved that to me we lost our back 4 throgh injurys 8 or 9 down to bare bones LB playing  RB etc.We did not have this last season fleetwood would have lost these matches last season.

we seem to find team play better when they come to Deepdale nice stadium and all that.

Archived