IGNORED

Weston F.a Cup

Redmycolour

Talking to ref now, top penalty area a concern, standing water draining from rest of the pitch, water wasnt there before. Managers both wanted to play, ref stated safety. Ref can understand fans frustrations. Ref said he been there since 8am and it's got worse

Terrible decision, if both managers and teams are happy enough to go ahead that should be it.

Some of the best games (& worst games) back in the day were played in mud baths... Part of what made cup games in days gone by so unpredictable too, blood and guts etc...

Suspect conditions would have favoured Weston more than Donny - bit of a match equaliser probably, but not playing today will affect Doncaster in long run having to rearrange etc then the travelling supporters feel so sorry for them, I'm sure watching a mud bath game that wouldn't suit their team would have been preferable to sitting on the prom with a Cod Lot waiting for the tide to come in...

The game is getting a little too clinical nowadays, when you think of the old days playing on snow covered pitches with just the lines marked out and orange balls, its gone from sublime to ridiculous.

Everyone's a loser today, specially the travelling contingent. Who's yer father referee?

Talking to ref now, top penalty area a concern, standing water draining from rest of the pitch, water wasnt there before. Managers both wanted to play, ref stated safety. Ref can understand fans frustrations. Ref said he been there since 8am and it's got worse

No he facking can't. He still gets paid but the Donny fans have wasted a day and the cost of a 500 mile round trip.

No he facking can't. He still gets paid but the Donny fans have wasted a day and the cost of a 500 mile round trip.

I'm not saying that it was the right decision to call it off, but I'm not sure that the lateness of it really matters in terms of the distance travelled by Donny fans that much.  If this morning it looked ok, then what would be the latest time to call it off that wouldn't have been an inconvenience?  A 500 mile round trip, if it was called off with fans still 100 miles away, then it would still have been a 300 mile round trip, which wouldn't have been much fun either. My guess is that he left it late because of the fans that had travelled down.  If he has guidelines that he has to stick to then he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

He could, and probably should, have just delayed kick off to give the ground staff a chance to get it played, however..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261335/Footballs-golden-years-pictures-FA-Cup-replays.html

We're gonna win the cup, we're gonna win the cup,

E I Adio ,(used to think it was Atyeo)..We're gonn-a win The Cup.

Remember when 'The Cup' meant max excitement ...

Anyway something Cup related for disappointed Donny fans to check out on the way home.

Talking to ref now, top penalty area a concern, standing water draining from rest of the pitch, water wasnt there before. Managers both wanted to play, ref stated safety.

Can anyone enlighten me the safety issues over a puddle in the penalty area?

Archived