IGNORED

The White Kit

The Casual Connoisseur

• Admin

Why can people not stop complaining?

after a bleak few years we are top, unbeaten, and off the field operating smoothly and the club is actually listening to fans and now we have to moan that some people might be upset that we dont wear white?

So just to clarify, people are only allowed to raise any concerns on a open forum if the team on the pitch is not winning?

WHY? WHY? WHY?

after a bleak few years we are top, unbeaten, and off the field operating smoothly and the club is actually listening to fans and now we have to moan that some people might be upset that we dont wear white?

I agree however that the club shop do need to take note, they need to start selling guides to growing a pair.

Because parents bought a kit for young children which was marketed under a false premise.

How is that listening to fans? Was there a wide consultation reaching a conclusion that considered the colours City wore in the top division beating Arsenal etc are superior to those worn by a Bristol City that had gates of 7000 at home?

It is another example of poor performance, and a club that exercises a uneven approach to fans.

I doubt anyone really cares, the team are top and looking good. and lets be honest even though I personally don't like the purple/lime kit, I have no problem with us winning Matches in it. BTW is my sig correct was it 93 or 94 years of mediocrity?

Because parents bought a kit for young children which was marketed under a false premise.

How is that listening to fans? Was there a wide consultation reaching a conclusion that considered the colours City wore in the top division beating Arsenal etc are superior to those worn by a Bristol City that had gates of 7000 at home?

It is another example of poor performance, and a club that exercises a uneven approach to fans.

false marketing behave!! The White one is still the away shirt we only wearing the purple one at the minute because footballers are into superstitious voodoo!

You can but people buy the replica kits to feel part of the team when they are playing. People who go to away games would have bought the White replica kit thinking that at the majority of away games where the home team plays in Red we would be in white.

The club lied to the fans and then made the new away kit "limited edition" meaning the people who bought the White kit were ripped off and bought a kit we may not wear all season

Do you also wear boots and shin pads to feel "part of the team"?

Typical of our fans....

"We want purple and lime!"

"I'll buy a kit when we have purple and lime!"

"No-one wants white, why can't we have purple and lime?!"

"Can we please just have purple and lime?!"

We get purple and lime....

"This club has conned us by only using purple and lime and not white!"

facepalmOTD.jpg

How are people not grasping the idea of a replica top?

How are you not grasping the idea that anyone with an ounce of sense doesn't turn up trying to match with the team?

Further to that, if anyone really is so ridiculous to try and match kit with the team then wouldn't these people have all three shirts anyway?

Stop being such a sensitive sally. 

Bit naughty really for people who brought the white one at the start of season,thinking it would be worn more

Certain sympathy with this! However I would certainly say no changing while we are on this run....But the club does need to take note that a kit was sold as the away kit and hopefully in ten years when we are finally beaten we can actually use it OR give the White kit people a discount on their next top!

I'm not bothered either way, in fact I would quite like it to be our permanent away kit, sets us apart from the rest, gives us an identity etc.......and it's very apt at this time of the year.

ME Too!...Love PnL and its good business too! (Accountancy joke there)

WHY? WHY? WHY?

I agree however that the club shop do need to take note,  they need to start selling guides to growing a pair.  

Love this...It's difficult not to have sympathy too! This board is largely boring unless we are crap! Growing a pair my also be applied to the club administrators who have rejected future input from supporters on club kits, because someone blabbed (allegedly)...Have the club ever sold as many kits?.....But 91, just for you....I'm loving it!

Still really struggling to understand why someone would buy a shirt because some other people might wear it, essentially.

Sorry - didn't realise I had to agree with the OP to post. Maybe I'll PM you my posts so you can check them first next time.

You didnt agree or disagree. You asked why somebody would buy a shirt because others might wear it which is the whole point of a replica shirt.

So why come into a thread discussing a replica top?

You're logic is completely and utterly flawed.

I understand your basic point about buying a shirt.

Everyone else is saying you don't have to colour co-ordinate with the team, which you don't seem to be grasping.  

There is a distinction between the club and the team: many people wear the shirt of their club, I have never met anyone who wants to colour co-ordinate with the team - and I would presume that if I did they would be awkwardly drinking a pre-match lemonade in the corner of the pub statistically analysing matches.  

I'll repeat, If there are genuinely people strange enough to have to match kit colour then you would either: (a) buy all three or (b) buy the red one, which we wear the most often.  

The circumstances you are complaining about refer to someone who is not only neurotic about shirt colour and illogically inconsistent about their choice of shirt but also bitter about it.  

I have faith that these people are few and far between, therefore the club cannot be blamed for any wrong-doing. 

No one whose bought the white shirt seems to be complaining, just a couple of people taken offence on their behalf. The way it goes these days I guess...

I'm more annoyed that I couldn't wear my purple shirt at the time when it was trending on twitter and people were talking about it. Instead I have to wait til some time next month!

You're logic is completely and utterly flawed.

I understand your basic point about buying a shirt.

Everyone else is saying you don't have to colour co-ordinate with the team, which you don't seem to be grasping.  

There is a distinction between the club and the team: many people wear the shirt of their club, I have never met anyone who wants to colour co-ordinate with the team - and I would presume that if I did they would be awkwardly drinking a pre-match lemonade in the corner of the pub statistically analysing matches.  

I'll repeat, If there are genuinely people strange enough to have to match kit colour then you would either: (a) buy all three or (b) buy the red one, which we wear the most often.  

The circumstances you are complaining about refer to someone who is not only neurotic about shirt colour and illogically inconsistent about their choice of shirt but also bitter about it.  

I have faith that these people are few and far between, therefore the club cannot be blamed for any wrong-doing. 

People do something I dont so they must be strange?

Of course people buy the shirt to match what the players will be wearing or there wouldn't be a business for replica strips. If someone goes to more away game or could only afford 1 kit they may have gone for the White away kit which may now not be worn all season.

Has it not occurred to anyone that the introduction of the purple/lime kit as a third alternative came about because it is possible that City suddenly realised when the fixtures were published that not only could City not wear red shirts because it clashed with red/white stripes, they could not wear white shirts and black shorts - white shirts also clash aid red/white stripes and black shorts clash with black shorts.

The simple answer was to play in all white! But perhaps someone panicked and went for the purple/green.

So it could be just a daft mix up rather than a deliberate underhand plot to make fans buy a third kit. And of course as mentioned in an earlier post, everyone in football seems to be paranoidically superstitious so the players and manager are saying "we wear the purple/lime until we lose in it".

Perhaps I am an old naive git but but too many are so quick to see duplicity when it does not exist.

Archived