IGNORED

Jan Moller 1980-82

JudgeRed

Have to agree. A contender for "best foreign player" in my view.

Easily the best keeper I've seen play for us, (I'm slightly too young for Gibson).

We were a desperate side at the time though, I remember five clean sheets in six by him but all of them were goalless draws, we lost the other game 1-0 thanks to an own goal...

Just had a reply by email from Mr Jan Moller. I'm waiting for permission from him to see if i can put his reply on here.

I have pointed him in this direction to come & read this thread in the hope he replys to our good kind messages.

Fair play he was certainly a fantastic keeper... from memory, in the mould of Petr Cech.

I remember seeing him soon after in a 0-0 at home to Cardiff. What I recollect most from that match are Moller's sheer class as he looked every inch the international keeper he was and Kevin Mabbutt and a Cardiff player having a bout of fisticuffs and getting sent off.

If I also remember correctly, he was in goal for the 0-0 v Fulham on Feb 6th, 1982 our 1st match after the Ashton Gate 8 had torn up their contracts. So we had an international in goal and Mick Harford, who would go on to terrorise defences in the top flight, up front with about 8 or 9 youth team players taking the other spots. Incredible that we held the league leaders that day.

Hope all is well with you Jan and you are remembered fondly.

Archived