IGNORED

November The Crunch

Rednready

November has fixtures which will tell our story for promotion .

4th...Swindon v Preston.

15th Swindon v City

22nd City v Preston.

22nd Posh v Swindon.

28thPosh v City.

There are lesser lights, however these are the top guns against each other.

Where do you think we will be by December 1st. Still on top ?

I wouldn't discount Oldham tbh, perfectly capable of throwing a spanner in the works for most sides. If we were to somehow be unbeaten at the end of November I'd say we've done well. Wins would be nice but tbh I would take 4 points from our 4 games. At most I think we'd get 8 with wins against Oldham and P'boro but would take draws with Preston and Swindon.

If we are still on top after that then you've got to fancy us

The weakness is the same as  last season........too many draws. Every draw means a 2 point loss, not just a 1 point gain. Preston, with their wins against our draws in recent games are right behind us. November will tell the tale.

November has fixtures which will tell our story for promotion .

4th...Swindon v Preston.

15th Swindon v City

22nd City v Preston.

22nd Posh v Swindon.

28thPosh v City.

There are lesser lights, however these are the top guns against each other.

Where do you think we will be by December 1st. Still on top ?

Well, as long as we are still wearing our purple and lime kit, i will be content. 

For me, it's going to be a really great month, for league 1.

It's why we follow football. Watching one game and keeping an eye on another.

It could be good for us or it could be bad, but the important thing is we're right in the middle of it, much rather this than the recent relegation dog fights.

But one thing is for sure, we're Bristol City and we never do anything the easy way.

Hold tight, it's gonna be a hell of a ride.

If we're still in the top two come the end of November then I will be ecstatic.  Tough month on paper, but we are top for a reason, so hopefully our extra bit of class will tell and we'll pick up at least two wins and a draw in the league matches. 

You'd think we'll lose a game against one of these teams, so it would be truly outstanding if we did somehow get through unscathed.

On the plus side, December looks a stroll in the park in comparison.

It would beyond amazing if we are still unbeaten by December . November is a big month , could be a massive month but will decide nothing.

It could end by us leading the pack , playing catch up or in exactly the same position we are now. My point is (being made poorly) whatever happens next month we will still be in contention.

I remember the Watford Vs City promotion race. A mate of mine , who is completely black and white no middle ground , was saying "we've lost this , they're 12 points clear" blah blah.

I tried to explain 12 pts = 4 wins/losses and we could make it up.   We did and went top.

his attitude changed to "that's it they'll never catch us now"  more blahs !  And my voice of reason , we can still blow it was ignored. Spoiler alert.... we didn't win the league.

Our great start has given us a fantastic base to attack the next 10 games , 4 of which are against our main rivals , it is an exciting month ,  in which I predict  OTIB threads will include.

HAVE WE BLOWN IT ?

CHAMPIONS BY CHRISTMAS

and all stations in between. I hope we enjoy it ,  I would love to be unbeaten come December but I would be happier  just to still to be top.  

The draws have hurt us last two games.

Throwing away two leads at home and taking a point was not good.

You werent at Barnsley then mate?

We robbed them of a 2 points, but we did it through determination and desire, something we've lacked for a long time.

It was very munch a point won mate. I think that being top this long has given us a weird outlook on things, considering the amount of new signings we made this close season, I really didn't expect much. More than a push for a play off spot towards the end of the season if we gelled.

We've massively over achieved/fulfilled our potential so let's just enjoy the ride and see wher it takes us. The fact we've been top so long will make anything but being top come the end end of the season seem like a failure, where it clearly is not.

Hats off to all involved to what has been a great start to the season, a lot of people may look at this as a defeatist statement, but I'd take a play off place now, same as I would have done at the start of the season, although I'd expect the manager and players will be rightfully looking to build further on this start, I'm happy to manage my expectations and be realistic.

If we're still in the top two come the end of November then I will be ecstatic.  Tough month on paper, but we are top for a reason, so hopefully our extra bit of class will tell and we'll pick up at least two wins and a draw in the league matches. 

You'd think we'll lose a game against one of these teams, so it would be truly outstanding if we did somehow get through unscathed.

On the plus side, December looks a stroll in the park in comparison.

An excellent point about December !

Crawley [h]

Repeat....... ?

Crawley H

Crewe A 

Yeovil H

Gills A

A couple of average results in November could indeed be rectified over the festive season.

I will be released from the military hospital for a week over Christmas and my family have promised to get  me to the Yeovil home game, which may be my last. My first being in 1947.

This time last year we hadn't even won at home yet, the difference between now and then is we have a squad of battlers who will battle till the last second. Yes we will have to play some of the "more fancied teams" in Nov (a lot of them have to play each other as well,) BUT that dosen`t mean they will be any harder or easier than the games we have already played. Lets make no mistake about it every team we`ve played has wanted the 3pts as well as us.

There has been many fans come on here fancying their chances against us, that's because the are favouring towards their own team which is fair enough; to earn all the points they are going to want it more than us and will have to earn it in desire and effort.

We wont be far away come April/May a massive turnaround from the Dreary part of last season. :city:

Repeat....... ?

Crawley H

Crewe A

Yeovil H

Gills A

A couple of average results in November could indeed be rectified over the festive season.

I will be released from the military hospital for a week over Christmas and my family have promised to get me to the Yeovil home game, which may be my last. My first being in 1947.

Tell your family to contact the club now, via David Lloyd, to make sure you get the tickets in a convenient place for you and whoever comes with you. After a life time supporting City, it is the least they can do for you. Best wishes and Come on you REDS!

Archived