IGNORED

Interesting Comments From Lj Ahead Of Saturday

allyolly

Like his dad, he's a winner and a leader. He'll get a good reception from me. The courage he showed as a player to stick through the vile and unwarranted abuse he got at times shows great strength of character. Saturday aside, I keep an eye out for Oldham and want them to do well. If the rest of footballers had the winning attitude and bravery LJ has we would be watching a much better game.

"We want to go and slay the dragon" says our old mate Lee when asked about facing the league leaders!

Not only that, he thinks its important to do it on behalf of every team in the league.

A chip off the old block when it comes to media soundbites!

"We want to go and slay the dragon"

My ex must be feeling very worried about this Saturday's visit !

He will be manager for City one day if no one better comes in for him.

He is highly regarded by those who matter at the Club.

Enough to have put money on it.

He went and got advice from Lansdown before he went for interview at Oldham, didn't he? Smart fellow.

I'd love to see him at City one day. I worry that he might need to experience failure before he really hits his stride as a manager and I don't want us to be his failure (remember, his Dad's first job ended in a similar fashion to Tinnion's). Then I think about David Moyes and how his failure didn't come until long after the point we could have got him and what a missed opportunity it could be.

Wait and see I suppose. We have a good manager at the moment but Lee Johnson has all the right attributes to succeed.

I am very happy with the present manager.  So i feel no need to be thinking about LJ as our future manager

As am I, and there's no reason now to believe that SC won't be here for a while, but failing to prepare and failing to have contingency plans and continuity plans are the mark of poorly run organisations.

The club should be doing all it can to build good relationships with promising coaches and young managers. This isn't underhand or dirty or direspectful to Cotts, just when LJ turns up it would be a good idea to think some senior officials would welcome him back to the club, put aside a few minutes to have a chat with him, congratulate him with how things are going etc and just build a strong feeling of goodwill.

Will clap him when he comes onto the pitch tomorrow. Certainly unfairly treated as a player here.

Treated unfairly? Crap, only ever got a game where his Dad was Manager, not his fault I suppose, but he was a weak player, what he was good at was hiding when the going got a bit touch, especially away from home. I won't applaud him onto the pitch our of respect to our current Manager and the fact I don't believe he did a lot to deserve it when he was here. If he ever comes back as Manager then that will be on merit hopefully.

Treated unfairly? Crap, only ever got a game where his Dad was Manager, not his fault I suppose, but he was a weak player, what he was good at was hiding when the going got a bit touch, especially away from home. I won't applaud him onto the pitch our of respect to our current Manager and the fact I don't believe he did a lot to deserve it when he was here. If he ever comes back as Manager then that will be on merit hopefully.

Bollocks!

As am I, and there's no reason now to believe that SC won't be here for a while, but failing to prepare and failing to have contingency plans and continuity plans are the mark of poorly run organisations.

The club should be doing all it can to build good relationships with promising coaches and young managers. This isn't underhand or dirty or direspectful to Cotts, just when LJ turns up it would be a good idea to think some senior officials would welcome him back to the club, put aside a few minutes to have a chat with him, congratulate him with how things are going etc and just build a strong feeling of goodwill.

All of what you have said is true...but everything you mention in your second paragraph is and continues to happen with LJ...it's a relationship that is closer than most know. As it is too with his father still.

I'm not a betting man...but I've put money on LJ being a manager for us in the future, at a Bookies and got decent odds...just from what I know.

It's a strong and healthy and respectful relationship.

What a splendid post. It's rare on here to get such a thoughtful and outward-looking idea. Unfortunately also probably quite rare at the club. I suggest you email in to the Board, 29AR. I think they should be getting in touch with John Cleese and getting him down the Gate, too, with his current media profile high. But not, necessarily, to do any of this (although I wouldn't want to rule it out...)

(Just look at Cleese's foot work [on 0'47'']! It's impeccable! On 2nd thoughts, praps he should be taking training...) 

Running Man, on 31 Oct 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

I've never understood this way of thinking...

He pulled on a City shirt and played to the best of his ability.

Why would you not applaud him...?

I can guarantee, SC would think you a right numb nuts for not applauding him.

What he has done at Oldham is nothing short of spectacular.

The board and SL will shake his hand...so will SC...they will sit and talk, and roll there eyes at fans who have such a churlish immature attitude.

Show some respect and maturity...he's a top lad going about his job in a mature manner...unlike many of his age in football.

All of what you have said is true...but everything you mention in your second paragraph is and continues to happen with LJ...it's a relationship that is closer than most know. As it is too with his father still.

I'm not a betting man...but I've put money on LJ being a manager for us in the future, at a Bookies and got decent odds...just from what I know.

It's a strong and healthy and respectful relationship.

Glad to hear it and to be honest I expected as much. LJ is a bright individual, has good contacts, and comes across as knowledgeable and level headed. I think he has the markings of a top manager.

Absolute simpleton.

We can all agree or disagree about his abilities on the field, but he was always a credit to the club and conducted himself in a good manner. It is absolutely typical to give warm applause to someone who behaves in such a way and is in no way direspectful.

As you went to the point of 'respect to our current Manager' initially, did you see the reception Cotts got at Cheltenham. Do you think Mark Yates found that disrespectful or do you think he believed the supporters conducted themself in a respectful manner.

No-one is suggesting hyperbole, just warm applause, maybe a quick chant when he walks out, ignore him for 90 minutes unless the game goes a particular way in which a smittering of banter may be appropriate, and warm applause again as he leaves the field.

Wow.

Ignoring the fact you're taking utter rubbish, I guarantee you Cotts won't care one jot of folks clap him, and will be greeting LJ warmly himself too.

Archived