IGNORED

"forever Bristol" Membership Scheme

ChippenhamRed

Not at all unreasonable to expect that, and I agree that the detail should be availableat launch - maybe SL jumped the gun in his interview and they had to push something out ?

But in the absence of it, I just took ten seconds to email them asking for details.

Might have only taken you a few seconds but the point still stands. Pretty sure if you wanted to become a member of Man Utd or Arsenal you wouldn't have to send an email first to find out more.

:-(

Then they should change the article. Really does read like ST holders automatically get membership and then further down is the list of benefits.

That's the way I read it too. My tweet reply said

@Bristol_Sport: @DoIIymarie @bcfctweets Hi Marie, season card holders get the benefits of Forever Bristol membership 1/2

@Bristol_Sport: @DoIIymarie @bcfctweets 2/2 The hoody however is part of a promotion for non-season card holders only at this moment in time

Agreed that they should put info about the reduction of ticket prices in the article, but there's no way they'd give away around 10000 free hoodies!

To be honest, I'm surprised clubs don't do this sort of this already, factored in to the cost of a season ticket so it wouldn't be 'free' as such, a hoodie/shirt would probably make the match day experience more family friendly for some and increase the value for the shirt sponsor, as well as raising the profile of the club in Bristol.

FYI in case you're reading this, DaveL has replied to my post in the Q&A section and said I should phone/email if I want more info. Also there will be a leaflet available tomorrow, info in a future programme and further info on the website in due course.

Still don't really understand why they couldn't be a bit clearer about the deal up front, but there you go.

Archived