IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Oldham Athletic Match Day Thread.

So City get back to Ashton Gate today for what is a significantly important match; draw or lose with a Preston win and we could be off the top tonight. Win and for sure we remain where we are. The pressure is probably on our players more today than it has been for most if not all previous matches this season. It will be very interesting to see how we cope with that underbelly of pressure. 

There have been a total of 48 competitive matches between these two teams with only two matches being in the top flight. Those two matches, back in 1910/11 finished a win a piece at their respective home grounds. City have the edge over Oldham with 19 wins to 14 and 15 draws.

Two boring 1-1 draw results from last season, the Lee Johnson factor suggests this too could go the draw route. That said we surely need to return to winning ways and if we play our own game and maintain the free flowing confident football we should prevail.

No matches are easy and I fully expect there will be goals but i would trade a low score for a clean clean sheet today. I expect Oldham will come for a draw so it might be a slow start. Play our own game though and i think we should win by 2-0 or the standard 3-1.

Smith against his old team? Agard and/or Wilbs.

I feel I have to apologise in advance. 

I have been able to make five Saturday home games, W5 D0 L0 F13 A5

I can't really make mid week games so missed.... 2.....W0 D2 L0 F2  A2  + defeat if you add the Oxford game.

Today I will be otherwise occupied and will miss a Saturday game.

I do feel a little responsible if we drop points but, with luck and with it being a whole new City maybe we'll win without me. 

Today could be a good solid steady win , 2-0 and with Preston at Rochdale and Swindon at MK Franchise it could be a very good day.   :fingerscrossed:

I feel I have to apologise in advance. 

I have been able to make five Saturday home games, W5 D0 L0 F13 A5

I can't really make mid week games so missed.... 2.....W0 D2 L0 F2  A2  + defeat if you add the Oxford game.

Today I will be otherwise occupied and will miss a Saturday game.

I do feel a little responsible if we drop points but, with luck and with it being a whole new City maybe we'll win without me. 

Today could be a good solid steady win , 2-0 and with Preston at Rochdale and Swindon at MK Franchise it could be a very good day.   :fingerscrossed:

It's okay. I have the exact same attendance record as you and I am attending today, so we should be alright.

• Like 1