IGNORED

Too Many Draws ?

Redrobbin

Let me first say what a great position we are in the league.

The turn around has been amazing from the season we had previously. I'm just asking the question with nine wins and six draws in fifteen gamesWith Preston only two points behind us now with a game in hand on us. Do the otib congress think that these draws as they stand may come back to haunt us come May next year. ?

True I suppose. But the other half were just as losable.

Yes we all know there are fine lines between defeat and victory and winning/losing and drawing.

I suppose I got used to the five points clear at the top of the table untouchable feeling.

Now I look at the table and all of a sudden Preston are breathing down our necks.

But at least it's at the right end of the table.

Yes we all know there are fine lines between defeat and victory and winning/losing and drawing.

I suppose I got used to the five points clear at the top of the table untouchable feeling.

Now I look at the table and all of a sudden Preston are breathing down our necks.

But at least it's at the right end of the table.

Yes. It's easy to think like that. But it's nigh on impossible to hold off a team who win 8 in a row. They won't keep that form up, don't worry.

We are a third of the way through the season and we are top. By the looks of it, November will be our toughest month. If after this month we are still top, I for one will be happy as **** and won't be worrying too much about the draws.

If we didn't have those draws, would we not be 4 points behind Preston..?

How anyone can moan whilst we are averaging over 2 points per game is beyond me!

I would happily take a draw from each game in November right now.

Don't happen often but I agree with you; we have no god given right to any points from any game every one has to be earned.

We are now going to be playing the "better" teams this month,(many of them also have to play each other as well) on league position anyway, but the table says we are top of the pile for a reason we have had the better results.

Our first loss??? could come today, next week, next month we don't know, lets just enjoy where we are and remember where we have been.

We have a squad of battlers and goal scorers who will battle till the last second...........lets see where it takes us.

Interestingly had we lost half of our draws and and won the other half we'd be three points better off... I think as incredible as it is to still be unbeaten, we mustn't put too much weight on remaining so... if you know what I mean!

Of course that is correct but with November being a month full of "6 pointers", if we can't win games then it's important not to lose them and whilst we have the advantage on other teams, maintaining our position with draws is perfectly acceptable this month, IMO.

The fact that we are still 2 points in-front of Preston with them winning 7 on the bounce says everything about the way this season has gone for us. The last time we drew 2 games in a row we then went on to win our next 4. Lets hope for more of the same. Win today and we could be 11 points clear of 7th which will be huge at this stage of the season. Before the game starts a draw may seem a bad result but who knows, we could even increase our lead at the top.      

Let me first say what a great position we are in the league.

The turn around has been amazing from the season we had previously. I'm just asking the question with nine wins and six draws in fifteen gamesWith Preston only two points behind us now with a game in hand on us. Do the otib congress think that these draws as they stand may come back to haunt us come May next year. ?

The old adage is win at home draw away gets you promoted and its a very long time since a team didn't go up with 92 points, on that basis after 7 home games and 8 away we should have 29 points but we have 33 so that gives us 4 points in the bank for when we go in to tougher spells like we are doing now. Winning the league would be fantastic but I would take a couple of extra draws and second place.

Not so much the draws for me, but that we have lost a little of the early form the way we are playing, but as others have said that is against the very high bar we set ourselves.

See the next eight games as two blocks of four. In isolation, a draw in any of the next four games is not a bad result, but collectively would eat away at the table. The following four games, again in isolation, I would be disappointed without a win in any of them.

It is football, so will not work out like that, but if offered in the round four draws and four wins from the next eight, I would take that in a flash.

With all the top teams playing each other during this month, November is at least as much an opportunity as a threat. Do well, then we will be looking at December as a chance to make another break.

Archived