IGNORED

Soccer Am

AndrewBCFC1

it should be scrapped or get some new presenters. Chamberlain is too old and looking dog rough these days and Rushden is truly awful.

Not a dig at you by any means, more an observation, but I always find it interesting how many female presenters still get judged at least partly on how they look, whilst the male ones on how good they are.

She still knocks spots off Rushden for me as a footie presenter.

Not a dig at you by any means, more an observation, but I always find it interesting how many female presenters still get judged at least partly on how they look, whilst the male ones on how good they are.

Sky employ female presenters on how they look.

Women get jobs based upon their looks; men don't so have to be talented to get jobs.  The Big Breakfast was the prime example: Johnny Vaughan making all the running and all the jokes and the very attractive Kelly Brook sat there laughing but actually contributing no more than a member of the audience.  That's what got the viewing figures up which paid for the show.

As Helen Chamberlain is also a good presenter she gets to keep the job and now on talent; nobody will give Kelly Brook a presenting job again now she's fifteen years older.

Women get jobs based upon their looks; men don't so have to be talented to get jobs.  The Big Breakfast was the prime example: Johnny Vaughan making all the running and all the jokes and the very attractive Kelly Brook sat there laughing but actually contributing no more than a member of the audience.  That's what got the viewing figures up which paid for the show.

As Helen Chamberlain is also a good presenter she gets to keep the job and now on talent; nobody will give Kelly Brook a presenting job again now she's fifteen years older.

Didn't they replace Kelly Brook with Liza Tarbuck because she was so dreadful though?

Didn't they replace Kelly Brook with Liza Tarbuck because she was so dreadful though?

I think they did, and very good she was too.  She was somebody who had had to make it on talent because she wasn't conventionally attractive.

The difference is that if you are a stunningly attractive 20 something then if you are a woman you get your pick of modelling, presenting, reality shows and can make an absolute fortune.  If you are a man you will get none of this, as evidenced by one simple question: Name a current male model.

Women get jobs based upon their looks; men don't so have to be talented to get jobs. The Big Breakfast was the prime example: Johnny Vaughan making all the running and all the jokes and the very attractive Kelly Brook sat there laughing but actually contributing no more than a member of the audience. That's what got the viewing figures up which paid for the show.

The great thing about Helen Chamberlain is that she realises that the show is an adult(-ish) version of Tiswas. Humour isn't about glam, it's about being funny, which she does well.

Archived