IGNORED

Wilbs

palace451

Like many others; when I heard we had signed a 35 year old striker who had scored twice in 2 years, I feared the worst.

Wilbs has been a revelation, and endeared himself to City fans, not only with his goals, but with his great team work ethic.

A very important cog in a pretty efficient machine.

Great signing indeed thanks for letting him go :) although I don't think he would have much effect in the prem ..... But he is certainly having a big one in league one

He was a great option for us on the bench,  I remember one game I think it was against Villa at home, we were winning 1-0 be they were all over us, we bought him on in the last 15 minutes and he literally held up the ball in the corner flags nearly the entire time, the best hold up play ive ever seen.

Great first touch, works for hard only let down was he kept missing his chances and didnt score.

He was a great option for us on the bench,  I remember one game I think it was against Villa at home, we were winning 1-0 be they were all over us, we bought him on in the last 15 minutes and he literally held up the ball in the corner flags nearly the entire time, the best hold up play ive ever seen.

Great first touch, works for hard only let down was he kept missing his chances and didnt score.

He's got a very apparent presence and is game savvy alright. We've been plaiged by a soft underbelly down here for a number of years but no more, and Wilbraham epitomises that.

Think this is gonna be a unanimous thread in favour of the big fella. . . . .

He was a great option for us on the bench, I remember one game I think it was against Villa at home, we were winning 1-0 be they were all over us, we bought him on in the last 15 minutes and he literally held up the ball in the corner flags nearly the entire time, the best hold up play ive ever seen.

yes his hold up play is excellent although we haven't had to use him for that option to much as we don't hold on and just go for it. What also has amazed me is his touch and his lay ons. I think he's a bit of an old school no nonsense player which doesn't take no shit. It's hard to say that he's been our best signing this season as all the players we signed have had a significant part to play so far but he is very good for this level and it's going well so far....... Hopefully this will last all season we shall see with him being 35

Seem to be quite a few palarse who wish he'd been given more of a chance!

Absolute workhorse who chips in a lot to

Pace , power, a rather large tank to run on and thrives on confidence, got 11 goals already and several assists to add it up with... Definite ball winner in the air 9 times out of 10.

Last but not least has that little bit of fire in his belly to get wound up ... But when he is wound up , he let's it out on the ball... Which ends up in the back of the net... Scored 2 v Wombles midweek like it and also scored a cracker at Barnsley with a few minutes left to level it...

Just want to echo what others have said. I must admit before he signed I wasn't aware of him, and on news of his signing most people were pretty negative. Many said well at least it's only a year etc, now we are wishing it's more! Mind you we have been so badly burnt many times with players, we have turned prolific scorers into duds almost overnight so I could understand people's doubts.

But since he has been here he has been a revelation, as has the team. We are at last enjoying our football again after some very rough years. He looks a leader, always guiding and talking to other players on the pitch. I have never seen him disappear in games, ok he has less effective games but the effort is always there. He seems to have a lot of drive which rubs off on his team mates. He seems a popular figure in the dressing room too, a right character. I am glad he signed for us, and by the looks of it I don't think many would disagree.

Palace Fan in peace

Just wondering hows Wilbs doing for you now? is he still performing well like at the start of the season?

I was a big fan of Wilbs, think we made a mistake letting him go.

In L1 he's like having a Ferrari in a Mondeo race.

Hope he's got another season or so in him. Inspired signing.

Much rather have Wilbs than Bolasie. Terrible player with two left feet... :gaah:

Glad that he he appreciated

This is for another thread I know but since you mentioned his name.

Bolasie has been woeful  this season, his workrate has gone and the last couple of games he couldnt even control the ball, looks like a sunday morning pub player, most frustrating player ever, on his day he is world class but 7 out 10 times he looks like a spider on acid, legs all feet all over the place.

Glad that he he appreciated

This is for another thread I know but since you mentioned his name.

Bolasie has been woeful  this season, his workrate has gone and the last couple of games he couldnt even control the ball, looks like a sunday morning pub player, most frustrating player ever, on his day he is world class but 7 out 10 times he looks like a spider on acid, legs all feet all over the place.

That's the player we saw 99% of the time, then he was sold and suddenly people had recollections of his being some sort of Ronaldo type player and slammedthe manager for it. He only scuffed in 1 goal by accident in his time here. Bizarre how people change their stories so quickly (note: I cannot remember if I am one of them, dont think I am before any smart arse goes looking). 

Seem to be quite a few palarse who wish he'd been given more of a chance!

Absolute workhorse who chips in a lot to

Pace , power, a rather large tank to run on and thrives on confidence, got 11 goals already and several assists to add it up with... Definite ball winner in the air 9 times out of 10.

Last but not least has that little bit of fire in his belly to get wound up ... But when he is wound up , he let's it out on the ball... Which ends up in the back of the net... Scored 2 v Wombles midweek like it and also scored a cracker at Barnsley with a few minutes left to level it...

Echo everything apart from PACE!

He really isn't what anyone including himself would call pacey, but good shout with the rest.

I was watching Palace v Sunderland the other day on MNF and Bolasie picked the ball up half way, beat two men, then took a shot on goal that when out for a throw in. This is the sort of thing we saw from him here, completely headless.

As for Wilbs, has some of the best hold up/target play I think I've ever seen here. But he is by no means a lump most of his goals have come off the floor, certainly had skills. Brilliant player at this level.

Cotterill met him in a hotel in Dubai by accident, still can't beleive our luck with him.

That's the player we saw 99% of the time, then he was sold and suddenly people had recollections of his being some sort of Ronaldo type player and slammedthe manager for it. He only scuffed in 1 goal by accident in his time here. Bizarre how people change their stories so quickly (note: I cannot remember if I am one of them, dont think I am before any smart arse goes looking). 

Yeah, it was a real "accidental scuff". I think you Sir are the one with memory problems.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq3z21_bristol-city-coventry-city-2-goal_sport

Savvie?

loads cried out when we signed and used it as proof that Cotts was signing old overpaid journey men,

then he put on the famous purple and lime against Sheffield United and all critics were silenced and everyone were happy we signed him,

great hard working player runs about like he's 25

Yeah, it was a real "accidental scuff". I think you Sir are the one with memory problems.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq3z21_bristol-city-coventry-city-2-goal_sport

Savvie?

It looked scuffed from my view (behind him) and it was a poor shot that deflected in.

If I name another goal can you look that one up too please? 

Archived