IGNORED

Telford At Home

gregoryunit

We have played Telford FC once before in the FA Cup first round in 1962-63 but they were then known as Wellington Town.

That match at Ashton Gate ended in a 4-2 win for City with goals from Atyeo 2, Jantzen Derrick and Bobby Etheridge. Attendance 9,379.

With the birth of the new town of Telford, their name was changed to Telford United. They went bust in 2004 and supporters formed a new club AFC Telford. They have now regained the Conference league which they lost with the bankruptcy.

While living and working in Telford in 1980's, I saw some Conference games there and it is the only ground in England where I have watched professional football outside of the Football League.

Telford is a decent sized town that could definitely sustain a football league club if they got there. I think they average about 1500-2000, not bad for a team bottom of the conference.

Telford is a khazi, a soulless concrete lump dumped in the middle of some nice countryside. I had the misfortune to work there for a while and found myself working alongside a horse puncher.

Telford is a decent sized town that could definitely sustain a football league club if they got there. I think they average about 1500-2000, not bad for a team bottom of the conference.

Would the proximity of Shrewsbury, Hereford and especially the Birmingham/Wolves conurbation deny them larger attendances though?

Kidderminster never had more than a few thousand when they were in the League.

like another topic I commented on recently about Sat 3pm kickoffs, I booked to go from Bristol to Alicante on the Sunday for 4 days on sleazyjet to see daughter and grandkids to take pressies, ggggggggggreat we are playing on the sunday  :grr: :grr: :grr: Lesson to be learned: dont book anywhere during football season

Many of the original inhabitants came from Wolverhampton, the Black Country and Birmingham so the majority would still follow their original teams. Even Stoke City is not far away.

Wolves being the closest have the majority. It's unlikely that many in Telford would go to Shrewsbury Town and Hereford would be extremely unlikely.

We have played Telford FC once before in the FA Cup first round in 1962-63 but they were then known as Wellington Town.

That match at Ashton Gate ended in a 4-2 win for City with goals from Atyeo 2, Jantzen Derrick and Bobby Etheridge. Attendance 9,379.

With the birth of the new town of Telford, their name was changed to Telford United. They went bust in 2004 and supporters formed a new club AFC Telford. They have now regained the Conference league which they lost with the bankruptcy.

While living and working in Telford in 1980's, I saw some Conference games there and it is the only ground in England where I have watched professional football outside of the Football League.

The New Lawn is the only ground I've watched professional football outside the Football League. I've was a local derby.

Big lolz at that!

Archived