IGNORED

Worst Fans In The Country

chivers88

the thing that annoys me about it is that more fans complain and make up poor excuses why they cant make an atmosphere than actually contribute to one

I think the problem spans when a couple of people try to lead and start a song, some join in but most cant be bothered and it fades away.

Even away from home its pretty sporadic these days, used to be awesome and enjoyable even if we were getting mullered but now...

Singing section in the Williams rest of the ground ur all ******* shit we are top of the league so sing ur bunch boring *****

It was a morgue today.

Was opposite the Williams and heard barely a peep all game. Had to laugh when about a dozen people there piped up with 'can you hear Preston sing' ,,erm yes, very loudly and clearly for most of the game!

There were a few attempts to get songs going in the Atyeo today but overall I'd agree. Sitting's got a lot to do with it, but there's an entire generation who don't know what to do at football these days.

Don't agree. Away fans still make a load of noise all around the country.

Preston were not quiet, they were sat in the same ground as the rest of us. Chesterfield and Oldham made a decent racket.

Disagree about our away support being bad. Home is tame, sometimes poor, away is just about having a good time and being with people who want to support the team.

I enjoy away games far more than home.

As for 'English football is dead', well no, its not. I wonder how many people post on here about the state of the game whilst subscribing to sky sports or BT.

Get a grip people, we're losing atmosphere around the gate and around England because no one has ever put up a fight against what's happening to football besides a march or two and the odd banner. Do you think they care what you think?

Don't blame the 'club' for our shitty home atmosphere or the FA, blame ourselves.

Crystal Palace fans are the yardstick at the moment.

Love em or loathe em, the singing section of the Holmesdale End gives it absolutely everything whether they are winning, getting stuffed or playing out a boring draw.

They are just superb. Their "You've got the money but we've got the soul" banner display against Man City was class.

People on here wax lyrical about the East End of the last few seasons. It was nothing compared to the East End of the '70s and '80s and it was nothing compared to the atmospheres of other clubs like Palace.

They work positively with the club to try and ensure that every possible bit of potential 'home advantage's fully maximised.

The odd rendition of 'come on you reds' from the Williams is getting tired.

Get the facking flares and smoke bombs out. Bollox to the FA and points deduction - we'll win more with the atmosphere behind us than they'll dock.

In all seriousness it's a corporate affair and the powers that be have decided they want a tame atmosphere and no display of emotion. Welcome to modern day football. In some respects it is better watching on tv.... But it should never be

Archived