IGNORED

Wade Elliott Take 2

Welcome To The Jungle

Funny how any time the lads name is brought up it ALWAYS turns into a debate about his ability for some reason?

The problem with Wilshere is the media harped on about him so much and put him on this pedestal. He picked up a horrible injury and has struggled for form since and everyone's on his back. The poor lad must constantly feel like he has something to prove, I can only imagine what that sort of pressure does to someone.

Funny how any time the lads name is brought up it ALWAYS turns into a debate about his ability for some reason?

The problem with Wilshere is the media harped on about him so much and put him on this pedestal. He picked up a horrible injury and has struggled for form since and everyone's on his back. The poor lad must constantly feel like he has something to prove, I can only imagine what that sort of pressure does to someone.

Probably turn to cigarettes.

Its really great to have all these players to have a pop at isn't it?

Jack Wilshire is a bloody good footballer, even though he's English.

He's no Paul Scholes. And the media keep wanting him to be this hybrid of all of our best midfielders: Gazza, Beckham, Scholes etc

I just don't see it. Sure, he can pass a ball well and he can run... But he's not skillfull, he's not a tough tackler (though he does have his temper tantrums) and he's not a consistent goal threat.

Just what is he?

He's no Paul Scholes. And the media keep wanting him to be this hybrid of all of our best midfielders: Gazza, Beckham, Scholes etc

I just don't see it. Sure, he can pass a ball well and he can run... But he's not skillfull, he's not a tough tackler (though he does have his temper tantrums) and he's not a consistent goal threat.

Just what is he?

.....A bloody good footballer.  What the media want is irrelevant. Not skilful?...........You're 'avin a laugh.    You don't see it? That's your problem. Tough tackler? Scholes was renowned for being a hopeless tackler.

.....A bloody good footballer.  What the media want is irrelevant. Not skilful?...........You're 'avin a laugh.    You don't see it? That's your problem. Tough tackler? Scholes was renowned for being a hopeless tackler.

Scholes had various other talents that allowed him to be a 'hopeless tackler', as you say. His passing and his vision is why so many in the game around the world regarded him as their toughest opponent and/or a player who they would have in their side. These are the likes of Xavi, Guardiola, Zidane et al. Why he was constantly put on the left of midfield for England to accommodate Gerrard/Lampard etc I have no idea!

Wilshere is very inconsistent. Talented? Yes. Can he make the odd decent pass? Yes. Can he take someone on now and again? Yes. Can he do it every game/4 out of 5 matches? No. He will never be on the level of Scholes, Gazza and other England midfield greats.

Wilshere is very inconsistent. Talented? Yes. Can he make the odd decent pass? Yes. Can he take someone on now and again? Yes. Can he do it every game/4 out of 5 matches? No. He will never be on the level of Scholes, Gazza and other England midfield greats.

Took the words out my mouth squire. Still maintain wilshere isn't a naturally skilful player like sterling for example. He's just one of the modern breed of footballer. Trained well and very athletic. But not a truly great player.

Scholes had various other talents that allowed him to be a 'hopeless tackler', as you say. His passing and his vision is why so many in the game around the world regarded him as their toughest opponent and/or a player who they would have in their side. These are the likes of Xavi, Guardiola, Zidane et al. Why he was constantly put on the left of midfield for England to accommodate Gerrard/Lampard etc I have no idea!

So what? People comparing him to Scholes; Scholes was one of the greatest centre midfielders of all time, full stop. Not being as good as Scholesy or Gazza does not stop making you a very good player. But the English love to criticise our own as we all know.

Archived