IGNORED

Typical Deluded City Fans

Bristol_Badger

Think we are better than what we are.

We've had a great season so far but we ain't title winners. Squad is too small and 1 injury in any position pulls our pants down.

Lack of pace again was telling today.

Anyone who thinks Joe Bryan is good enough for Evesham let alone Everton needs a wake up call.

See you in May in the Play offs.

The oversized bubble

Pop

Nothing to do with lack of pace, it's the lack of movement. Little and Bryan just standing there stationary meant we had to go through the middle, and Preston had enough bodies to deal with that, I agree with your opinion about Joe Bryan but I think this team is good enough to go up.

They have certainly not been as effective in their wingback roles in recent weeks, so perhaps now is the time to tinker slightly with the formation.

From what i expected of him and the rave reviews from his Stevenage performances last season, Freeman has under achieved and as suggested on RB last night a move out wide left may bring more productivity from him, which i thought was his natural position anyway.

Ayling has shown his ability with his forages forward from defence on many occasions and as i believe his favoured position at yeovil was midfield then perhaps that could be worth a try. 

It woul mean reverting to good old 442 or dare i say it, possibly 4411 allowing JET to rekindle his love in behind one or the other.

We loose one game 1-0 because we played 90mins with 10 men and the next a team comes and psrks the bus and takes one of s few chances to win 1-0.

We never looked good enough to win the league at a canter but we will go up.

Whats the problem?

If Wilbraham had scored that sitter early on or Agard ditto at the start of the second half we would have won the game. This was the only difference between this and other home performances, normally we put those away. In a lot of the home games we've won the other team had had spells with a lot of posession but normally we take good chances when we get them. Preston are a good side at defending a lead, we only had ourselves to blame but I don't know why so many people on the forum are panicking and calling for changes.

We've had a great season so far but we ain't title winners. Squad is too small and 1 injury in any position pulls our pants down.

Anyone who thinks Joe Bryan is good enough for Evesham let alone Everton needs a wake up call.

The oversized bubble

Pop

:facepalm:

The oversized bubble

Pop

I'm guessing you've been waiting a while to post this. Currently we're the best team in this league (see league table)

Think you sir need a wake up call if anyone is deluded it is you.

We were ambushed at Swindle and yesterday we played the other top 3 team who came to either draw or go ahead and then sit on it. Agreed we missed Wade but one man doesnt make a PROMOTION team. I for one see no need to panic, The Gaffer does know what he is doing and rather setback now against the other two top teams than later on against lower opposition. City are playing with conviction now ( for those with short memories, remember this time last year - I do !) and get used to it guys and gals, we will lose some matches. We will be there at the end, its just the few brown panters we will have to put up with between then and now :chant6ez::shocking:

Time to put on an Eno ambient cd, nice cup of peppermint, light a joss stick, lie down, close eyes and relax....breathe in...and out...breathe in...and out. Try to imagine your inner self letting go. Ahhh that's better..life is still sweet sitting pretty top of the league. No panic. No concern. Just enjoy the ride. Good things are meant to happen.....ahhhh:)

I don't agree with the comment that we're not title winners, as the club's record speaks for itself, but I do feel that the squad is a bit small to cover for injuries or suspension etc.  Now that Burns is injured we've only got one spare forward (JET).  Whether or not he is a good player, he doesn't easily fit into the current City formation.  I thought Pack had a bit of an off day yesterday, but bringing on Reid as a replacement would have been a gamble based on his recent performances for City.  

I'm sure Cotts will sign player(s) in the January window and he already started the process by signing Citizen Kane.

The oversized bubble

Pop

What a load of arse.

Bryan was excellent yesterday, winning the ball, taking men on and - particularly in the second half when he was fed the ball more frequently - taking the ball forward again and again, usually with a corner or cross at the end of it. Little was a bit more subdued, but that's understandable perhaps returning from injury.

It's incredible how some people just have to witness two very narrow defeat (one only caused by cheating, and incompetent officials) to sink into the sloth of despond.

F- knows how cheery the OP must be during our normal seasons!

The oversized bubble

Pop

You're either a WUM or you've been waiting in anticipation for 3 months to post this thread.

I'm not sure which is more pathetic.

The oversized bubble

Totally agree mate, we have no cover anywhere on the pitch..

No competition for strikers whatsoever, complacency will always start to creep in.

No decent cover in midfield.

Funnily enough we look stronger at the back where cover is concerned..

Needs addressing ASAP

If Wilbraham had scored that sitter early on or Agard ditto at the start of the second half we would have won the game. This was the only difference between this and other home performances, normally we put those away. In a lot of the home games we've won the other team had had spells with a lot of posession but normally we take good chances when we get them. Preston are a good side at defending a lead, we only had ourselves to blame but I don't know why so many people on the forum are panicking and calling for changes.

I couldn't agree more with this post: yesterday's game was largely identical to many home games this season, except we didn't bury any of our chances, something we have rarely been guilty of.

Preston were good, v good, and it was meant to be their day. It just wasn't going to go in for us yesterday. We could still be out their now trying to score and not manage it (admittedly, maybe not imbetween all the rugger buggers).

I must admit I don't see a lack of pace as a problem anywhere on the pitch and Joe Bryan deserves little of the criticism he's getting at this moment. He didn't have his best game but he is bound to fade a little as this is his first full, proper season game-in, game-out. Everton, no, agreed, but Evesham? Nah, he's a starter in City's team every week at the mo, waaaay better than Cunningham will ever be.

The squad is a little thin, though. Two strikers isn't enough in the Fourth Div, let alone trying to out-do everyone else at this level. We need someone to offer a change and I don't think Cotts sees that as JET. Ambling about again yesterday (except for one sprint to the by-line to keep the ball in - he does have pace!!) I wasn't sure if he knew the score when he came on. Thought he'd been caught up on his tweeter account sat on the bench, maybe. He did ok, he's done worse coming on as sub, but that's the thing, he's not a sub. he needs to either be playing all the time or forget it.

And as for Reid. His shorts looked so big on him. That's all he contributed. Waste of time, unfortunately, he'll not get us promoted.

Time for the loan market, definitely and don't wait till things go really wrong, Cotts. This is not panicking, it's what all teams do, look to improve the squad all the time. How complacent would it be, top or not, to just sit back and say 'Our squad's good enough'?

http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

I thought we played ok yesterday, but fair play to Preston, they defended superbly.

We were ambushed at Swindle and yesterday we played the other top 3 team who came to either draw or go ahead and then sit on it. Agreed we missed Wade but one man doesnt make a PROMOTION team. I for one see no need to panic, The Gaffer does know what he is doing and rather setback now against the other two top teams than later on against lower opposition. City are playing with conviction now ( for those with short memories, remember this time last year - I do !) and get used to it guys and gals, we will lose some matches. We will be there at the end, its just the few brown panters we will have to put up with between then and now :chant6ez::shocking:

Agree with most of this, but have to take issue with the assertion that we missed Wade Elliott (not with you, oldstandrobin, but the idea).

We didn't miss him. We missed our chances. it's all too easy after a defeat to say, 'Who wasn't playing? That's why we lost.' 

Elliott wouldn't have created more chances yesterday (although he would've been more progressive than Pack) nor would he have finished one of those chances. Smith being out of position, seemingly, was a knock-on effect of Elliott not playing but I don't think we missed him per se.

As detailed... http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

Completely agree with this, you can add in that Wilbs missed great chance to equalize at Swindon too. It's been a very small margin between success and failure, so we lost two on the run but could very easily have drawn at Swindon and beaten Preston if those easy chances had been converted. No need for panic yet, (although personally would love to see Jet start in place of Agard for Posh game, doubt it will happen though).

Have a word with yourself.

I have only seen one team come close to us and that was

MK Dons, even with their dodgy defence.

We were never going to go all season unbeaten & considering where we've come from to be whete we are playing some fantastic football and lighting up this league is absolutely fantastic.

The only one who is deluded is you fellah!

Archived