IGNORED

Annoying Things At Ag Yesterday

Nogbad the Bad

Irksome to lose the game of course, but also infuriating to see Preston's most boisterous fans being allowed to group right next to the tunnel - and shout in the ears of our players - when there were plenty of empty seats in the corner. As officialdom knew in advance exactly how many PNE fans were coming why was this area not covered with sheeting as it was on the City side?

Also what is this horiffic new policy of sustitutions being announced as 'sponsored by....'? Never thought I'd see the day. 

And why is it deemed necessary to not only announce the number of away fans, and wish the wildly celebrating Preston fans a safe journey home, (very sweet I'm sure, but incredibly PC) but also to actually thank them for their support?

Twice in as many minutes if I'm not mistaken. :grr: 

Agree - find it bizarre that away fans are where they are. Surely gives potential for an advantage. Wouldn't other side of Atyeo have been better? Not sure on logistics of it all.

I was hopeful it would be the other side but apparently that many away fans coming out by the dolmans exit wasn't a good idea. I think we need to fence off at least 2 rows next to the tunnell, maybe more. I also couldn't understand why we had a line of stewards our side of the net but nothing for them (we were the ones sat quietly in exactly the way the stewards like, but they were aloud to do what they want including, throwing objects/shouting abuse/banging on the tunnell/incroaching on the net ect.

Hate the 'substitute sponsored by' messages, can only think there is some hefty financial reward or something.

And as for the away fans yesterday, this was the first time I've noticed them giving grief to the family stand, surely this cannot be allowed to happen again.

Hate the 'substitute sponsored by' messages, can only think there is some hefty financial reward or something.

And as for the away fans yesterday, this was the first time I've noticed them giving grief to the family stand, surely this cannot be allowed to happen again.

Occupational hazard of putting the "family section" next to away support. Same as when there were issues when the disabled section was in the Williams E block. Club don't think about these things very well.

The issue was raised after the demolition of the EE, about the disadvantage of the away fans being by the tunnel. Police aren't prioritising supporter influence at AG.

The club will say: it's only for one season, etc.

Sums it up really, we are merely customers in their eyes.

I don't think there is anything wrong with announcing the number of away fans and wishing them a safe journey home.  It's been done for a long time without any problem and it's standard practice at many other clubs.  There is often a lot of criticism on the forum about City fans being treated badly, by police, stewards etc when attending away matches.  If we want to be treated properly when we go to an away match, then we should expect City to treat away fans well, when they come to Ashton Gate.

The issue was raised after the demolition of the EE, about the disadvantage of the away fans being by the tunnel. Police aren't prioritising supporter influence at AG.

The club will say: it's only for one season, etc.

Sums it up really, we are merely customers in their eyes.

Is it not the case that next season the away fans will be able to surround the tunnel as it will be away fans only in the Atyeo?

Home fans in the new South stand and remodelled Dolman only?

Is it not the case that next season the away fans will be able to surround the tunnel as it will be away fans only in the Atyeo?

Home fans in the new South stand and remodelled Dolman only?

No, next season it will still be shared due to reduced capacity because of no Williams stand.

When the redeveloped Williams re-opens, then the players will run out from there, and then only away fans will be in the Atyeo.

Irksome to lose the game of course, but also infuriating to see Preston's most boisterous fans being allowed to group right next to the tunnel - and shout in the ears of our players - when there were plenty of empty seats in the corner. As officialdom knew in advance exactly how many PNE fans were coming why was this area not covered with sheeting as it was on the City side?

Also what is this horiffic new policy of sustitutions being announced as 'sponsored by....'? Never thought I'd see the day. 

And why is it deemed necessary to not only announce the number of away fans, and wish the wildly celebrating Preston fans a safe journey home, (very sweet I'm sure, but incredibly PC) but also to actually thank them for their support?

Twice in as many minutes if I'm not mistaken. :grr: 

I was sat right by the tunnel in the Atyeo. Couldnt see how many fans they bought, but is that right? They allowed them to congregate by tthe tunnel when there was space the other side of the stand?

Bear in mind.....City fans were not allowed by the tunnel.....shocking decision by City to be fair.

When the players came off at half time....they were bombarded with abuse. Flint gave a bit of verbal back....Scott Murray looked a little un- nerved by it one one kiddy in a red baseball cap started pointing at him and give him shed loads.

Massive own goal by City in that respect yesterday, would love to know Dave L's thoughts on why this was allowed?

No excuses as to why we were so poor yesterdaya though, both on and off the pitch

Occupational hazard of putting the "family section" next to away support. Same as when there were issues when the disabled section was in the Williams E block. Club don't think about these things very well.

Not true. Block H is for families which is the other end of the stand. The rest of the stand is for anyone, just like anywhere else in the ground. I would imagine the club had their reasons for putting the away fans where they did. Easy to bash the club without full knowledge of all the issues they had to consider.

I don't think there is anything wrong with announcing the number of away fans and wishing them a safe journey home.  It's been done for a long time without any problem and it's standard practice at many other clubs.  There is often a lot of criticism on the forum about City fans being treated badly, by police, stewards etc when attending away matches.  If we want to be treated properly when we go to an away match, then we should expect City to treat away fans well, when they come to Ashton Gate.

To an extent yoiu are right but I still don't see it as at all necessary.

PC and no doubt done for no other reason than ticking a box on some 'away fan experience' exercise.

How about a special mention for the many hundreds of City fans who travel long distances to home games from all over the country?

As for thanking the PNE fans for their support, that's just ridiculous. If it's got to be done perhaps a bit more detail could be added to fill in the minutes as we exit the environs of the ground?

"Thank you so much for your support Preston fans. A big thank you for the 5 smoke bombs, very entertaining and much appreciated. Many thanks also for abusing the City players at the tunnel, and the Junior Reds and their parents have asked me to pass on their gratitude for the aggression shown in their direction throughout the match."

That should cover it.

To an extent yoiu are right but I still don't see it as at all necessary.

PC and no doubt done for no other reason than ticking a box on some 'away fan experience' exercise.

How about a special mention for the many hundreds of City fans who travel long distances to home games from all over the country?

As for thanking the PNE fans for their support, that's just ridiculous. If it's got to be done perhaps a bit more detail could be added to fill in the minutes as we exit the environs of the ground?

"Thank you so much for your support Preston fans. A big thank you for the 5 smoke bombs, very entertaining and much appreciated. Many thanks also for abusing the City players at the tunnel, and the Junior Reds and their parents have asked me to pass on their gratitude for the aggression shown in their direction throughout the match."

That should cover it.

The abuse was a minority. The majority travelled a long way, put money into the club's pocket and added to the occasion by creating a good noise. It's not "PC" to recognise that, it's the decent thing to do.

I was sat right by the tunnel in the Atyeo. Couldnt see how many fans they bought, but is that right? They allowed them to congregate by tthe tunnel when there was space the other side of the stand?

Bear in mind.....City fans were not allowed by the tunnel.....shocking decision by City to be fair.

When the players came off at half time....they were bombarded with abuse. Flint gave a bit of verbal back....Scott Murray looked a little un- nerved by it one one kiddy in a red baseball cap started pointing at him and give him shed loads.

Massive own goal by City in that respect yesterday, would love to know Dave L's thoughts on why this was allowed?

Yes, there was space. I was sat at the Atyeo end of the Williams and the empty seats in the corner were clearly visible.

More than enough seats to fit in the unruly group mobbed up by the tunnel.

If nothing else you'd have thought they could have moved them quietly at half time when it had become obvious the group contained trouble makers.

There were 904(?) PNE fans yesterday, I think I'm right in saying City provide 1,100 seats as an away allocation.

The abuse was a minority. The majority travelled a long way, put money into the club's pocket and added to the occasion by creating a good noise. It's not "PC" to recognise that, it's the decent thing to do.

Seems to me that the club ethos is to attempt to quash any 'undesirable' support, whilst holding up as an example 'desirable' support. The inverted commas are not placed without intention.

This was once a tribal pass time but the concept does not sit easy with the cooperate model.

To challange or deny is the issue here.

Seems to me that the club ethos is to attempt to quash any 'undesirable' support, whilst holding up as an example 'desirable' support. The inverted commas are not placed without intention.

This was once a tribal pass time but the concept does not sit easy with the cooperate model.

To challange or deny is the issue here.

Agree - definitely seems that way. Given the choice, if it was black and White, feels like the club would prefer a stadium full of those who prefer to watch the game without making a racket instead of former EE'rs. Club should treat every "type" of supporter equally.

Agree - definitely seems that way. Given the choice, if it was black and White, feels like the club would prefer a stadium full of those who prefer to watch the game without making a racket instead of former EE'rs. Club should treat every "type" of supporter equally.

Of course they do, less hassle etc. If they had a ground full of say the middle of the parkend. Sometimes singing, no standing etc, no nasty songs. The club would be in heaven

There is a lot to dislike about modern football. But we are part of the wider football community and I can't see why wishing our fellow supporters from another club a safe journey home is anything other than a nice gesture. It should be possible to have a full-blooded rivalry with another set of supporters during a game, but still hope they don't have a car crash on the way back.

There is a lot to dislike about modern football. But we are part of the wider football community and I can't see why wishing our fellow supporters from another club a safe journey home is anything other than a nice gesture. It should be possible to have a full-blooded rivalry with another set of supporters during a game, but still hope they don't have a car crash on the way back.

Oh, for crying out loud, of course we hope they don't have a car crash on the way home.

But that goes without saying - literally.  :disapointed2se: 

Oh, for crying out loud, of course we hope they don't have a car crash on the way home.

But that goes without saying - literally.  :disapointed2se: 

Of course no one hopes that happens - and therefore there is absolutely no harm in wishing our visitors a safe journey home at the end of the match. I don't see why it's "ridiculous" to say it. I also don't think that by saying it the club are making any sort of statement about the sort of fans they want attending the game. That's an absurd extrapolation.

Archived