IGNORED

P'boro' Strengthened

22A

"P'boro' have signed a central defender on emergency loan and he goes straight in to the team to face Bristol City on Friday"

That was on our local sports news this morning. The player is Harry Buttiman from Conference strugglers Welling.

For all those of you with a ready line in banter, his name is pronounced Beauty man!

Obviously dont want to judge him too much as I only ever heard of him 30 seconds ago, but is signing a player from a struggling conference side 'strengthening'?

In fairness they have a good record of picking up players from the conference who are decent.

"P'boro' have signed a central defender on emergency loan and he goes straight in to the team to face Bristol City on Friday"

That was on our local sports news this morning. The player is Harry Buttiman from Conference strugglers Welling.

For all those of you with a ready line in banter, his name is pronounced Beauty man!

Not a chance that he will be called Beauty Man. I can think of quite a few other things that he will be called with a name like that.

Perhaps it should have been Bucket!  Oh I'm sorry it should be Bouquet

He's a midfielder. 11 goals this season and got a call up to the England C squad recently. If he plays Friday I'll be interested in how he fares?!? A plus for us is Marcus Maddison being injured as he's been on fire for Posh since his move from Gateshead. He's their new golden boy and who makes them tick.

I went to Brislington vs Welling in the FA cup last season and Welling's only decent player was their central midfielder, number 8 and skipper, all the same bloke!

Is it him?

Still wouldn't lose sleep if it was though!

Archived