IGNORED

Adam El Abd To Bury

Carey 6

Would have preferred to have seen Osborne loaned out than El-Abd myself.

That's the bit that actually is of some passing interest, I would have thought.

El Abd has been ahead of Osborne so far this season, in as much as it's been El Abd who's been in the match day squad, or on the bench, or come on as sub on the rare occasions a defender has been replaced during a game. It therefore would have been less of a surprise, to me at any rate, if Osborne had been the one to go elsewhere for a while to get some game time, since he's hardly played competitively since recovering from the nasty pre-season injury inflicted on him in Botswana.

The fact that it's El Abd who's going out on loan suggests to me that his long-term future at City may be in doubt. What we don't know is whether El Abd himself asked to go in order to get games and/or because he's not happy, or whether Cotterill has decided to ship him out. It's interesting in so far as there's been much made of the tight-knit nature of the squad and the fact that the fringe players have been very patient and uncomplaining about having to wait to be selected.

It will also be interesting to see who comes in on loan, what position he's going to cover and who replaces El Abd in his customary position on the bench - Osborne, or a new signing? If it's the latter, that would appear to send a message to Osborne, too....

So I would have said that it arguably is remotely interesting, in fact.

It will also be interesting to see who comes in on loan, what position he's going to cover and who replaces El Abd in his customary position on the bench - Osborne, or a new signing? If it's the latter, that would appear to send a message to Osborne, too....

So I would have said that it arguably is remotely interesting, in fact.

Like most fans i will be interested to see who (if anyone) signs on loan. Hopefully whoever shows up proves to be a better acquisition than some of the utter rubbish we've been unlucky enough to see wear a City shirt over the years.

The Bristol City midfielder was recalled by his parent club two weeks into a second month on loan at Home Park to provide injury cover, but made only one appearance back with the Robins, coming on as an 85th-minute substitute in City's 1-0 defeat to Preston last Saturday. 

Bobby made a favourable impression in his initial seven games whilst borrowed to Argyle. He made his debut in a 1-0 defeat at Accrington Stanley, but, after creating a winning goal for namesake Reuben Reid on his home bow against Shrewsbury Town, would go on to be a telling part of Argyle's unbeaten run through October and early November, playing in an advanced midfield role. 

His last game for Argyle came at Burton Albion, in a 1-1 draw, before he was recalled to Ashton Gate. 

The terms of this loan means Bobby will be with Argyle up to January 3, but will not be available for games in the FA Cup. 

Read more at http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/plymouth-argyle-have-re-signed-midfielder-bobby-reid-on-loan-from-bristol-city-2106059.aspx#EGv522JVqmY0kfyd.99

:blink:

Loan ends January 3rd, anyone reckon Bobby's move could be made permanent in January ?

I don't think he's done sufficient to push for a regular place in the City team. If he's not good enough at league 1 level, he won't be good enough at championship level should City get promotion. So my answer to the question is "yes"

Last season in the game at P'boro', none of the Posh players or fans appealed when Assombalonga collapsed. Only the linesman thought he had pbserved foul play which resulted in El Abd being sent off.

With this season's game at P'boro' upon us, I thought he'd play his heart out for us in that match.

I felt we needed at least one player in before El Abd and Reid left as our squad is really quite small. Even with 2 reportedly coming in today i feel we are still short. Letting AEA go is a strange one for me, especially while we are playing 3 at the back. I guess it depends whose in demand but it seemed Osbourne has been behind El Abd so lets hope he's found fitness and favour with SC.

The duration of the loan is odd too. If we are keen to get rid of AEA then timing him up until the end of the transfer window seems odd. Maybe its with a view to a permanent deal? I'm all for gradually improving the squad quality but surely this needs to be done with permanent deals. Wheeling and dealing with loans has the potential to leave us short in key areas.

Some players drift off to the lower leagues simply because they are not good enough any more....we've seen it with Hunt, Shorey and Harewood....we can now add El Abd to that list.

Really struggled at the end of his time with Brighton, came to us and as we all know was poor last season. Some decline quicker than others....for every Eliott and Wilbraham there is an El Abd. Maybe he has found his level at 29.

Good luck to him, but I think any chance of him becoming a regular for us has now gone.

Archived