IGNORED

Two In Today

cottsciderarmy

Don't write off the Redknapp /Cotterill connection !

good point but I doubt it for two reasons,

Tarabat won't drop down that level he seems to be the type of player who is happy just to collect wages

and wages we couldn't aford to cover part of them, (unless qpr are picking it all up just to get him fit)

Me feelings are, anyone signing today will be here perm in jan (if they perform well)

I can't or won't say how I know, only that the midfielder is of good quality and we're not alone in wanting him, but there is a good connection between the manager of the club and Cotterill and that's why he is more likely to join us but 4 clubs want him. Club would have loaned him sooner but had to wait on the injury outcome of another player. It will be a short term deal only with no option of extension or permanent.

The said manager has put it to the player to come to us, but it's his decision and he knows the other 3 clubs of which 2 are Championship sides and also the wages won't be cheap so it has to be sanctioned by SL. But Cotts is keen to bring him in until January to help boost the midfield and he is someone with a lot of Premier League experience.

The Striker is Smith, but that appears to be common knowledge. 

I can't or won't say how I know, only that the midfielder is of good quality and we're not alone in wanting him, but there is a good connection between the manager of the club and Cotterill and that's why he is more likely to join us but 4 clubs want him. Club would have loaned him sooner but had to wait on the injury outcome of another player. It will be a short term deal only with no option of extension or permanent.

The said manager has put it to the player to come to us, but it's his decision and he knows the other 3 clubs of which 2 are Championship sides and also the wages won't be cheap so it has to be sanctioned by SL. But Cotts is keen to bring him in until January to help boost the midfield and he is someone with a lot of Premier League experience.

The Striker is Smith, but that appears to be common knowledge. 

I hope it's Joey Barton and that he 2 foot challenges Darren Ferguson tomorrow.

that could mean he's here but we are waiting for the fax to warm up,

SC likes to keep his cards close to his chest

SC actually hinted one deal was pretty much done and dusted within a couple of hours, but another hangs in the balance.

Okay what I've heard is a player who got promoted with Cotterill to the Premier League who has had a bad injury needs a run of games to get fit and the team don't have many reserve games between now and January. He is considered very much first team quality for his current Championship side, but he needs game time and they are looking to send him short term on loan. 

They are keen not to loan to a Championship side and having previously played under Cotterill , Cotterill has approached for a short term loan as he thinks he will add to our midfield and can give him game time to get fit.

It's by no means a done deal and he is on a decent wage.

But talks are ongoing and if the player wants to come until January he can. 

The player plays at Wigan , who can't risk game time to get fit as they are in the relegation zone and Cotterill is a friend of Malky Mackay's and has asked if he could take the player on loan. Wigan had to wait on some tests to Ben Watson before committing to a loan but he's been given the all clear to play again and therefore Wigan are in favour of a move.

It's down to the player and Lansdown to sanction the wages, but the player is Chris McCann.

SC actually hinted one deal was pretty much done and dusted within a couple of hours, but another hangs in the balance.

Okay what I've heard is a player who got promoted with Cotterill to the Premier League who has had a bad injury needs a run of games to get fit and the team don't have many reserve games between now and January. He is considered very much first team quality for his current Championship side, but he needs game time and they are looking to send him short term on loan. 

They are keen not to loan to a Championship side and having previously played under Cotterill , Cotterill has approached for a short term loan as he thinks he will add to our midfield and can give him game time to get fit.

The player plays at Wigan , who can't risk game time to get fit as they are in the relegation zone and Cotterill is a friend of Malky Mackay's and has asked if he could take the player on loan. Wigan had to wait on some tests to Ben Watson before committing to a loan but he's been given the all clear to play again and therefore Wigan are in favour of a move.

It's down to the player and Lansdown to sanction the wages, but the player is Chris McCann.

McCann, good player if I remember correctly but doesn't he have an injury history which makes Anderton look like iron man? That being the case, not disappointed it would be a loan and not with a view to moving.

McCann, good player if I remember correctly but doesn't he have an injury history which makes Anderton look like iron man? That being the case, not disappointed it would be a loan and not with a view to moving.

No, not a history of injury, he had knee problems in his final season at Burnley and then fractured it against Man City in the FA Cup last season. He has played a couple of reserve games lately and Wigan need him back in the first team but have only 1 reserve fixture between now and January and they don't want to risk further injury by rushing him back. The move is designed to get him fit for Wigan, but his quality would serve us well and he know's Cotterill well. Cotterill and Mackay get on, and Cotterill offered to help if allowed, and the loan will suit both teams but the player may wish not to come, and we would be required to pay his wages if we take him on. He is out of contract at the end of the year and I would imagine Cotts is taking a look at him, as the position Wigan are in, if they went down and we went up, he could be a good replacement for Elliott as if we go up and Elliott doesn't retire I can only imagine him being an impact player next season.

cotterill never got promoted to the prem, burnley went up in 2010, cotts left in 2007, Owen Coyle got them promoted to the prem and then signed him for Wigan

Archived