IGNORED

Two In Today

cottsciderarmy

Sorry, I thought Burnley had a stint in the Premier League with Cotterill and this guy was at Burnley during all of Cotterills time there. Didn't look at the actual facts just passed on what I had heard that Malky and SC were in discussion about a loan and he had played under Cotts before and needs first team game time.

Doyle and Agard too similar, can't see this. A he would cost a bomb and B would unbalance the strike force.

disagree completely,

Doyle is good in the air and at 6ft adds a bit more up top then agard,

the other thing is you can never have enough good strikers,

Is he good enough for the Championship though and is he better than Wilbraham and Smith ?

Smith isn't our player so we shouldn't assume he will be here if/when we get to the championship,

If this is true then smith may be the stop gap while we sign doyle on a prem, at 26 he is a good age and could develop in to a great striker at a higher level,

I rate him from what little I've seen of him but wether he's that good over the entire season? who knows,

is he worth the gamble? yes if you can get a goal scorer of under a million then you need to sign them imo, Cotts may not get it right with all his signings but the majority of them are good so I'd trust him and pembertons judgement

Can't see him being less than 2-3m myself, would prefer we signed someone with Championship proven ability for the money, than someone who is having a good season in League One, but has gone off the boil in the last few weeks. Agent talk I reckon.

800k at most he hasn't played outside of the bottom two leagues, and we seem to have steal in the market for a change,

thats just my thoughts tho'

Agree that would be a good price, but he's 2 years left on his contract and having the season of his life, so I expect Chesterfield if they are going to sell him will want big dollar or they will keep him.

400k cash, 400k promotion clause, 20% sell on fee, and wes burns on loan til the end of the season?

that may be tempting, anyway its just speculation at the moment

I guess the fee depends on contract (18 months?) length and their finances.

Scored almost 1-2 over 60+ games , and you can only do it at the level you're at. I'd be amazed if we spent big on an unproven championship player. However could be a decent punt if the fee is sensible.

My guy has told me McCann rejected the move, said he want's to fight for a first team place at Wigan and doesn't want to go on loan.

Turned us down, as well as Brentford, Rotherham and Leyton Orient.

Better that he's said no rather than come here reluctantly.

Archived