IGNORED

The Darts Thread

Big Red Rich

Wes Newton, once again freezes at the world champs. What was that ref up to last leg? Surely he must know the rules.

Absolute carnage, glad I resisted the urge to fall asleep as it was a belting game. Wes been getting upset on Twitter!

Wayne - any idea why the tournament is starting late this year?

Wes been getting upset on Twitter!

I remember him getting niggled by Justin Pipes peculiar style of play. Couldn't cope with the slow delivery of Pipe.

Admitted afterwards that he should have coped with it better. Now he's pissed off because he lost to a qualifier. Probably blamed the referee for not knowing the deciding leg rules.

nothing standing out for tonight

19:10 Andy Hamilton (12) (Eng) v Dave Richardson (Can)

20:15 Kim Viljanen (Fin) v Sascha Stein* (Ger)

21:00 Peter Wright (Sco) (5) v Gerwyn Price (Wal)

22:00 Phil Taylor (2) (Eng) v Jyhan Artut (Eng)

23:00 Stuart Kellett (32) (Eng) v Kim Viljanen/Sascha Stein

• Admin

Everyone of those matches, is head and shoulders above BT sports offering tonight........

Absolute carnage, glad I resisted the urge to fall asleep as it was a belting game. Wes been getting upset on Twitter!

Wayne - any idea why the tournament is starting late this year?

Don't know why started later, guess they like finishing on the Sunday so that's the 4th this year.

Is unusual, normally final 1st jan.

I remember him getting niggled by Justin Pipes peculiar style of play. Couldn't cope with the slow delivery of Pipe.

Admitted afterwards that he should have coped with it better. Now he's pissed off because he lost to a qualifier. Probably blamed the referee for not knowing the deciding leg rules.

Yeah he's been calling it a shambles numerous times. In fairness he has given Reyes a lot of credit for his performance

• Admin

Gerwyn Price is a tidy player, only knocked out by Mark Dudbridge at a tournament I held in weston earlier this year. At the time he also played rugby to a good standard, don't know if he still plays or not

Gerwyn Price is a tidy player, only knocked out by Mark Dudbridge at a tournament I held in weston earlier this year. At the time he also played rugby to a good standard, don't know if he still plays or not

Speaking of Dudbridge it's a shame neither him or Steve Brown are in the tournament this year, always look forward to their matches

In the early 80's I went to an exhibition night somewhere in Cheddar, there had been a competion in a few pubs, with a chance to win a chance to play Eric Bristow, it was a great night, he was fantastic with everyone, he wiped the floor with everyone who played him, he was chucking out with 3 doubles, scoring all around the board, toying with people, but all in a fun manner. With one exception, one of the county players played him and Bristow played a proper game, then shook the blokes hand and said, "I couldn't risk you beating me" he had time for everyone, photos, chatting and came across as a decent bloke.

I went to an exhibition with Bristow at the bower club probably 8 years ago.

He was playing the best players around the region and wiped the floor with everyone!

In the last game he checked out whilst using the other blokes darts whilst on his knees!!!

Reasons? Not saying i disagree mind..

Everything he says. Tonight he slates the guy playing wade for careless darts regardless of his upcoming throw - promptly checks out in two. He never won anything in the game and basically quit because he couldn't hack it

Marble does spout some rubbish. Personally I like Eric Bristow commentating. Very knowledgeable and comes across well.

He always sounds half cut but yeah he's really interesting to listen too.

Archived