IGNORED

Football League Show

hortonred

It has been said before but what a joke that programme is. Manish the prat that presents it focused on the Swindon win and hardly mentioned City.Also he brought up the fact that Swindon were playing 3-5-2, as if it was something no one had done.Then saying I think Bristol City play that system.I am getting on but they was a time when presenter's knew their subject. Now  lack of knowledge seems to be the main requirement.

To be fair, as much as I agree with you about his poor presenting skills, Swindon won 3-0 away from home again a side considered to cement a play off challenge; and it was their fifth win on the bounce.

Despite being top of the league, we're going to get extensive coverage every week, unfortunately.

It has been said before but what a joke that programme is. Manish the prat that presents it focused on the Swindon win and hardly mentioned City.

You sound like a spoilt child. Have a word with yourself!

It's the footy league show, not the Bristol City show. For the record I think we get plenty of mentions, probably cos manish used to live in Bristol.

It has been said before but what a joke that programme is. Manish the prat that presents it focused on the Swindon win and hardly mentioned City.Also he brought up the fact that Swindon were playing 3-5-2, as if it was something no one had done.Then saying I think Bristol City play that system.I am getting on but they was a time when presenter's knew their subject. Now  lack of knowledge seems to be the main requirement.

Grow up.  The Swindon result was the stand out one in the division, 3-0 away to promotion rivals; Preston/MK Dongs have more reason to think they should have had more coverage than Swindle, a match between teams who at the moment seem to be two of the four contenders for an automatic spot - amazed there wasn't more discussion about this.  And his 3-5-2 comment was fine, he said "I know Bristol City play it too", the only surprise is that Claridge didn't pick up and comment on the fact that the top two in the division play the same system which only works if you have the right players.

In a programme tight for time, a 1.0 win by the league leaders against average bottom half opposition is never going to get much comment unless something dramatic or spectacular happens - which it didn't.  I wouldn't watch next weeks programme if I were you, unless we lose or score 8.

Grow up. The Swindon result was the stand out one in the division, 3-0 away to promotion rivals; Preston/MK Dongs have more reason to think they should have had more coverage than Swindle, a match between teams who at the moment seem to be two of the four contenders for an automatic spot - amazed there wasn't more discussion about this. And his 3-5-2 comment was fine, he said "I know Bristol City play it too", the only surprise is that Claridge didn't pick up and comment on the fact that the top two in the division play the same system which only works if you have the right players.

In a programme tight for time, a 1.0 win by the league leaders against average bottom half opposition is never going to get much comment unless something dramatic or spectacular happens - which it didn't. I wouldn't watch next weeks programme if I were you, unless we lose or score 8.

Agree with that, although I did wonder whether the summariser actually watched Ayling's goal. "No time for finesse...sheer brute force..."

Seriously?!

FFS it's not all about City!!!!!!

828.gif

It's practically impossible to distribute fairly on The Football League Show. 72 sets of supporters all staying up to see a tiny bit of footage. Bristol City were the first L1 highlights show because you're top of the league - I'd be happy with that!

Claridge's comments wind most fans up. If he's not slating your side, he's giving you back-handed compliments or deeply patronising.

828.gif

It's practically impossible to distribute fairly on The Football League Show. 72 sets of supporters all staying up to see a tiny bit of footage. Bristol City were the first L1 highlights show because you're top of the league - I'd be happy with that!

Claridge's comments wind most fans up. If he's not slating your side, he's giving you back-handed compliments or deeply patronising.

I'm interested why you quoted Super's post, he's agreeing with you...

I think the Rovers fans could be right about their lack of coverage on that show though..... oh wait,...... 

On another positive note I was listening to the game at home yesterday due to sickness and actually found the commentary quite good, The one criticism I could have was that the commentator (didn't catch the name), got so obsessed by the "table as it stands currently", that when we scored he said Aylings goal lifted us back to the top of the table. He seemed to have forgotten that the places don't actually change during the game.

I think the Rovers fans could be right about their lack of coverage on that show though..... oh wait,...... 

On another positive note I was listening to the game at home yesterday due to sickness and actually found the commentary quite good, The one criticism I could have was that the commentator (didn't catch the name), got so obsessed by the "table as it stands currently", that when we scored he said Aylings goal lifted us back to the top of the table. He seemed to have forgotten that the places don't actually change during the game.

Yes,  but if you watch Soccer Saturday with Jeff Smelling,  they have a live table on all divisions,  that as the goals go in shows you the ups and downs etc.  I think this was what he was trying to copy, but only in City's case of course.

Yes,  but if you watch Soccer Saturday with Jeff Smelling,  they have a live table on all divisions,  that as the goals go in shows you the ups and downs etc.  I think this was what he was trying to copy, but only in City's case of course.

Fair enough, it's sort of fun to look at these things, especially towards the end of the season, i will be a little upset if someone says we didn't lead the table from August to May because we were overtaken until the 87th minute of a game! I prefer to think that Aylings goal kept us top. :)

@

God dammit, they showed us first from the league 1 coverage, that means we're the most important

L

If you want all coverage Bristol City, go on our website, twitter page, facebook page not a football league programme that has to somehow ram in 92 teams.. Get a grip will you?

92 teams?Pedants Ahoy!

Archived