IGNORED

Raphael Rossi Branco

Negan

• Admin

Heard a while back we were after a Swindon town defender and we had been talking to his agent about a move in January...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30130025

Anyone heard anything? Lee Power says "someone has got in his ear" have a very strong feeling this is the defender we were after...

Didn't realise we were in the market for another defender?

I did mention something in the bitchy Swindon thread about him turning his back on a new deal. Now it's been made official, he is supposed to be off, but don't know where.

I'll see if I can update on it some time soon.

He's on a shockingly low wage and that's why they needed to tie him down on a better, longer deal. Same with 1 or 2 other players - so you might well see them signing or leaving Swindon come January.

Of the players on a very low wage, there is a much better one to be had ;)

Though Branco might do us a job on the short run as he can also slot in central midfield.

Outside of Osborne and El Abd we're not drowning in centre back options, and this guy is young (and apparently cheap) so certainty wouldn't say no.

He's also part of a team competing with us up the top of the league, and it's not often the opportunity arises to snaffle players from direct competitiors.

And though it took him a while to settle, the last centre back we picked up from Swindon ended up a decent buy.

I'd not be disappointed if it was us talking with him.

• Admin

The more times I see Lee Power's name related to anything the more I detest the bloke

It seems like this guy possibly had ideas of moving on or getting an improved contract at Swindle, the Chairman has called his bluff by getting him ommitted from the team.

With maybe no contract offer on the table he has done a u-turn and now committed to signing an extension

The more times I see Lee Power's name related to anything the more I detest the bloke

It seems like this guy possibly had ideas of moving on or getting an improved contract at Swindle, the Chairman has called his bluff by getting him ommitted from the team.

With maybe no contract offer on the table he has done a u-turn and now committed to signing an extension

If you're referring to Branco and his wages, he does 'deserve' more whilst playing at L1 level. He's on a dire wage.

I noticed Gladwin has signed a new deal - he was on similar terms as Branco.

Now it will be interesting if the third player on VERY low wages either signs a deal or moves on in the new year. He's practically their (arguably) best player. One I'd definitely would say could make the grade a league higher.

Branco and Gladwin were brought in from Whitehawk and Marlow respectively. Gladwin was a removal guy before going pro. I doubt their measly football salary is a concern.

They were the rawest of the raw in terms of ability when they arrived. Sure, they had something but nothing close to where they are currently. It's a credit to Swindon Town's coaching staff for making them top half League One starters.

No Heywood? No Smith? :)

Nobody at Town misses Flint - senior players, youth players and fans alike...

Shaun Taylor? I still haven't got over that one.

Had high hopes for both of those Rich! Smith scored a beauty against NLBR in a pre season game, that was as good as it got. Heywood, jeeeeeez!

Interesting about Flint, not missed in what way?? One of my best mates is Swindon, he said at the time that he wasn't that bothered about AF going, only the fact it was to us. He can't believe how he's become such an important player for us this year

If Branco signs then Town only have Jake Reeves and Nathan Byrne as the only remaining out of contract players really worth keeping. Reeves has barely played and I believe that Town have an option to extend Byrne's.

Oh and Andy Williams who certainly isn't on a low wage.

Don't get me wrong, with the right players around him, Flint was often very good at Town and I've said that many times on OTIB. But he was prone to silly decisions etc. His goal contribution probably helped Town more than his defending. Perhaps I'm being harsh.

If you go up then you've got your money's worth with Flint.

If Branco signs then Town only have Jake Reeves and Nathan Byrne as the only remaining out of contract players really worth keeping. Reeves has barely played and I believe that Town have an option to extend Byrne's.

Oh and Andy Williams who certainly isn't on a low wage.

The player I'm on about isn't OOC this summer, but will most likely either sign a new deal or move on ASAP.

The player I'm on about isn't OOC this summer, but will most likely either sign a new deal or move on ASAP.

Go on, name him, I double dare you.

We'll lose OOC players next summer, sure, but our best contracted players will be on better wages than you suggest purely because most of them have signed extensions during the Town careers. We'd have never in a million years have kept Luongo, Foderingham, Kasim or even N. Thompson if they were getting the money you suggest. Agents wouldn't allow it.

Go on, name him, I double dare you.

We'll lose OOC players next summer, sure, but our best contracted players will be on better wages than you suggest purely because most of them have signed extensions during the Town careers. We'd have never in a million years have kept Luongo, Foderingham, Kasim or even N. Thompson if they were getting the money you suggest. Agents wouldn't allow it.

I don't doubt that as correct as I know that's incorrect :)

It's one of the players you mention at the end of your post. I don't doubt that agents wouldn't allow it, that's why I say he'll  either sign a new deal or go ASAP ;)

Don't get me wrong, with the right players around him, Flint was often very good at Town and I've said that many times on OTIB. But he was prone to silly decisions etc. His goal contribution probably helped Town more than his defending. Perhaps I'm being harsh.

Your judgement of Flinty will obviously be clouded because he went to City, that's understandable.

I think we will have got out money's worth if we don't. He took time in settling and had the misfortune to play in a side that clearly failed to fully understand SO'D's game plan - same as most of us fans.

He will have been our stand out defender ( obviously so far) and is looking every bit capable of Championship football. Where we are come May 2015 will not dictate money's worth of Flint.

Archived