IGNORED

Christmas Jumpers

Superjack

They are not funny. They are not quirky. They are not cool.

They are the December uniform of backward chav scum that only venture out with the intention of violence and destruction.

I know this. I have seen about twenty Christmases in the pub trade.

So please be aware of this when your office 'Christmas Party Organiser' brings forth this hilarious and original suggestion.

This is all. Thank you for your time.

Jumper anger is the worst type.

Not known for worthy of getting angry over but many people around the world are on death row after being offended by someone in a jumper they disapproved of.

The final straw is usually a sense if over riding superiority over the jumper or the person wearing it.

It's always worse at Christmas, these people require the help of professionals before they go on a murderous rampage, mot after

Jumper anger is the worst type.

Not known for worthy of getting angry over but many people around the world are on death row after being offended by someone in a jumper they disapproved of.

The final straw is usually a sense if over riding superiority over the jumper or the person wearing it.

It's always worse at Christmas, these people require the help of professionals before they go on a murderous rampage, mot after

Nowt wrong with a spot of irrational hatred, especially at Christmas.

I've hitherto been the same as you regarding Christmas jumpers, but this year I've decided to embrace the Christmas jumper and.... I still think they're awful, tasteless pieces of crap. However, that's nothing compared to my dislike of Christmas music! WHY DO WE PUT UP WITH AWFUL, TWEE, EAR-DESTROYING MUSIC JUST BECAUSE ITS CHRISTMAS?!?!?!

I like the pretty lights of Christmas, I have a simple tree which I consider tastefully decorated...but the day after Boxing Day (or thereabouts) I can't wait to pack it away again.

And btw, nothing looks sadder than a Christmas jumper a few days after Christmas. Leading up to Christmas is fine if the jumper is nice, but a no no afterwards.

They are the December uniform of backward chav scum that only venture out with the intention of violence and destruction.

So please be aware of this when your office 'Christmas Party Organiser' brings forth this hilarious and original suggestion.

Where do you stand on novelty ties?

Ho Ho Ho.

They'd be great for a mid week (bad taste) night game home/away in March/April time...

Imagine if everyone turned up for a pre-arranged laugh wearing their otherwise useless naff Christmas jumpers.

(with the 'singing section' doing a medley of 'Jingle Bells' 'Let it Snow' etc) ...

...mind you if no one else joined in you'd look a right tit all alone in yer Christmas pudding jumper!

A BAD TASTE middle of the year NIGHT OUT with a sizable bunch of Christmas Jumpered people might be a laugh too.

I've hitherto been the same as you regarding Christmas jumpers, but this year I've decided to embrace the Christmas jumper and.... I still think they're awful, tasteless pieces of crap. However, that's nothing compared to my dislike of Christmas music! WHY DO WE PUT UP WITH AWFUL, TWEE, EAR-DESTROYING MUSIC JUST BECAUSE ITS CHRISTMAS?!?!?!

Especially that dreadful Kirsty McCall / Pogues song; that we are continually told is the BEST Christmas song of all time !!??

Without even thinking about it, Greg Lake & Chris Rea are better than that crap .

Especially that dreadful Kirsty McCall / Pogues song; that we are continually told is the BEST Christmas song of all time !!??

Without even thinking about it, Greg Lake & Chris Rea are better than that crap .

Agree with Greg Lake but that Chris Rea song is awful.  Quite like the East 17 one but Jona Lewie's song is best for me - Along with Fairytale of New York.

My daughter bought me this jumper for Christmas last year - I think it's pretty quirky and cool!!

http://9rm52pnjcvdzcxx3.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Descendents-Ugly-Christmas-Sweater-photo.jpg

I noticed Motorhead are selling their own Christmas jumper this year too, all very sad when bands you respect (I include The Descendents here) start to sell out in quite such an obvious fashion.

I noticed Motorhead are selling their own Christmas jumper this year too, all very sad when bands you respect (I include The Descendents here) start to sell out in quite such an obvious fashion.

I'm not sure it is selling out.

Bands such as Lagwagon, NOFX, The Descendents and so forth have always included humour in what they do.  I think the christmas jumper is simply another example of this.

I'm not sure it is selling out.

Bands such as Lagwagon, NOFX, The Descendents and so forth have always included humour in what they do.  I think the christmas jumper is simply another example of this.

I can see that point of view, but they seem to charge an awful lot for a jumper that isn't going to be used a great deal and it just irks me a little. Christmas jumpers have only really become popular this year and maybe last. Prior to that they were the naffest of the naff and nobody would be wearing them, apart from the type of person that finds comedy ties hilarious, and I'm fairly certain they've not made a comeback yet.

It all just smacks of cashing in on the latest trends to me, and trends are one thing no self-respecting band should give a hoot about, or try to follow.

A few Christmases ago, my wife gave me some woollen monstrosity.

I wore it in public to get my own back, but to my surprise, a couple of 17 year old girls walking by stopped and declared "That is cool"!

I've taken to wearing it several times a year now!!

Archived