IGNORED

Milton Keynes Dons Away

Between heaven and hell

I realise this is still about six weeks away but I can see this being our biggest away league following of the season.

Not sure how many tickets we would get but I remember Wolves taking many thousands last year.

Out of interest has anyone been there by train because I was looking and it doesn't seem easy, two miles away with limited taxi's.

I realise this is still about six weeks away but I can see this being our biggest away league following of the season.

Not sure how many tickets we would get but I remember Wolves taking many thousands last year.

Out of interest has anyone been there by train because I was looking and it doesn't seem easy, two miles away with limited taxi's.

Went last year by train, albeit from Northampton. There is a Wetherspoons just up the road from the station, and there is a double decker which picks fans up from the pub and drops at the ground (or just round the corner anyway). I think the bus picks up after the game as well.

MK really IS a sh1thole and I for one wanted to return to Bristol.

I agree it will be well attended but any info on trains would be great from anyone who's been before.

Not sure what the best route would be, also which station there to disembark

People make the mistake of getting off off at MK itself then having to come back on themselves to get to the ground and its long walk/taxi journey. However there is a number of pubs in the Centre. 

Bletchley is the closer stop to the stadium and there is 3/4 pubs around the station however if they are away friendly I cannot help with but I would be very surprised if one wasn't. 

Forgive my ignorance, I'm American and new to this, but why would it be boycotted? I'm flying over for 10 days, and this is one the games I'll be able to attend.

A small financially troubled team called Wimbledon from SE London were bought out and moved across the country to Milton Keynes where they were rebranded as MK Dons.

A bit like some of the franchise stuff in the States where teams relocate from city to city. It's not common over here though where people are a bit more traditionalist when it comes to football, so it caused a lot of uproar.

I agree it will be well attended but any info on trains would be great from anyone who's been before.

Not sure what the best route would be, also which station there to disembark

Depends where you live.

Bristol to Paddington / Tube to Euston / Euston to Bletchley. Station very close to stadium.

Also similar for north east Somerset.

If you live Gloucester area go via Birmingham

A small financially troubled team called Wimbledon from SE London were bought out and moved across the country to Milton Keynes where they were rebranded as MK Dons.

A bit like some of the franchise stuff in the States where teams relocate from city to city. It's not common over here though where people are a bit more traditionalist when it comes to football, so it caused a lot of uproar.

Wimbledon (Merton) is very much South West London

Exactly... Why would you boycott what is potentially our biggest fixture of 2015?!? ******* assholes... You probably don't even go to home games so you won't be missed!!

Well I think fans who care about the true traditions and heritage of our game and despair about certain elements of modern football are NOT "******* assholes" - they are to be admired for boycotting certain events and standing up for institutions such as Wimbledon FC and they DO go to home games and they WILL be missed.

I despair more at the people who just go to the 'big' away games and condemn people who choose not to for very good reasons.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm American and new to this, but why would it be boycotted? I'm flying over for 10 days, and this is one the games I'll be able to attend.

In this country football clubs traditionally were, unofficially, protected assets of the borough/town/city that formed them.

MK Dons are the spawn of the opposite of that.

I thoroughly agree City fans should support City but I'll never go to MK.

*One of my best mates is a AFC Wimbledon (the re-formed original club) so I do feel quite strongly about this. Hope it never happens to us.

In this country football clubs traditionally were, unofficially, protected assets of the borough/town/city that formed them.

MK Dons are the spawn of the opposite of that.

I thoroughly agree City fans should support City but I'll never go to MK.

*One of my best mates is a AFC Wimbledon (the re-formed original club) so I do feel quite strongly about this. Hope it never happens to us.

So, do all clubs despise them so much and boycott them? Or is it just City fans? Upthread someone mentioned Wolves took 8000. 

Many fans still talk of boycotting this fixture.

Can't personally see it being our biggest away following

I will not give that club any of my money not after what they did

So no I won't be attend regardless of where city are, Rather go to carlise on a tuesday night

Many fans still talk of boycotting this fixture.

Can't personally see it being our biggest away following

No no, Mark. That was just last seasons excuse for some not to go.

Now we are top of the league, I doubt you'll find to many taking any moral high ground and missing out on this one.

Archived