IGNORED

Milton Keynes Dons Away

Between heaven and hell

No no, Mark. That was just last seasons excuse for some not to go.

Now we are top of the league, I doubt you'll find to many taking any moral high ground and missing out on this one.

I won't be going. S****horpe will have my hard earned in the new year, as Notts, Rochdale, Cov and Swindon have this season so far plus a couple of others.

Doesn't make me a better or worse fan, but I will stick by my traditional football values.

• Admin

Depends where you live.

Bristol to Paddington / Tube to Euston / Euston to Bletchley. Station very close to stadium.

Also similar for north east Somerset.

If you live Gloucester area go via Birmingham

From weston it's half hour quicker going via Birmingham, just a much more boring route

I respect people's morals on this subject, but I don't see why people don't see MK as another opposition in our mission to get promotion from this league. Think of them as just another team, and you're there to support Bristol City and that's what is most important. Do you think the 8000 wolves fans worried about that, no! They were just there to support their team. It would be such a shame if we don't have a large following for this game just because of a moral issue. Hopefully we don't, but what happens if we have them in the playoffs this year? Would you still not go? I'm in agreement that there are some aspects of modern football that are frustrating to deal with, but you just have to go with it.

This is about Bristol City not MK. What will you achieve by not going? You think that not going is going to increase the successes of AFC WImbledon? 

I respect people's morals on this subject, but I don't see why people don't see MK as another opposition in our mission to get promotion from this league. Think of them as just another team, and you're there to support Bristol City and that's what is most important. Do you think the 8000 wolves fans worried about that, no! They were just there to support their team. It would be such a shame if we don't have a large following for this game just because of a moral issue. Hopefully we don't, but what happens if we have them in the playoffs this year? Would you still not go? I'm in agreement that there are some aspects of modern football that are frustrating to deal with, but you just have to go with it.

This is about Bristol City not MK. What will you achieve by not going? You think that not going is going to increase the successes of AFC WImbledon? 

if we played them in the play-offs I still wouldn't go,

I may recosider when there chairman leaves but lean to not going even then,

Its a personal choice and I wouldn't make others follow it, in turn people need to respect those of us who have chosen not to give that vile club money,

Try telling Wimbledon fans to forget about it,

if we played them in the play-offs I still wouldn't go,

I may recosider when there chairman leaves but lean to not going even then,

Its a personal choice and I wouldn't make others follow it, in turn people need to respect those of us who have chosen not to give that vile club money,

Try telling Wimbledon fans to forget about it,

Fair enough, as you said people should respect decisions which ever side of this argument they are on.

I can understand Wimbledon fans will never forget or forgive something like that. But we are not Wimbledon fans, we are Bristol City!

I'll be there, and I hope there'll be at least another 3000+ with me.

Well I think fans who care about the true traditions and heritage of our game and despair about certain elements of modern football are NOT "******* assholes" - they are to be admired for boycotting certain events and standing up for institutions such as Wimbledon FC and they DO go to home games and they WILL be missed.

I despair more at the people who just go to the 'big' away games and condemn people who choose not to for very good reasons.

It's over... Life go's on, just get over it for god sake!!

Fair enough, as you said people should respect decisions which ever side of this argument they are on.

I can understand Wimbledon fans will never forget or forgive something like that. But we are not Wimbledon fans, we are Bristol City!

I'll be there, and I hope there'll be at least another 3000+ with me.

and fair play to you, I'd hope we take that sort of number to all away games but we don't and I fail to see why MK is more important then Crawley they both only reward you 3 points

Some of our supporters are laughable. FFS go and support OUR team.

pay for my ticket and I may consider it,

will all those at MK be going to Colchester and Orient?,

Why didn't these thousends not go to peterborough after all that was a top of the table clash,

Can understand the boycott, why fund the franchise. Could say the same about other clubs that haven't moved stadiums but have sold their 'souls' so to speak! 

Can understand why we didn't take thousands to Peterborough though, it was on Sky on a Friday night. 

Why didn't these thousends not go to peterborough after all that was a top of the table clash,

Friday night, further distance, and no it wasn't a top of the table clash they'd fallen out of the playoffs before we played them. Would've probably gone if it was on a Saturday though.

Troubled by this one.

Maybe it's a generation thing for those who saw it happening, but MK Dons are a club to be despised by anyone who saw how greed ripped a club from its fans. I've boycotted them many times for this reason.

HOWEVER, when the real Wimbledon were drawn there in the FA Cup, their fans DID go. Teh same moral debate for them, but they've got through it.

Maybe if I do go, it'd be like a night out where you go home with the bicycle, have a great romp, & you regret it in the morning.

Friday night, further distance, and no it wasn't a top of the table clash they'd fallen out of the playoffs before we played them. Would've probably gone if it was on a Saturday though.

I'm using it as an example,

Its the persons choice whether they want to go or not, calls of why? its in the past? support your team? its irrelevent, its down to the indivdual and personal prefence,

people saying its a top of the table clash I've given the peterborough example and others come up with excuses,

If people chose not to go to this game it doesn;t make them less of a fan, same with arm chair fans like Es, he isn't less of a fan because he doesn't go to ashton gate, he still supports the club and should be respected for that,

Now I don't go to many midweek games due to work commitments, that doesnt make me less of a fan then other season ticket holders,

I can understand your reason for not going and  although I do not agree respect your point of view. But your argument is getting a bit dodgy now.Beating promotion rivals is obviously of greater value that a team in the lower part of the table. It is also blindingly obvious why playing Posh on a Friday night is going to get less than a game on a Saturday. 

Troubled by this one.

Maybe it's a generation thing for those who saw it happening, but MK Dons are a club to be despised by anyone who saw how greed ripped a club from its fans. I've boycotted them many times for this reason.

HOWEVER, when the real Wimbledon were drawn there in the FA Cup, their fans DID go. Teh same moral debate for them, but they've got through it.

Maybe if I do go, it'd be like a night out where you go home with the bicycle, have a great romp, & you regret it in the morning.

I'd not considered that. Until now I was very much in the boycott camp, but I guess if Wimbledon fans can get over it then maybe so should we....

I'll not be going either way, but that's for personal reasons and nothing to do with the football.

I can understand your reason for not going and  although I do not agree respect your point of view. But your argument is getting a bit dodgy now.Beating promotion rivals is obviously of greater value that a team in the lower part of the table. It is also blindingly obvious why playing Posh on a Friday night is going to get less than a game on a Saturday. 

thats all I want,

People are using the promotion rival thing as a reason for people like me to go, I was pointing out that we didn't take that many to other promotion rivals this season,

It doesn't matter if they are rivals or not for me, the amount of fans we take doesn't mean we get extra points, we beat peterborough with about 300 there,

If the number of fans meant extra points then the gas would win the champions league every season :)

Depends where you live.

Bristol to Paddington / Tube to Euston / Euston to Bletchley. Station very close to stadium.

Also similar for north east Somerset.

If you live Gloucester area go via Birmingham

From weston it's half hour quicker going via Birmingham, just a much more boring route

Thanks both for your help, living close to Kemble I will go to this one via Gloucester.

I'd not considered that. Until now I was very much in the boycott camp, but I guess if Wimbledon fans can get over it then maybe so should we....

I'll not be going either way, but that's for personal reasons and nothing to do with the football.

Some Wimbledon fans went, many refused to. It's personal choice, slagging off fellow City fans who feel strongly about not going is piss poor in my book.

I'm using it as an example,

Its the persons choice whether they want to go or not, calls of why? its in the past? support your team? its irrelevent, its down to the indivdual and personal prefence,

people saying its a top of the table clash I've given the peterborough example and others come up with excuses,

If people chose not to go to this game it doesn;t make them less of a fan, same with arm chair fans like Es, he isn't less of a fan because he doesn't go to ashton gate, he still supports the club and should be respected for that,

Now I don't go to many midweek games due to work commitments, that doesnt make me less of a fan then other season ticket holders,

You've gone off on a bit of a tangent there mate, I never said it makes you or anyone else less of a fan for choosing not to go. Just a decision which I personally don't agree with but each to their own!

I felt a lot of sadness for the true Wimbledon supporters at the time of the move to MK. However the club could not viably continue given the low numbers of supporters attending the home games. Surprisingly, the noises made by the thousands of so-called fans (who never attended) after the move, gained national attention when it was all far too late.

In many respects, I would rather this happen to my team than has been inflicted on the fans of Cardiff, Hull, Leeds, Leyton Orient and others.

As others have said,its happened, nothing is going to change it, so get yourself there and support the boys. COYR.

Some Wimbledon fans went, many refused to. It's personal choice, slagging off fellow City fans who feel strongly about not going is piss poor in my book.

This is about supporting your team in a massive game. Get over it it's nothing to do with us.

I felt a lot of sadness for the true Wimbledon supporters at the time of the move to MK. However the club could not viably continue given the low numbers of supporters attending the home games. Surprisingly, the noises made by the thousands of so-called fans (who never attended) after the move, gained national attention when it was all far too late.

In many respects, I would rather this happen to my team than has been inflicted on the fans of Cardiff, Hull, Leeds, Leyton Orient and others.

As others have said,its happened, nothing is going to change it, so get yourself there and support the boys. COYR.

That's not true, the club could easily have continued, just maybe not as one of the big clubs. The way money has gone in football means a repeat of their FA Cup win by anybody ever again is unlikely, but at the same time they were getting crowds of 6-7,000 which is more than enough to sustain a football club, especially considering crowds have increased in general since then.

The franchising of the team and move to MK was not done for the benefit of Wimbledon FC, it was done purely and simply for greed, because the owners knew they would never make a profit where they were.

Were I a Wimbledon fan, I would have much preferred to be a club in League 2, as AFC Wimbledon now are, than what they ended up with which was an ugly mess that nobody wanted much to do with.

The trouble is people will forget over time and MK Dons will become an accepted part of the football scene in this country and only a few miserable old codgers will remember.

Nobody seems bothered these days that Arsenal did it 100+ years ago......

Archived