IGNORED

Lansdown Q&a Today

Lita For Congo

He also said that he came back from Africa last year to greated with delight at  a 2-2 draw at home to Orient, "for ****'s sake lads !" :shifty:

I wouldn't say it was delight. People were relieved that we had come from behind and played well against a team that were top of the league and had the same points tally as us currently, with three games less played. Just as people would have been relieved if we equalised against a team bottom of the league today.

I love SL and appreciate all he's done for the club but I really don't understand SL's dislike for SOD

He also said that he came back from Africa last year to greated with delight at a 2-2 draw at home to Orient, "for ****'s sake lads !" :shifty:

I remember that.

The fact people on here were overjoyed we had got a point at home showed how far we had fallen!!!

Good God that man was a sh1t manager for us!!!

Perhaps you would have had to have worked with him to have appreciated that.

At Tamworth after he had gone a lady (who shall remain nameless) who works for the club said to me he was "the most arrogant, dislikeable pr1ck that they had down the club in years" who was "pretty universally disliked" down at AG.

Since discovered SL was also one of them!

At Tamworth after he had gone a lady (who shall remain nameless) who works for the club said to me he was "the most arrogant, dislikeable pr1ck that they had down the club in years" who was "pretty universally disliked" down at AG.

Since discovered SL was also one of them!

Sorry but I'm confused -  are you talking about Colin Warnock or Tony Pulis?

Or does Sean O'D  just also match that description?

I wouldn't say it was delight. People were relieved that we had come from behind and played well against a team that were top of the league and had the same points tally as us currently, with three games less played. Just as people would have been relieved if we equalised against a team bottom of the league today.

I love SL and appreciate all he's done for the club but I really don't understand SL's dislike for SOD

Because SOD wasn't interested in striking up a close relationship with SL.

SC on the other hand thanks SL every month or so and after every new signing thanks him. SC is smart in that respect. Keep the top man happy and you'll stick around for a while.

SC on the other hand thanks SL every month or so and after every new signing thanks him. SC is smart in that respect. Keep the top man happy and you'll stick around for a while.

I think his departure was more to do with the fact that he hadn't struck up a close relationship with winning football matches when he was here.

If he was a highly successful, rude, arrogant, crotchety old get then he'd still be manager. 

Is it also not possible that Cotts. is a comparatively pleasant and straightforward individual who appreciates working for SL so his thanks are entirely genuine?

It's more like keep the fans happy and you'll stick around for a while, surely?

I'd say Cotts comes across quite arrogant. He loves the sound of his own voice and seems to have a high impression of himself.

I'm not having a pop at him. I like Cotts. Just saying for arguments sake in this thread that he actually comes across as a bit arrogant sometimes. Friendly chap though and 100 times better for us than sod!

Sometimes the truth hurts, and a very successful man outside of football doesn't want to hear how badly his Club is run, and that the manager doesn't want to become his friend.

Funny how SoD gets it in the neck, but SL has failed to work with many a manager we've had.

SoD didn't suffer fools gladly, and couldn't be bothered wasting his time with people within the Club, who he considered a waste of space and as to what benefit they gave the Club and to why they had been employed.

SC on the other hand, praises SL at every opportunity, especially after he knows he's annoyed him.

Sometimes the truth hurts, and a very successful man outside of football doesn't want to hear how badly his Club is run, and that the manager doesn't want to become his friend.

Funny how SoD gets it in the neck, but SL has failed to work with many a manager we've had.

SoD didn't suffer fools gladly, and couldn't be bothered wasting his time with people within the Club, who he considered a waste of space and as to what benefit they gave the Club and to why they had been employed.

SC on the other hand, praises SL at every opportunity, especially after he knows he's annoyed him.

You speak as if you're a close personal friend of the Wolverhampton Sniffer, Spud. I'm sure he'd appreciate your personal loyalty after all this time. Or maybe not.

I'd find it staggering if he found someone who financed this club, paid his and everyone else's salaries here and basically stopped the whole enterprise from joining the lengthening list who've gone bust "a waste of space". Shocking level of ignorance if so.

Ive befriended people within the club due to many reasons. One person was so glad when SOD left and Cotts came in, saying what a man manager he was, this is someone whose been around the club for many years, so this shout suprised me, considering GJ, John Ward and Wilson.

However, i spoke to someone of similar stature who couldnt sing SODs praise enough. He spoke so highly of his knowledge of football, which we all knew was brilliant and slated the board for not giving the funds too SOD that Cotts has enjoyed. 

Me personally, i know SOD had to reduce the wage bill, and i appreciate what a great coach he was, however, he was a massive stain on the history of this football club. He had a horrendous record and yes, he had to reduce the wage bill but Cotts current squad is tiny but packed full of quality. SOD failed too keep us in the championship and the last 6 games was a total disgrace. He then praised the blue few fans and slagged us off after the derby, then led us too bottom of the league.

On stats alone, SOD was one of, if not, the worst manager we have had in our entire history. I was happy when he left. The club was a horrendous and miserable place too be around and too support. Cotts was an odd choice too appoint at the time, but what a master stroke that has now become. The wheels may fall off before the season is out with Cotts, despite what positive things ive heard about him, but i do feel he is leading us in the right direction.

I don't think it would upset SteveL if he thought he wasn't particularly liked by a manager, but he has every right to be at least respected. When SoD was interviewed by the media, ok it wasn't the part of the job he seemed to like, he was representing our club, Steve Lansdown's club. That stupid question outburst was the final straw.

I'd say Cotts comes across quite arrogant. He loves the sound of his own voice and seems to have a high impression of himself.

I'm not having a pop at him. I like Cotts. Just saying for arguments sake in this thread that he actually comes across as a bit arrogant sometimes. Friendly chap though and 100 times better for us than sod!

I find he comes across with unbridled enthusiasm and passion. This could become counter-productive, of course.

If he were my boss I'd have to tell the man to chill out* but I don't find him arrogant.

*Kids, a tactic to be employed with extreme caution ;)

I believe Stu was the only one there. I'm sure he'll be along when he's got a chance :)

I was there for quite a bit of it.

He was asked about Ashton Vale and when it'd happen. He said the whole thing pissed him off quite a lot but that the stadium development was exciting and he didn't have much more on AV.

Said he has a great working relationship with Cotterill but tends to keep convos with him to minimum because he never gets a word in.

Said he wants to win the league. He isn't interested in second or the play offs but to win it.

Cotterill is the man to do that and if he and Burt have players they want in Jan then he'll back it.

He said he compares the uplift and feel good factor of the club now compared to when he came back last year from October to have staff celebrating a 2 all draw with Leyton Orient....

He said he realised then the club wasn't on course and it probably was a bit of a formality we changed managers not long after.

Think that celebrating of Orient draw was a wake up call for him.

Trying to think what else. Didn't say loads about the stadium this time.

In many ways, it hardly matters what Steve Lansdown says at these informal meetings with fans.

It does however speak volumes about him that he is prepared to meet up with supporters a couple or three times a year and have this type of contact. I doubt if there are many other Clubs where the major shareholder has such face to face discussions with fans.

Archived