IGNORED

Why The Panic?

Super

Concerning that SC seems to be joining the blame game; blaming the ref and good goalkeeping for our loss yesterday, (that's what goalkeepers are there for Steve) "we should have buried them even with ten men, once we got the pace of the game" well yes Steve probably right BUT its over other games have gone our way.

Crewe were battling for survival and we lost the game :dunno:  move on to Yeovil, who may also want the points on Friday we are going to have to want it more or we will get nothing then as well.

The battle for the championship will need us to battle against everyone nothing less than 100% effort will do.

Losing 3 out of 5 is a concern, I'm also concerned about Mk Dongs steamrolling every team in their site.

Don't be ,it can't go on .The Dongs are having a purple patch and fair play to them but we all know that the season is long with many twists and turns along the way .

It's the same for every team ,a sending off for the opposition ,a ref who supports you ... sorry was thinking of Crewe yesterday .

An injury ,transfer ,tiredness ... can all effect the way the team plays and the subsequent results .

We must concentrate on being better than the rest ,it's ours to lose .

Sticky patch for sure, but I'm not worrying too much.

Mk dons look favourites for the league imo. Swindle will fade...I'm sure about that. Think they peaked already. Just hope we can keep the rest at bay.

The great thing is we built that lead in the first place to use for this occurrence.

I think we will kick on again soon.

My one concern is goals. We have obviously tightened up at the back  but to the slight cost of fewer chances made. This means we have to be more clinical in front of goal and at the moment it ain't happening. This is one of the reasons we need to strengthen during Jan. If one of our strikers is having an off day we have very few alternatives.

Yes, on the run of play we COULD have done a "Dongs" yesterday, IF  we could have forced one of the chances over the line, they would have had to come out. They played like the away team, and you couldn't tell who had the ten men. The old proverbial " if it had been  a boxing match it would have been stopped" certainly applied yesterday. As much a travesty of a result as a travesty of a ref ! On to Yeovil.

Losing 3 out of 5 is a concern, I'm also concerned about Mk Dongs steamrolling every team in their site.

Most decent teams have periods over the 46 games where there're flying - like Dongs at the moment - and other periods when things go against them. That happened to us at Swindon and the pretty much the same thing happened at Crewe yesterday. Bad luck I call it.

I'm pretty sure Yeovil will arrive on Boxing Day and park the bus so I'm not expecting City to steamroll them and if it's still 0-0 with 10 mins to go I really hope the anxiety from the crowd doesn't reach the players. We're good at late goals remember? 3 points then will retain our top of the league position.

I dont think its panic just because some fans are worried by the recent set of results which havent been as good as earlier in the season.

Coupled with our closest rivals hitting consistent form at the moment and the large points gap we created now gone, i think fans are justified to voice the concers here - isnt that the point of a forum?

While I'm not panicking, I am concerned at the lack of goals.  Earlier in the season we couldn't stop scoring, now they seem to be difficult to come by. 

Yes, we are still making the chances - but we're not converting them.  League winners come from teams that score freely - currently, we're not doing that.

The stupid sendings off are also a concern.  We've had a couple of games now where our players' stupidity has cost the team. 

As I said, while there's no need to panic, Cotterill should be concerned and looking at ways to get back on track.

Of course it was very disappointing not come away from Crewe with anything and no-one would have predicted that result. That said, Swindon will be even more disappointed to have lost at HOME versus Donny especially as a point would have seen them go top. There will be many, many more surprise results along the way. We just need to be on the end of fewer than our challengers. Top at Xmas normally means automatic promotion. Why should this year be any different ?   

Top at Xmas normally means automatic promotion. Why should this year be any different ?   

Well, automatic promotion would be readily accepted, granted.  But it would REALLY be nice to go up as Champions.  To my knowledge, we have not won a league since 1955, 59 years ago!!

All our promotions since then have been as runners-up.  I would like to see us as League Champions in my lifetime, if that's possible.

Well, automatic promotion would be readily accepted, granted.  But it would REALLY be nice to go up as Champions.  To my knowledge, we have not won a league since 1955, 59 years ago!!

All our promotions since then have been as runners-up.  I would like to see us as League Champions in my lifetime, if that's possible.

No problem. You are planning on reaching the age of 168, I hope?

Concerning that SC seems to be joining the blame game; blaming the ref and good goalkeeping for our loss yesterday, (that's what goalkeepers are there for Steve) "we should have buried them even with ten men, once we got the pace of the game" well yes Steve probably right BUT its over other games have gone our way.

Crewe were battling for survival and we lost the game :dunno:  move on to Yeovil, who may also want the points on Friday we are going to have to want it more or we will get nothing then as well.

The battle for the championship will need us to battle against everyone nothing less than 100% effort will do.

It always makes me laugh when managers say things like 'well, their keeper chose today to put in a world class performance and you can't legislate for that...'

Or, 'if it wasn't for the saves their keeper made we'd have won that comfortably...'

As you rightly say sir, it's their job to stop the spherical piece of leather from going past them into the goal. That's what they are paid to do in life, that is their only job. And surprise surprise some of them are quite good at it!

Don't think it's quite panic, but when you start off like a steam train, to turn into a, er, pootling little local train does ring some alarm bells. Leyton O fired a warning last season, it's not impossible for that to happen again.

That said, this team have something about them and the manager too. We've been reeled in by the chasers (not the ones in Kingswood) and we need to rediscover early form, starting Friday.

No panic, but we've got to be on the ball: http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

No problem. You are planning on reaching the age of 168, I hope?

Well, technically, I have seen them as Champions, I guess - but in 1955, I was only 2 years old so didn't know much about it.  :P

But seriously, we've had a great first half of the season, and it would be icing on the top if we could hold out as Champions.

Sticky patch for sure, but I'm not worrying too much.

Mk dons look favourites for the league imo. Swindle will fade...I'm sure about that. Think they peaked already. Just hope we can keep the rest at bay.

The great thing is we built that lead in the first place to use for this occurrence.

I think we will kick on again soon.

the concern is-peterboro aside,we really havnt been at the races of late..bringing in a couple of the right type in january will i think be crucial or the wheels just may come off..pray offs to be avoided!!! 

Long way to go. I think MK Dons are a cut above and since they lost a close game to us, they have been smashing most teams.

It will be between us and Preston for the other spot and possibly Sheffield United. Not sure Swindon will last the distance myself.

Yesterday we weren't great but we had the chances to be comfortably clear even before the sending off. 

I don't see much panic.

I see entirely justifiable concern that both results and performances are not as consistent as they were earlier in the season, while our rivals appear to be improving and are closing the gap.

As I have said previously, congratulating ourselves on still being top of the table is not the way to stay there. Fortunately I would imagine Cotterill and his team share this view.

I don't see much panic.

I see entirely justifiable concern that both results and performances are not as consistent as they were earlier in the season, while our rivals appear to be improving and are closing the gap.

As I have said previously, congratulating ourselves on still being top of the table is not the way to stay there. Fortunately I would imagine Cotterill and his team share this view.

That's in a nutshell how I feel.

The previous 2 games we won 1-0.

One against non league Telford in the last min and the other against relegation threatened Crawley with a last min goal from a defender.

It's not blind panic but we are worryingly poor up front for quite a while now - the one game at Peterborough aside.

We've let quite a lead slip.

Archived