IGNORED

Unreserved Area - Singing Section - South Stand

WTMS

The Supporters Trust have asked via WTMS if any fans will be prepared to sit down in the New Year and help come up with a solution.

There appear to have been no takers, and there may be none from fans involved at the front of previous fan initiatives - Eastend.

Those interested in a unreserved area / singing section would be advised to get in touch with the Supporters Trust, and define your ideas sooner rather than later.

What are the old eastenders plans for next season and beyond?

Well the club are clear they'd rather them not be at a shiny new AG at all...plans are being gathered but it's unclear.

A question I made to the head of BS gave me an answer that was ironically utter BS. People want to make somewhere home again (unlike the current Williams) but BCFC and BS haven't even given it a thought.

What are the old eastenders plans for next season and beyond?

Short term some are already in the Dolman, and others are expected to be next season. This includes people who have argued a fans case in the past in front of Steve Lansdown and the FC.

Hence the advice not to leave the Supporters Trust short handed regarding discussions around the South stand. People will not get an unreserved area if they are not prepared to provide the Supporters Trust backing beyond a forum.

The Supporters Trust have asked via WTMS if any fans will be prepared to sit down in the New Year and help come up with a solution.

There appear to have been no takers, and there may be none from fans involved at the front of previous fan initiatives - Eastend.

Those interested in a unreserved area / singing section would be advised to get in touch with the Supporters Trust, and define your ideas sooner rather than later.

Maybe that's the issue.... fans should've been asked if they'd be prepared to stand up and help come up with a solution....  :whistle:

Hopefully the club will sort something out but if not there should be plenty of space for fans to create our own area.

I was part of the original 200 back in the eastend and it was great in there, as long as like minded fans can gather together there should still be a good atmosphere at the gate.

I'm sorry, but that is just imagined rubbish

Unreserved seating has been part of matchday for seasons, and as part of other stands intermittently beyond the EE. BS appear to have given a fact barely any thought at all.

If you had heard the head of BS at the recent consultation you may have a different view. His answer to one question was inexplicable unless he considered the topic one to be avoided.

Unreserved seating has been part of matchday for seasons, and as part of other stands intermittently beyond the EE. BS appear to have given a fact barely any thought at all.

If you had heard the head of BS at the recent consultation you may have a different view. His answer to one question was inexplicable unless he considered the topic one to be avoided.

They (Bristol Sport) have not handled the question of unreserved seating at all well, but the last thing I heard officially was that unreserved seating would be seriously considered once the building works are finished, which seems fair enough to me.

It's certainly a million miles away from "the club are clear they'd rather them not be at a shiny new AG at all".

They (Bristol Sport) have not handled the question of unreserved seating at all well, but the last thing I heard officially was that unreserved seating would be seriously considered once the building works are finished, which seems fair enough to me.

It's certainly a million miles away from "the club are clear they'd rather them not be at a shiny new AG at all".

As somebody who attended the recent official consultation I felt the reply by the head of BS to one question where he made reference to the centre circle was dismissive. There was no serious attempt to answer questions beyond maybe in "years".

As somebody who attended the recent official consultation I felt the reply by the head of BS to one question where he made reference to the centre circle was dismissive. There was no serious attempt to answer questions beyond maybe in "years".

I wasn't at the consultation, but a quote directly from the thread about the consultation, made at the time so you would think it was fresh in the memory...

"MG: Whole exercise to be looked at for unreserved seating, NOT ruled out for when rebuild is complete

MG: Happy for a working party to be set up to further discussions"

I believe MG to be Martin Griffiths

I'm surprised that any board with its finger on the pulse ...

a) wouldn't consider this properly in advance.

b) believes its fair to wait until after the building works are completed when it will probably transpire .... "what a shame, now that the building is complete we're not able to change things enough to make it viable/safe"

Let's wait and see.

I wasn't at the consultation, but a quote directly from the thread about the consultation, made at the time so you would think it was fresh in the memory...

"MG: Whole exercise to be looked at for unreserved seating, NOT ruled out for when rebuild is complete

Now go to the top of this thread and I quote..........

"The Supporters Trust have asked via WTMS if any fans will be prepared to sit down in the New Year and help come up with a solution.

There appear to have been no takers, and there may be none from fans involved at the front of previous fan initiatives - Eastend."

Actions, not words. 

I'll judge the club by actions.

The opportunity is there for the fans that have been/are pushing for unreserved / singing areas to communicate with the club.

Unfortunately, after all the said fans 'words', it appears from WTMS's post that they are not prepared to 'action'   

The reply at the consultation regarding the centre circle displayed a lack of understanding.

As somebody else has pointed out actions not words.

BS have looked at and removed a accepted part of matchday that has been part of Ashton Gate stretching back to the eighties - unreserved areas on seated stands.

Was this new arrangement mentioned at previous consultations with fans? Was it mentioned at Fans Parliament meetings? To the ST? At the open days?

The ST have got their work cut out.

The reply at the consultation regarding the centre circle displayed a lack of understanding.

As somebody else has pointed out actions not words.

BS have looked at and removed a accepted part of matchday that has been part of Ashton Gate stretching back to the eighties - unreserved areas on seated stands.

Was this new arrangement mentioned at previous consultations with fans? Was it mentioned at Fans Parliament meetings? To the ST? At the open days?

The ST have got their work cut out.

I have already stated that the club have handled the situation badly. What I took umbrage with, was somebody claiming that the club had made it clear that the people requesting unreserved seating aren't wanted at Ashton Gate. It's made up and verging on paranoia.

The unreserved seating issue will never be resolved to anybody's satisfaction if the people campaigning for it take a confrontational attitude with the club from the outset.

Now go to the top of this thread and I quote..........

"The Supporters Trust have asked via WTMS if any fans will be prepared to sit down in the New Year and help come up with a solution.

There appear to have been no takers, and there may be none from fans involved at the front of previous fan initiatives - Eastend."

The opportunity is there for the fans that have been/are pushing for unreserved / singing areas to communicate with the club.

Unfortunately, after all the said fans 'words', it appears from WTMS's post that they are not prepared to 'action'   

all mouth no trousers?

Unfortunately, after all the said fans 'words', it appears from WTMS's post that they are not prepared to

Well yes. There should be an opportunity for fans who want to use a unreserved / singing area in the South stand to discuss this with BS - BCFC. This would be logically best conducted via the Supporters Trust who have made suggestions on pricing regarding the South stand.

Fans on Otib have expressed an interest in the above. No unfortunately involved, supporters who are interested in frequenting other stands will do otherwise.

I have already stated that the club have handled the situation badly. What I took umbrage with, was somebody claiming that the club had made it clear that the people requesting unreserved seating aren't wanted at Ashton Gate. It's made up and verging on paranoia.

The unreserved seating issue will never be resolved to anybody's satisfaction if the people campaigning for it take a confrontational attitude with the club from the outset.

I can assure you it's clear.

Are you saying I have a lack of faith in the people at BS/BCFC? You would be 100% correct to assume so.

Maybe people will give it one last go, maybe others will decide we're pi55ing into a gale forced wind? Currently I'm in the former.

Regarding the ST, I'm not sure, it strikes me their ideas are maybe slightly different to what people want to achieve hence not contacting them to drive it forward.

• SC&T Board Members

I can assure you it's clear.

Are you saying I have a lack of faith in the people at BS/BCFC? You would be 100% correct to assume so.

Maybe people will give it one last go, maybe others will decide we're pi55ing into a gale forced wind? Currently I'm in the former.

Regarding the ST, I'm not sure, it strikes me their ideas are maybe slightly different to what people want to achieve hence not contacting them to drive it forward.

At this point, we have merely been asked to help bring together a group of interested fans to discuss unreserved seating / a singing section, which, of course we're happy to try to do.

We see our role in this very much as a faciltator of dialogue and are more than happy to take a back seat if others wish to take the lead in the discussions, so please do come forward if you want to help shape a future singing section / unreserved seating area at Ashton Gate. The opportunity is there.

As far as I am aware from Dave Lloyd, is that east enders have first choice in the south stand, that is 1,200 odd people. It has been suggested by some fans that we should take up the back rows of the new south stand so we will be able to stand and not block anyone's views. But since that was suggested it has gone all quiet again. I hoping to hear at least something from people involved with the fans parliament and supporters trusts, but we have heard nothing at all since this idea was first suggested. This would be a good starting point if they could push this forward and give us feed back.

• SC&T Board Members

@Kivsy: Yes it does fall into the remit of the Supporters Club (now Supporters Club & Trust) and the Fans' Parliament (now FAN) and the SC&T for one is very happy to represent fans' views in these discussions. However in order to do that to best effect, we do need fans to come forward to let us know what they would like us to ask for or to volunteer to participate directly in the proposed working group.

@Threshing Red: Yes, I put forward some ideas, which I offered as a starting point for further debate. Unfortunately, few - if any - other ideas were forthcoming. We are happy to put forward any ideas anyone would like to make and then feed back on those in due course. But we need concrete ideas first.

@Flaxbourton Red: Can't answer for the club on that, but as we are in the process of gathering ideas to put to them, how would you like the club to do that? Do you have any concrete ideas to put forward?

I've noticed elsewhere that for an area to be unreserved, they have to not sell 10% of the tickets. Just out of interest would people in that area be prepared to pay 10% more than elsewhere to make up for the shortfall?

My answer would be no. Simple. However regarding that excuse (which you are correct about) we have less capacity this season than we will for the entire redevelopment and yet the E blocks are unreserved and therefore I fail to see why this would need to be changed.

I am happy to pay the same as the rest of the ground for similar areas but not extra. I'm sure that for some it'd be a struggle to pay for too. Who knows maybe some would pay the difference but the principle doesn't sit right with me.

Archived