IGNORED

Bristol City Into Europe?

Dave L

Sounds like a really nice friendly inter fan competition...

Its great to see so many of our's showing interest in going...

Some are really keen,

-but thats understandable, after all its not often an opportunity like this come along, how often do we get the chance to legally kick lumps out of a bunch of Krauts & Frogs? ... :)

:laugh:... NB: only joking, ... Hope it happens and goes well for everyone, sounds good.

I hope you lot can arrange a team. It sounds like it will be good fun. Unfortunately for me my playing days are over due to several operations on the knees. It was a good offer by Dave Lloyd and the club to provide the kit. You should take this offer up and perhaps you could take the purple and lime kit with you to impress our foreign neighbours. Also you could try ask the club if they could provide you with training. Perhaps one of the ex players could be manager or something. Just a few suggestions anyway. Good luck to it!

I await the which train are we getting thread with interest, it ran for about 10 pages for Cardiff so I'm hoping for at least 3 figures for this European outpost.

Not too difficult; Eurostar St Pancras - Brussels then catch the connection to Cologne. Change for a train to Berlin and from there one heading East of Poland. Two days at the most (Moscow - Beijing is seven days).

Not too difficult; Eurostar St Pancras - Brussels then catch the connection to Cologne. Change for a train to Berlin and from there one heading East of Poland. Two days at the most (Moscow - Beijing is seven days).

That's the hard way!

The best is Bristol airport to Poland and then minibus or two (Coach1?) to pick up from Rzeszow airport in Poland and it's about 2 hrs drive into Lviv. The flights are  on Ryanair and is also a couple of hours and not expensive. Leave in the morning and be in Lviv late afternoon. I can certainly arrange cheap transport from Rzeszow with English speaking drivers to collect and take us back after the tournament. 

It's not an expensive trip overall although it's all relative if you're broke.

I'm happy to get involved with transport/accommodation/entertainment logistics but as I've supported BCFC all my life- I don't know much about football. I did out run Brett Pitman on a running machine at David Lloyd gym a couple of years ago but that doesn't really say much, does it?

If someone can put a team together- I can put the trip together.

I'm happy to help as much as possible organise this, don't know how we'd go about picking a team?

I assume we'd want to take 15 or so people so we have subs / injury cover?

Perhaps I can get in touch with Slavik through Facebook, see who has participated before and contact them to see how they arranged it before.

I'm amazed one of our "Fan" groups that apparently  represent us, of which there are lots, have not all ready offered to take up the running on this ......

There is loads of scope on this, first of you look for some local business to sponsor the team ( i would be amazed if Barr turned it down although not local  ), the club have said they can help with kit etc, then simply hold some trials, get the team together, book some rooms and women, and job done !

The local woman will be waiting your arrival at the local airport.

7213c303b52720f4b48635d75f0769f0.jpg

The local police will be on duty if you need any assistance.

policewomen-in-lviv-ukraine-47473f4d-892

The local train service looks very reasonable and very cheap priced too.

sightseeing-tourist-train-car-in-lviv-uk

Merry Christmas.

The local woman will be waiting your arrival at the local airport.

7213c303b52720f4b48635d75f0769f0.jpg

The local police will be on duty if you need any assistance.

policewomen-in-lviv-ukraine-47473f4d-892

The local train service looks very reasonable and very cheap priced too.

sightseeing-tourist-train-car-in-lviv-uk

Merry Christmas.

We have one of those in Tallinn as well and it runs all year,  even in deep snow. 

I heard those Poland into Ukraine or vice versa border posts were staggeringly slow to cross. Be ready for camping out or fly in from Vienna.

Wish i was in Europe.. I'd be a Fairclough type super sub. 

Will there be other teams from these shores? 32 clubs in total .. is that all of Europe or just from the UK?

I'm about the same age as Geoff Merrick (and I was nearly half as good!!) but carrying a tad too much timber now at 57   :facepalm:  :facepalm: .

My lad is up for this and he's decent.  Would need a bit of notice for a trial match as we're exiled Reds, but having worked in Poland, he has a nose for a good vodka!  

So, if anyone takes up the team organising mantle, give us a shout.

COYR

I heard those Poland into Ukraine or vice versa border posts were staggeringly slow to cross. Be ready for camping out or fly in from Vienna.

Wish i was in Europe.. I'd be a Fairclough type super sub. 

Will there be other teams from these shores? 32 clubs in total .. is that all of Europe or just from the UK?

They can be- the Ukrainians can buy cheaper goods in Poland ( like TVs etc) so many are doing 2-3 trips per day so the border control is slower particularly for locals- lots of customs on the Ukranian side. As a Brit, I crossed several times with no real wait. Mind you- there is a restaurant/cafe that sells beer on the crossing so time for refreshments!

Fly to Vienna and it'll be a lot more expensive whilst the onward flights from Vienna are too close for comfort to arrival time to ensure you catch it. Many of the flights are 14-22 hrs including wait times.

I've looked at it every way including driving and the best way is Bristol - Poland by plane. There are no direct flights to Lviv anywhere from UK.

They can be- the Ukrainians can buy cheaper goods in Poland ( like TVs etc) so many are doing 2-3 trips per day so the border control is slower particularly for locals- lots of customs on the Ukranian side. As a Brit, I crossed several times with no real wait. Mind you- there is a restaurant/cafe that sells beer on the crossing so time for refreshments!

Fly to Vienna and it'll be a lot more expensive whilst the onward flights from Vienna are too close for comfort to arrival time to ensure you catch it. Many of the flights are 14-22 hrs including wait times.

I've looked at it every way including driving and the best way is Bristol - Poland by plane. There are no direct flights to Lviv anywhere from UK.

So it would appear. I see Ryan Air fly from BRS to Milan Bergamo and Venice Treviso but there is no same day connection with Wizz Air which flies non stop from those two airports to Lviv.. still if anyone wants an overnight this is an option.. both airlines of course offer cheap round trips so it might make for a less tiring way to go; buses and border uncertainties can be a right pain.

Archived