IGNORED

A Chance To Try Something New....Joe Bryan injured...Williams Suspended (Merged)

Cider red

With Williams being sent off, Bryan out (possibly) and our slight dip in form over the last 10 games or so, this gives us the opportunity to try a slightly new formation, especially at home against one of the poorer sides in the league.

Fielding

Ayling                             Flint                            Osborne                           Cunningham

Smith

Elliot

Jet

Agard                                                                              Freeman

Wilbs

In that formation you could swap Jet and freeman and put bryan in if hes fit. I think it would give Yeovil a lot to think about and stop the rot in terms of only scoring 1 goal. Bit harsh on little but I feel Ayling is a more solidly defensive right back, which you would want with the attacking options. Thoughts?

Don't think we need to adapt our formation just because we've lost Williams, we have defensive cover.

Wholesale changes aren't the answer - we had a bad day at the office and need to move on and focus on the next game.

I agree. I wouldn't say what I've suggested is wholesale though. I would question whether we could play a back 3 without a left sided defender? Osborne isn't exactly pacey either.

..............................Fielding

Little............Ayling...............Flint........Cunningham/Bryan

....................Smith...............Pack

................................Elliott

Agard......................................................Freeman

............................Wilbraham

If Elliott also unfit, stick Wagstaff in the CM's

In effect Pack and Smith sitting further back cleaning up making up for 1 less defender than normal, with Smith roaming as he normally does as well, in effect also being a 451 with a V midfield.

With Williams being sent off, Bryan out (possibly) and our slight dip in form over the last 10 games or so, this gives us the opportunity to try a slightly new formation, especially at home against one of the poorer sides in the league.

Fielding

Ayling                             Flint                            Osborne                           Cunningham

Smith

Elliot

Jet

Agard                                                                              Freeman

Wilbs

In that formation you could swap Jet and freeman and put bryan in if hes fit. I think it would give Yeovil a lot to think about and stop the rot in terms of only scoring 1 goal. Bit harsh on little but I feel Ayling is a more solidly defensive right back, which you would want with the attacking options. Thoughts?

You would out leave possibly our best player so far this season just to accommodate JET sorry Little has got to start if fit

You would out leave possibly our best player so far this season just to accommodate JET sorry Little has got to start if fit

While I haven't been able to get to many games this season, i thought little looked very poor in one of them (tiredness) and put in good performances in the others but not performances that stood out as better than anyone else's

I've not seen any updates so maybe people know otherwise, but most of the suggested teams are showing Elliott, didn't he go off injured early in the match? Or is Pack the obvious replacement and we don't need to change too much? It looked like we were creatively lacking when both Bryan and Elliott were missing from the opinions I've read.

Would love for us to really go for it against Yeovil and play Freeman in the left wing-back role and start Jet in behind the two strikers... I'm sure Freeman could play that role well especially when we don't expect too much attacking from the opposition..

... I know lots have written Jet off, and it does seem likely that if we get any offers for him he will be going in Jan, but still like to see start in that role if Joe is not fit enough to take his place.

With a lot of games in a short space of time cotts wont change much probs just bring in Osbourne for Williams yeovil not the quickest of teams so should cope well bryan or cunningham will just have to drop slightly to help 

I agree with a few on here quick start with a couple of early goals and we should be ok if not could get nervy and johnson will be bringing out all the old timewasting tricks 

i expect fireworks on touchline 

With a lot of games in a short space of time cotts wont change much probs just bring in Osbourne for Williams yeovil not the quickest of teams so should cope well bryan or cunningham will just have to drop slightly to help 

I agree with a few on here quick start with a couple of early goals and we should be ok if not could get nervy and johnson will be bringing out all the old timewasting tricks 

i expect fireworks on touchline 

Wrong time of year.

That formation would lead us vulnerable to being over-run in midfield. No point messing around just to accomodate one loose cannon, the success has been built on organisation and team-work. We also have to be careful about treating opponents lightly, Yeovil are not a bad side away from home, and we should not be picking an unbalanced side full of attackers just because they are second bottom.

Osborne in for Williams and Cunningham in for Bryan.

The reason for a squad is to cope with injuries and suspensions; no need to panic and totally change everything around.

If anything, the Williams situation gives SC a good reason to 'rest' a player in advance of a very, very busy period.

Actually looking forward to see a few 'fringe' players come in and fight for a place; gives those in the shirts a little boot up the behind and irons out any complacency.

I guess it depends on whether Wade Elliot and Joe Bryan are fit, if both fit then I think he will play Cunningham. If one of them unfit then Cunningham and Kane(if fully recovered) if both unfit Cunningham, Kane and Pack.

Cant see him starting Osborne

Osborne in for Williams and Cunningham in for Bryan.

The reason for a squad is to cope with injuries and suspensions; no need to panic and totally change everything around.

If anything, the Williams situation gives SC a good reason to 'rest' a player in advance of a very, very busy period.

Actually looking forward to see a few 'fringe' players come in and fight for a place; gives those in the shirts a little boot up the behind and irons out any complacency.

It did cross my mind that perhaps Williams got sent off on purpose .Don't know the reason but it does seem a bit strange .

It did cross my mind that perhaps Williams got sent off on purpose .Don't know the reason but it does seem a bit strange .

Well, I doubt that was the case; am sure he'd have rather stayed on, and am certain the boss would have lost his rag completely if he thought Williams had done that.

Any road; Williams has basically given Osborne the opportunity to steal in and take his place, and am sure it will only help put the rest of the team on their toes.

Also, to those saying Osborne isn't as good a footballer as Williams, I'd say give him a chance; those times he's been employed as a full back he has shown a fair amount of buccaneering spirit.  realise he went off injured soon after, but remembering him getting his only goal for us at Brentford last season through some decent football.

Well, I doubt that was the case; am sure he'd have rather stayed on, and am certain the boss would have lost his rag completely if he thought Williams had done that.

Any road; Williams has basically given Osborne the opportunity to steal in and take his place, and am sure it will only help put the rest of the team on their toes.

Also, to those saying Osborne isn't as good a footballer as Williams, I'd say give him a chance; those times he's been employed as a full back he has shown a fair amount of buccaneering spirit. realise he went off injured soon after, but remembering him getting his only goal for us at Brentford last season through some decent football.

Cotts was mad at him .Normally in the aftermatch interview he's very protective of his players but he did n't hold back for Williams .

It's unlikely i know but it appeared to be a real schoolboy error for a professional .

Cotts was mad at him .Normally in the aftermatch interview he's very protective of his players but he did n't hold back for Williams .

It's unlikely i know but it appeared to be a real schoolboy error for a professional .

It was a stupid tackle, but I'd say that if he was looking to go off, also baring in mind we went on to lose too, then I'd expect he'll never play for us again.

Can't have players behaving like that.

Archived