IGNORED

Ched Evans

Real Red

He has been turned down twice for appeal with that info which says he's guilty

No he hasn't.

He's been turned down twice for appeal because, in those appeal judges minds, he was given a fair trial. That does not in any way shape manner or form mean those appeal judges did or did not agree with the verdict that the jury returned.

Television dramatisations of the legal system really have given the lay person a completely inaccruate understanding of the criminal legal system. Often you'll hear 'we'll appeal and get you out of here' or words to that effect. Wrong and it does not work like that.  You cannot appeal against a finding of fact by a jury based upon the evidence presented to them.

To be honest whether or not he did or didn't do it, if he wasn't a footballer then he would be encouraged to get back in to work and try to live a normal life. I'm also not sticking up for him because I do not know what happened but personally no one knows what happened exactly, apart from him, his mate and the girl. The girl could of lied for all we know, not saying she has but either of them could've lied just as much as the other. IF he hasn't done anything wrong, then why should he apologise for something he hasn't done? It would just scream guilty. Just think he might be being treated a little bit too harsh.

It was not circumstantial evidence that convicted him, not as if was a one and one and their was no other evidence for the court to convict him, so it really does seem 100% water tight conviction. So imagine then he is guilty, to show remorse would have been better for him and the woman he raped, remember the real damaged goods here is the victim, her life is in a mess, the supporters of Evans have seen to that, if he is a decent bloke he could have put an end to that, but instead he still wants to carry on his profession very much in the public eye.

She was left in that hotel room by those animals to fend for herself after being used, she was just a plaything for those out on a night, they didn't even have the decency to care for her after they used her, he showed no remorse then and shows none now, hope he suffers a good number of years on.     

But he firmly believes though he's not guilty, as he said in his video statement, the only thing he believes he has done wrong is cheat on his girlfriend, there is no doubt that what he's done is dirty and disgusting, jumping on a girl he's mates just finished with but apart from that he feels he's done nothing wrong.

In that case, he's going to keep trying to get a club.

The whole case and conviction seems iffy based on the information I've read and it's no surprise that he's challenging it down all the routes he can however there is no doubt a lot that isn't in the public domain and lets be fair the Redtops are only going to print a certain side to suit their agenda,

If you believe your not guilty of something especially rape....regardless of the rest of the world views, your going to challenge till the very end, any apologies to the victim are an admission of guilt....and he firmly has no guilt in his mind.

When you look at the info that has been leaked on twitter about the "victim" you can understand his point to a certain degree why he file unjust.

Note - This isn't me sticking up for him, but there is clearly more to this whole case than meets the eye.

What is in the public domain is the evidence the prosecution and defence presented in court, which presented a clear case through which a jury decided there was sufficient evidence that Ched Evans was guilty beyond resonable doubt and that there was not sufficient evidence that his friend was guilty beyond reasonable doubt (again it should be made clear that juries do not and cannot find people 'innocent' and we'll quite rightly never know whether the jury felt his friend had done anything wrong - just that they did not fee a case was proven).  Subsequent to the trial Evans has tried to appeal on points of law. The conclusion to this was that leave to appeal was refused because there was no new evidence, the jury was not misdirected and was given all the information they needed to come to the evidence they did.  All the information in the public domain - including the social media posts from the victim - have been considered during the legal process on the path towards reaching a verdict and rejecting the appeals. 

If there are things not in the public domain that would clear Evans, it is rather surprising he has not presented them in court or during the appeals process.

To be honest whether or not he did or didn't do it, if he wasn't a footballer then he would be encouraged to get back in to work and try to live a normal life. I'm also not sticking up for him because I do not know what happened but personally no one knows what happened exactly, apart from him, his mate and the girl. The girl could of lied for all we know, not saying she has but either of them could've lied just as much as the other. IF he hasn't done anything wrong, then why should he apologise for something he hasn't done? It would just scream guilty. Just think he might be being treated a little bit too harsh.

The girl couldn't have lied because she doesn't remember anything and it's important she did not initially accuse Evans or his friend of rape because she had no idea she had sex with them until they admitted it themselves.  It's also worth considering this was not a conviction based on her word vs Evans and his friend.  There was a host of other evidence that the jury felt suggested a rape had been committed.  Plus Evans and his friend's stories contradicted each other. 

We can never prove any crime with absolute certainty - only to 'beyond reasonable doubt' - but there is nothing I've seen that suggests this conviction is any less safe than any other beyond misinformation and distortion on Evans' own website.  Rape is an incredibly hard offence to prove at the best of times and the fact that a conviction was secured in this case shows how high threshold of evidence was.  

What is in the public domain is the evidence the prosecution and defence presented in court, which presented a clear case through which a jury decided there was sufficient evidence that Ched Evans was guilty beyond resonable doubt and that there was not sufficient evidence that his friend was guilty beyond reasonable doubt (again it should be made clear that juries do not and cannot find people 'innocent' and we'll quite rightly never know whether the jury felt his friend had done anything wrong - just that they did not fee a case was proven). Subsequent to the trial Evans has tried to appeal on points of law. The conclusion to this was that leave to appeal was refused because there was no new evidence, the jury was not misdirected and was given all the information they needed to come to the evidence they did. All the information in the public domain - including the social media posts from the victim - have been considered during the legal process on the path towards reaching a verdict and rejecting the appeals.

If there are things not in the public domain that would clear Evans, it is rather surprising he has not presented them in court or during the appeals process.

The girl couldn't have lied because she doesn't remember anything and it's important she did not initially accuse Evans or his friend of rape because she had no idea she had sex with them until they admitted it themselves. It's also worth considering this was not a conviction based on her word vs Evans and his friend. There was a host of other evidence that the jury felt suggested a rape had been committed. Plus Evans and his friend's stories contradicted each other.

We can never prove any crime with absolute certainty - only to 'beyond reasonable doubt' - but there is nothing I've seen that suggests this conviction is any less safe than any other beyond misinformation and distortion on Evans' own website. Rape is an incredibly hard offence to prove at the best of times and the fact that a conviction was secured in this case shows how high threshold of evidence was.

I have nothing further to say on the subject as its all covered here. Right on the money here pal, so much so I'm wondering why you're posting on here!

Just seen it reported that Evans has broken his silence and issued an apology (of sorts). ' I wholeheartedly apologise for the effects that night in Rhyl had on many people, not least the woman concerned'

No he hasn't.

He's been turned down twice for appeal because, in those appeal judges minds, he was given a fair trial. That does not in any way shape manner or form mean those appeal judges did or did not agree with the verdict that the jury returned.

Television dramatisations of the legal system really have given the lay person a completely inaccruate understanding of the criminal legal system. Often you'll hear 'we'll appeal and get you out of here' or words to that effect. Wrong and it does not work like that. You cannot appeal against a finding of fact by a jury based upon the evidence presented to them.

He was found guilty he has been turned down twice for appeal which you just agreed with therefore he is guilty full stop there are no ifs and butts he is guilty of rape

Just seen it reported that Evans has broken his silence and issued an apology (of sorts). ' I wholeheartedly apologise for the effects that night in Rhyl had on many people, not least the woman concerned'

If he would of released that statement when first released he may of had a bit easier time. To release it now makes it seem forced. I think he is just genuinely thick as a plank.

What is in the public domain is the evidence the prosecution and defence presented in court, which presented a clear case through which a jury decided there was sufficient evidence that Ched Evans was guilty beyond resonable doubt and that there was not sufficient evidence that his friend was guilty beyond reasonable doubt (again it should be made clear that juries do not and cannot find people 'innocent' and we'll quite rightly never know whether the jury felt his friend had done anything wrong - just that they did not fee a case was proven).  Subsequent to the trial Evans has tried to appeal on points of law. The conclusion to this was that leave to appeal was refused because there was no new evidence, the jury was not misdirected and was given all the information they needed to come to the evidence they did.  All the information in the public domain - including the social media posts from the victim - have been considered during the legal process on the path towards reaching a verdict and rejecting the appeals. 

The girl couldn't have lied because she doesn't remember anything and it's important she did not initially accuse Evans or his friend of rape because she had no idea she had sex with them until they admitted it themselves.  It's also worth considering this was not a conviction based on her word vs Evans and his friend.  There was a host of other evidence that the jury felt suggested a rape had been committed.  Plus Evans and his friend's stories contradicted each other. 

We can never prove any crime with absolute certainty - only to 'beyond reasonable doubt' - but there is nothing I've seen that suggests this conviction is any less safe than any other beyond misinformation and distortion on Evans' own website.  Rape is an incredibly hard offence to prove at the best of times and the fact that a conviction was secured in this case shows how high threshold of evidence was.  

Nailed it down here - pretty much puts all "but what I've seen (from my layman's perspective, based only on the stuff I can find online, despite having no way to verify any info as truth or propaganda, from either perspective) I think he's not guilty" comments down.

Strange how he couldn't do this until he missed out on a route back into football?

Stinks of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, I fear.

If he would of released that statement when first released he may of had a bit easier time. To release it now makes it seem forced. I think he is just genuinely thick as a plank.

It does smack of someone who the truth finally dawns on them...that he isn't going to get a new club very easily. The timing s very wrong on this. Thick as a plank and/or badly advised.

As for his crime he is still maintaining his innocence. I really believe he thinks if he says it over and over again he will think he is innocent and convince everybody else too.

Are the people that he says are in no way supporters of his now going to start arguing that they put just as much time, effort and money into supporting him as the people that don't go around making threats etc so they have every right to be called a true supporter?

The thing I find strange about this case is the support, especially financial support, Evans has received from his girlfriends millionaire father.

If he had been going out with my daughter he would have been shown the door as soon as the Rhyl incident came to light, whether he was guilty of rape or not.

And how can the girlfriend stand by him? Has she no pride?

It does smack of someone who the truth finally dawns on them...that he isn't going to get a new club very easily. The timing s very wrong on this. Thick as a plank and/or badly advised.

As for his crime he is still maintaining his innocence. I really believe he thinks if he says it over and over again he will think he is innocent and convince everybody else too.

Has worked on a good number of people on here, it looks like to me.

He left it long enough before condemning the website established to protest his innocence that it has poisoned the well of public opinion and knowledge, regardless of the truth of the matter.

The timing and wording of this speaks volumes to me about his character; confirms a lot of things in my own mind about him.

The fact that your immature comment was removed says that I was right, I was right also along with thankfully the many on here that though the deal should not happen, it has not, so there you go young fella you might put that down into another lesson learned from those that have helped you in your adolescence years.

I have never read such irrelevant bullsh1t in my entire life.

Get a hobby or something

He was found guilty he has been turned down twice for appeal which you just agreed with therefore he is guilty full stop there are no ifs and butts he is guilty of rape

The whole point I am making is the fact he has been turned down for appeal twice is a complete irrelevance and red-herring. That has nothing to do with whether it was a sound conviction, but whether the process that lead to conviction was sound.

He has been convicted of rape. I, you and everyone else must and should assume that he is guilty of rape, but I, you and everyone else, bar two individuals, do not know whether he is guilty of rape.

The thing I find strange about this case is the support, especially financial support, Evans has received from his girlfriends millionaire father.

If he had been going out with my daughter he would have been shown the door as soon as the Rhyl incident came to light, whether he was guilty of rape or not.

Quite. What does the girls father do, maybe he'd like to employ him? I understand he was going to pay Oldham any money lost due to sponsors dropping out, but that's a bit different to having him represent your company isn't it?

Fairly obvious why he chooses now to issue an apology. This piece of filth takes the piss.

Well he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't re this statement.

I think it, particularly the part about social media, is a step in the right direction.

Now at least this sorry story is on ice until his legal representations have been exhausted - after which he'll either return to football vindicated, or seek a coaching job in Kazakhstan or somewhere. Under a new name!

Now at least this sorry story is on ice until his legal representations have been exhausted - after which he'll either return to football vindicated, or seek a coaching job in Kazakhstan or somewhere. Under a new name!

Either that or maybe accept that his actions have cost him and chance of a privileged lifestyle on the proceeds of being a professional football and get a normal job. He'd have to start at the bottom I guess, probably on minimum wage, but you reap what you sow.....

Well he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't re this statement.

I think it, particularly the part about social media, is a step in the right direction.

Not until his licence is up; the offer from a Maltese club confirmed he couldn't go work abroad.

That said; the head coach of Kazakhstan once got fired on suspicion of fixing games for opposition teams, so perhaps they like criminals in charge of their teams.

Not until his licence is up; the offer from a Maltese club confirmed he couldn't go work abroad.

That said; the head coach of Kazakhstan once got fired on suspicion of fixing games for opposition teams, so perhaps they like criminals in charge of their teams.

I don't think he's going anywhere until the legal action is over.

I agree. Perhaps however, her and her family know the victim? They may have a different view on the situation if the "rumours" about the victim are correct

I agree. Perhaps however, her and her family know the victim? They may have a different view on the situation if the "rumours" about the victim are correct

Christ; seriously?!

This is possibly the most insane piece of speculation in pursuit of painting Evans as innocent as yet posted on this thread.

As of "rumours"; well, I head some guy spreading "rumours" the royal family are space lizards - nothing else to back them up, but; what the hell, I'll believe them.

You seem really, really keen to have Evans' actions (undisputed by him; I might add) not seen as criminal by any means; worrying.

Well I really have to say that Oldham FC have acted disgracefully in my opinion, it is almost as if they have perpetrated a cruel hoax on Evans, I have no sympathy for Evans whatsoever, but to string him along in the way they did is just unbelievable. They must have had an idea as to how this would pan out re the outcry from fans, media and sponsors but to go on giving him hope in the way that they have is plain cruel.

Archived