IGNORED

Survey For Disabled Supporters - Please Share

Dollymarie

Hi all,

I've had the following email which I will copy below, if you could share this as widely as possible, then that would be great.

The Department for Work (DWP) and Pensions and Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS) are carrying out a joint survey amongst disabled sports fans of facilities for disabled people at the sports venues that they attend.

There have been a number of articles in the media recently about the poor levels of access to sports stadia and other sporting venues for disabled spectators. As a first step to addressing this issue, we would like to ask for your input into a survey on access to sports stadia.

The Olympic Stadium at Stratford has shown everyone what can be achieved if accessibility is a key part of the planning and building process of a stadium to ensure that it is fully inclusive and accessible. We understand, however, that it would be unrealistic to expect every spectator sports stadium to reach these same standards. The limited resources of small clubs mean that they can often only achieve what is reasonable in terms of access and inclusion. Nevertheless, some small clubs will cater for their disabled supporters in a more inclusive and accessible way than some of the more wealthy clubs.

We would like to know from you who is setting the bar high in terms of access and who needs to raise their game. We would really welcome your views and experiences, and would appreciate it if you could complete the online survey.

Please feel free to pass this link onto anyone who you think would like to contribute.

The survey closes on 28 February 2015 so we would welcome your comments by that date.

We are also asking sports clubs about their current access arrangements and the barriers they face making their grounds inclusive and accessible. This information, together with the information we receive from you about the experiences of disabled spectators, will help us to learn more about the current situation and will help us to decide what steps should be taken to ensure that everyone can enjoy watching the sport of their choice.

Link to the survey is here

http://survey.dwp.gov.uk/index.php?sid=18657

Yes thank DM good to see the D.W.P. seeking a disabled view. Just a sham there wasn't a comments section. I have to say that the Club have always been very helpful to me with my mobility problems, just wish they'd put in an escalator or lift in the Dolman :laugh:.

Archived