IGNORED

Bristol Sport "disappointed" With Atmosphere At Ag

CyderInACan

I see on twitter that Andrew Billingham of BS was "disappointed" with the "poor atmosphere" a AG last night.

Seems a bit of a strong critique given only 1 and a bit stands were open to home supporters. Surely he could be more positive in encouraging the more vocal elements to get involved?

People in glass houses.... didn't see him suit off, tie around his head leading a chorus of 'que sera sera'. More likely he'd have chocked on his crustless cucumber sandwich,

People praise P'boro's chairman for being brutally honest, damn a guy who comments about a poor atmosphere seemingly because its our club....

Nothing of the sort. You pick and choose your battles. It was a stupid remark which serves no purpose.

If you cram people into unfamiliar seats surrounded by a mixture of gender and age you aren't going to get people up and singing are you. I also thought it was a bit flat for the first 30 minutes but put it down to people being in the wrong places. I imagine he was in his usual comfortable seat?

To be fair, the season we're having the atmosphere at AG has been poor myself included. We're waiting to be entertained it feels like.

There is much truth in this.

Last night with few away fans who were fairly quiet and only two stands open with some scrappy play- it did seem a bit flat. There was more atmos at the Coventry JPT when Atyeo was closed to home fans. It's pretty weird watching a match with no East End and an empty Dolman.

New stand beginning to look like a new stand.

What does he expect?. 7000 on a evening where there were massive issues with traffic, cold and possible snow in a replay against Donny FFS is a damn good show up in my opinion.

Hope he gets slated as slagging off your customer base isn't a good idea. Difference is we are fans who pay and earn the right to moan, doze, sing or make any noise when we want and should be applauded not critisised.

Very unprofessional and unhelpful and wont help with relations with BS.

Perhaps before the game kicked off, Mr Billingham should have walked down from his ivory tower and dealt with the 70 yard queue to collect tickets which had been purchased online or via the phone in the days leading up to the match. As a consequence of being unable to add the match onto my season ticket card online I had to join this queue at 7:30pm having rushed back through the snow from work in Oxford. Thus I missed the start of a game for the first time in 50+ years. Ironically, I could have bought a POTD ticket almost immediately.

I eventually took my seat for the first time ever in the Atyeo (I'm a long-term Dolman STH) on a night when the ground was just two-sided. I was freezing cold, wet and angry. No, I didn't feel much like shouting and bawling (at the team).

People in glass houses (and ivory towers) are unwise to start throwing stones, Mr Billingham.

By all accounts the atmosphere was pretty poor last night, the various reasons for it have been given above. He is justified in stating that; it was said in no so many words on the radio. Not sure why people have a go at him for saying it; he didn't have a go at the fans but just stated it was a 'poor' atmosphere. Could well just be expecting the fans to respond positively and loudly next time out. Also, the nature of his seat is of no relevance whatsoever. Maybe he shouldn't have said it but what he said was right.

Well having watched a few F A cup games on the box this season,I can only really say that the Wombles v Liverpool had any atmosphere,with others being watched in what seemed like complete silence.The old style atmosphere at football has sadly long gone,we are no worse than 90% of clubs in this country.

If he's upset about the poor atmosphere he should consider the reasons. It's bad enough with one end of the ground missing, so closing the Dolman was ridiculous. Add a few season ticket holders who didn't go because of the ticketing and people who didn't go because of previous POTD ticket problems and it's no surprise the atmosphere was poor.

Fair enough comment, imo. Although to be expected when only two stands are open.

Just goes to show how important the unreserved area in the new East End will be. I noticed how Doncaster announced that they've made an entire one of their stands unreserved seating from next season onwards.

Seeing as a member of one of the world's most famous boybands was in the Williams, I'm disappointed too. Surely he could've had a few Natches & belted out one of their "hits" with appropriate football related lyrics?

Surely he was in the away end..?

Seeing as a member of one of the world's most famous boybands was in the Williams, I'm disappointed too. Surely he could've had a few Natches & belted out one of their "hits" with appropriate football related lyrics?

What are these "boybands" of which you speak?

Archived