IGNORED

Bristol Sport "disappointed" With Atmosphere At Ag

CyderInACan

People praise P'boro's chairman for being brutally honest, damn a guy who comments about a poor atmosphere seemingly because its our club....

Major difference here is that Peterborough's chairman had just paid for the squad to go on a 'warm weather training camp' and so is more than entitled to say what he wants whilst this bloke is just an employee who can stick his opinion frankly.  What does he do anyway?  

Major difference here is that Peterborough's chairman had just paid for the squad to go on a 'warm weather training camp' and so is more than entitled to say what he wants whilst this bloke is just an employee who can stick his opinion frankly.  What does he do anyway?  

Same as all bosses,  DELEGATE!

can the lads sulking hiding there flags get them out now, it will be a start , how about the trust do a red and white night for jpt game / just a thought i want to see a colourful, loud ashton gate , if this bristol sport guy wants an atmosphere lets do this

The flags were linked to a pride in the stand we we're standing in, I find most of the E-block(s) cringeworthy and embarrassing other than the odd pockets of lads from the East end. I have no pride in the singing block and so will not mark that territory with flags.

Once the redevelopment is completed I'm sure people will give it one last go with flags and more unique singing/support but right now, it's just a stop gap and it feels that way. My flags will stay at home, others may wish to bring theirs, who knows.

I should just like to say a big Thank You to those 7,000 hardy souls who braved the awful weather last night (not to mention the horrible traffic conditions following the tragic death of a lady on the M32 motorway) in order to cheer us on to the 4th round of the FA cup.

Best Regards,

Andy.

thanks!

If he doesn't understand the reasons for the lack of atmosphere then he's obviously in the wrong job.

"Let us know any ideas". Give me strength.

What are the reasons then? Not being funny but if people want to sit in silence when we're top of the league and playing the best football we have in a decade, I'm not sure how blame can be directed to anyone other than ourselves.

He's spot on - atmosphere last night was shit.

Like it or not the only way there will be a decent atmosphere at AG in its current form is to move the singers to the other end of the williams next to the away fans and make it a bit more hostile.

There's a reason the atmosphere is always better generally when the likes of Rovers, milwall, leeds and cardiff are in town.

can the lads sulking hiding there flags get them out now, it will be  a  start , how about the trust do a red and white night for jpt game / just a thought I want to see a colourful, loud ashton gate , if this bristol sport guy wants an atmosphere ;lets do this.;

For years the attitude was lets attempt to change the mindset of the FC by multiplying effort. An idea backed by effort and money amongst others - http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news/article000652.shtml

After seven years of effort those ideas were deemed a failure. The big ideas no longer exist. If the culture of the FC changes maybe those ideas can be revisited. A line of questions has been posed recently to BS - BCFC, that cultural change appears to be some way off.

What are the reasons then? Not being funny but if people want to sit in silence when we're top of the league and playing the best football we have in a decade, I'm not sure how blame can be directed to anyone other than ourselves.

Lots of people don't want to sit in silence. Last season there were a thousand in the EE every game who made noise. This season over half of them are made to sit as the only area the club had capacity for such a large number was in front of a disabled section. Therefore the singing section is much smaller than last time!

I would echo what everyone else says - respond to his tweet:

https://twitter.com/BristolSportAB/status/555250672359452672?s=09.

So far hardly anyone has done it, if everyone responds with the normal ideas (large unreserved area, looser stewarding to allow standing etc) then he may get the idea! Sadly it appears he has already made his mind up as shown at the recent supporters consultation meetings.

I should just like to say a big Thank You to those 7,000 hardy souls who braved the awful weather last night (not to mention the horrible traffic conditions following the tragic death of a lady on the M32 motorway) in order to cheer us on to the 4th round of the FA cup.

Best Regards,

Andy.

PS/ And now we have the chance to host a Premiership club in the next round, and with a TV audience we can really put on a show. Lets get the Gate really rocking and show West Ham, who will be used to noise and atmosphere, that we are loud and proud here at Bristol City.

Crap opposition.

Crap weather.

A lack of love for the cup these days.

Busy schedule of games.

Disruption caused by construction.

Lack of spare cash after Christmas.

League a clear priority.

Losing not the end of the world. Promotion is everything this year.

With 2 stands closed everyone is facing an empty stand and doesn't have noise directed at them.

Need I go on?

He's not really made a good job of it, but he has a point.

The atmosphere has been dreadful.

Having one side of the stadium open and dispersing the noisiest contingent to the traditional library corner hasn't helped.

I sit in a usually quiet part of the Dolman, but I think this season has been fairly noisy and rambuctious, given the crowd constraints.

A new stadium with a successful team and a passionate manager, hosting big clubs, and we'll see noise levels rise dramatically.

Seeing as a member of one of the world's most famous boybands was in the Williams, I'm disappointed too. Surely he could've had a few Natches & belted out one of their "hits" with appropriate football related lyrics?

Cliff Richard was was here? .....

(never mind BS ... at least BCFC , Cotts, the players & fans are all moving nicely along in one direction.)

Get back into the Dolman blocks A & B best view, close to away fans and plenty of us willing to join in!

I have no insider knowledge but would hazard a guess that once home fans are out of the Atyeo (just my assumption based on away ticket allowances once redevelopment is complete) that the family areas will move to either side of the away supporters.

From what i gather this is how other clubs are trying to reduce the conflict between fans and of course this has already happened at the gate this season in the williams and atyeo stands not allowing fans to transfer into the blocks near to away fans.

If people are hoping for this to happen my own personal feeling is they will be disappointed and will need to look to somewhere else if not the south stand.

Crap opposition.

Crap weather.

Busy schedule of games.

League a clear priority.

With 2 stands closed everyone is facing an empty stand and doesn't have noise directed at them.

Need I go on?

reasons for all the other games?

reasons for all the other games?

I'll go. In the [not] sing when your winning section formerly loud chaps are no longer loud. Its all about that boffins Maslows hiarchy of needs. When you do not particulry like the new gaff that surounds you behavior changes. Different stand, different people = teensy weensy bit #### = Not as good.

Crap opposition.

Crap weather.

Busy schedule of games.

League a clear priority.

Need I go on?

I was actually talking about league games and not Tues in particular.

I agree with what he says to be fair, albeit the timing after Tuesday's game (at which an atmosphere was always going to be hard to come by due to external factors e.g traffic, two stands open etc) was poor. I also don't really understand why everyone on here is getting offended; the man just spoke the truth. Don't we all complain about politicians and the like never truly speaking their mind but rather just buttering us all up and endeavoring to offend as few people as possible. The club does need a good atmosphere from us to help make AG a 'fortress' which we just haven't provided this season despite being topn for the vast majority. Maybe this comment from him has been brewing for weeks and unfortunately has just chosen a bad game at which to say it with the conditions being how they were. Although it's true he may be being harsh about yesterday; the sentiment of what he's saying is true, this season the atmosphere has been a let down, especially of late. Just my take on it.

Could not agree more - we come up with a myriad of excuses and blame others yet fail to look at ourselves. We are all waiting for others to get us going. Not sure what the answer is though - would be a little better if we could get through more than 2 phrases before letting it disappear into the night. Also some theme song that naturally lends itself to a crowd of non singers. Sadly not my forte but wanting to join in - after all it is our team giving their all - we need to give them huge support.

I did not think the atmosphere was that bad Tues - not that much worse than most of the season.

But like others I was not really in the mood to make much noise...having had to make a two and a half hour roundtrip to pick up my son from school (usually half hour at most) I lost most of my voice muttering and shouting at the gridlock we were all in. Then to have to queue for far too long to get into a sh*t stand (sorry Dolman STH here) and sit on a sh*t, tiny wooden seat, and have loads of people walk and stand in front of me as they were forced to try and find their seat having queued for ages to either pick up a ticket or just get in - hardly put me, or anyone around me, in a good mood. Not having our usual crew of friends around me, having a sh*t view where most of the action took place along the length of whatever metal column happened to be nearest to me, did not endear me to the club. Seeing the Dolman empty and the lower Dolman covered, not removed, only made me miss my usual seat all the more.

Most of us do not get our own parking space, a nice stroll to our pre match hospitality suite, a nice wide, comfy seat, and a nice lounge to retire to at half time. Maybe if we all had that routine before a game we would be in better voice.

Archived