IGNORED

Unreserved Seating / Singing Section Survey hits new record - Please Complete (Merged)

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

Good survey. Really looking forward to seeing the results

Cheers - over 1,200 responses now. Shows how much this sort of thing means to people!

RedM, if you PM your details, I'll add you manually (I noticed myself about an hour ago that the sign-up box isn't working). Cheers!

Okay I thought I would try and be clever by reading all the questions without ticking the boxes first. I wanted to think about all the questions first properly. But when I got to the end I realised I cannot go back to the beginning and it says I have completed it!

P.S. Good survey by the way.

• SC&T Board Members

Okay I thought I would try and be clever by reading all the questions without ticking the boxes first. I wanted to think about all the questions first properly. But when I got to the end I realised I cannot go back to the beginning and it says I have completed it!

P.S. Good survey by the way.

If you have access to a second device, try from there. The block against duplicate entires is by IP address, so using a different device should let you complete it.

If you have access to a second device, try from there. The block against duplicate entires is by IP address, so using a different device should let you complete it.

Thanks I completed it now. Keeping me fingers crossed on this survey, it is probably our last chance to get it sorted if the club will listen. If not I might have to retire on an island somewhere.

• SC&T Board Members

Thanks I completed it now. Keeping me fingers crossed on this survey, it is probably our last chance to get it sorted if the club will listen. If not I might have to retire on an island somewhere.

Good stuff. Now over 1,500 responses.

• SC&T Board Members

Over 2,000 responses now received to the survey on unreserved seating, singing sections and more in just over two days.

Thanks to all who have already completed the survey. It remains open until the 29th, so if you've yet to have your say, please do:

Click here to take part in the survey

• SC&T Board Members

hope its not a case of survey, followed by meeting, ,followed  by club dragging its heels, meeting   hopefully they will be engaging of its customers ahem    fans !!

Hope so, too. With over 2,000 responses, you'd have to think they will take the results on board. Time will tell.

• Admin

I was disappointed with the set of answers to one of the questions.

Think the question was along the lines of "if an unreserved singing area was introduced to AG would you" a) Definitely get a ticket in there b) probably get a ticket in there c) probably get a ticket somewhere else d) definitely get a ticket somewhere else.

I am supportive of an unreserved area as I see the benefits this provides re: atmosphere & as such I would like to sit near to that area but  the closest answer I could go with was "probably get a ticket somewhere else" which makes it sound like I am UNsupportive of the concept.

It wasn't perfect, but probably the closest to it that any survey I've seen so far has come.

You don't have to want to sit in an unreserved area to be supportive of it.

Exactly this, my completed survey tried to reflect that.

I would not want to sit in and around the singers, that being said i have no problem with them singing and indeed agree that they do a good job and enhance the match day experience.

Im of the opinion that you buy a ticket you should be able ( within reason) to do what you like, hell i have someone by me that moans for 90 mins, but alas he has his ticket and there for is entitled to his opinion the fact he is vocal about it, although pissing me off, again is his right, and if a group of fans decide they want to sing all match, more power to them.

Cheers

Mark

• SC&T Board Members

Those are all good points and the way we will present the results will try to reflect that, e.g. that XX% of people who said they personally would not choose to occupy a singing section / area of unreserved seating themselves nevertheless indicated that they thought there ought to be one (in answer to Q5 / Q11) ... or vice versa, as the case may be.

All angles are covered, I hope.

Keep the responses coming: survey link

Think the question was along the lines of "if an unreserved singing area was introduced to AG would you" a) Definitely get a ticket in there b) probably get a ticket in there c) probably get a ticket somewhere else d) definitely get a ticket somewhere else.

In regards to this, the next question then asked about a slightly different scenario, and the answers were:

• Still definitely get a ticket in there
  • Still probably get a ticket in there
  • Still probably get a ticket somewhere else
  • Still definitely get a ticket somewhere else

The "still" suggests you can't change your answer, as otherwise it doesn't make sense...! Just semantics, really, but it was noticeable, and leads one to answer like for like as opposed to considering how the alternative scenario would change their actions.

Difficult to get perfect, mind, and it's a damn good effort. Good work all round.

Maybe it's been overlooked.

Dave has taken an interest in this thread - obviously - so this will act as a prompt.

Good survey BTW.

Its a sign of the times but back in the day people didn't need a designated singing stand, it just happened naturally and spontaneously. Less rules, in fact no rules.

• SC&T Board Members

Yeah, I suspect Dave is a little hamstrung in terms of being able to answer that question. It may well be that his superiors are unable to give him a satisfactory form of words to use. Not his fault.

Fans will, I'm sure, draw their own conclusions from the lack of an answer.

Maybe it's been overlooked.

Dave has taken an interest in this thread - obviously - so this will act as a prompt.

Good survey BTW.

Its a sign of the times but back in the day people didn't need a designated singing stand, it just happened naturally and spontaneously. Less rules, in fact no rules.

I think it's a sign of the times in that the times seem to include allocated seats whereas the places where it happened naturally and spontaneously were terraces where people went where they liked.

I think it's a sign of the times in that the times seem to include allocated seats whereas the places where it happened naturally and spontaneously were terraces where people went where they liked.

Yes, that's really my point.

Decide where the unreserved seating area will be, and that will become the "singing" area by default.

Or ideally more than one unreserved, like the old East End and Park Enders days.

Well the answer has been given.

1. I will be interested in the result of your survey.

2. There is a debate to be had about unreserved seating when the stadium is complete.

3. The idea of unreserved seating for next season is a non-starter.

It also transpires that the alleged 10% reduction imposed by the Safety at Sports Grounds Act isn't the case at all - so why say it is - but nevertheless it is likely to be Ashton Gate policy.

So the only issue for next season is will there be a "Singing" section.

Do the club not get it - the EastEnder types will run a mile from anything which is imposed on them.

"Are you a Singer? This way then."

It has to be spontaneous, not forced.

Just create a large unreserved area, no petty restrictions on size and number of flags and when they can be waved, and the rest sorts itself out.

Even if the building work restrictions on capacity mean that the club decides that it can't have unreserved places this year - whether or not any of us agree or disagree - perhaps they could consult on where the unreserved seating will be? Hopefully the questions in the (excellent overall) survey will help with this but some announced foresight would be valuable

I know if I chose a new place for sitting for the longer term and didn't want to be in an unreserved block, I wouldn't be too happy if my new 'home' became unreserved a year later... equally if I was interested in the singing areas, I would want to sit in the area and try to get that feeling going even with allocated seats. Its all about embracing the diversity of our fans' preferences and with the size of the redeveloped gate there should be space enough for all of us to find our niche

Archived