IGNORED

Why Do We Bother - Fuming

Forza Revolution

Don't go. I made my stand. I go to 4 or 5 away games now. Amazing how you do not miss it as much as you think you would. Probably because there is not much to miss anymore.

The fun left AG 10 years ago. Even back then it was dying on its arse.

Stop going. I have started having much more fun in life since I quit

Don't go. I made my stand. I go to 4 or 5 away games now. Amazing how you do not miss it as much as you think you would. Probably because there is not much to miss anymore.

The fun left AG 10 years ago. Even back then it was dying on its arse.

Stop going. I have started having much more fun in life since I quit

I may well. Might do the odd away game instead. Much more fun

Fun left for me when my S/T was taken away to make way for comfy seats and corporate bums.

We got those seats after our capitulation and fall from the Championship (Under Lenartson) and sales were very low but we stuck by the club.

For that loyalty we were offered our own seats at about 50% or more increase.... no thanks.

Before that I couldn't understand when any of my mates took a break from City for whatever reason , in my eyes City came first, but not now.

Now I pick and chose my games , and do the odd few away games.

I was thinking of getting a S/T again for next year but we'll wait and see.

I genuinely think that a lot of the decisions now, are in the best interest and with good intentions , but occasionally they miss the mark and this is one.

I can only think they thought it was a nice gesture or would add to the atmosphere , to my mind it does neither and suggests we are a small club doffing our cap to the mighty Prem teams thinking them for gracing our little backwater with their posh big city ways.

Oh , PS:  Against Modern Football 

Purchased on Tuesday, didn't arrive either, been advised I can collect it tomorrow. How kind of them . Paid for delivery and it doesn't take 4 days to send a ticket. I live in Lancashire, so was planning to leave at 9am to get to ground for 1pm. Now ideally so I don't have to queue for hours, I have to set off about 7am. not happy at all.

Why can't City work like any other ticketing company in the world where you can get an E Ticket and print it off ! It's not Rocket Science !

Don't bother go up to The Downs on a Saturday afternoon and it will be one less moaning 'supporter'

You have missed something. The opening poster clearly has bothered to attempt to make a difference unlike your contribution.

Bristol City and now Bristol Sport have a year on year record of poor performance off the pitch, including a core business i.e ticket sales.

Fans not highlighting poor performance, poor pr are displaying a form of apathy, an apathy that helps hold the club and its fans back.

You have missed something. The opening poster clearly has bothered to attempt to make a difference unlike your contribution.

Bristol City and now Bristol Sport have a year on year record of poor performance off the pitch, including a core business i.e ticket sales.

Fans not highlighting poor performance, poor pr are displaying a form of apathy, an apathy that helps hold the club and its fans back.

Why even bother trying to explain it to him. What some fans need to remember but seldom do is this....... If fans did stop going and stay away (up the downs) then that means less money for the club to spend on transfer and wages. The more fans the greater that amount of money. 

Sorry but you can't guarantee the post. You can't blame the club for the postman being late.

We ordered ours and it arrived in two days.

If you leave it late , then you must go down to collect it, as we have done before.

So many seem to go missing, it can't be coincidence. I always collect my ticket at the ground if we've a cup game but I'm lucky enough that I live nearby, many others aren't.

In fairness they aren't alone. I used to live in Liverpool and once went to Anfield with a Liverpool fan mate. Paid for delivery as I lived some distance fromn the ground and specified that my delivery address was different to the billing address connected to my card (my house in Bristol). A week later the day before the game no tickets and nobody answering the phone so I went down there and they printed off some new ones for me. I sent an email complaining about the non-postage and inconvenience (had to get a taxi to Anfield, very kind taxi driver and Liverpool fan let me off most of the fare out of embarassment at his club's ineptitude) and received an automated response saying that LFC allowed themselves ten days to answer emails. There was no reply at all but three weeks later a pair of tickets for a game that had happened 20-odd days ago arrived at my house in Bristol.

Has anyone experienced anything that inept from City? Oh and by the way, it was a shite game as well, a bore 1-0 win over the Baggies whilst Roy was in charge. I remember they also paraded Acquilani on the pitch at half time.

Having worked in a dispatch department you would be amazed how often royal mail screw up. I also remember receiving some tickets in a UKmail marked envelope.. frankly they are worse!

All it takes is for a bag of letters to be sorted incorrectly or misplaced and a couple of hundred city fans don't get their tickets it's unfortunate but it happens.

Also Bristol sport have tweeted saying there will be no bubble machine.

Agree with most of your post.But away games are usually a good day out.Good atmosphere , loads of singing, a few beers and a pie.I think MK Dons away should be a good day out and the lads need and deserve our support.They have been magnificent this  season.

And the open away end in a rainstorm and the dearth of pubs in some towns (Luton, I'm looking at you!) and the West Midlands Police Farce and the Heddlu...

Seriously, it was a good crack when I was younger. Don't have the stamina these days, but at least you didn't expect the home club to be on your side ;)

Getting a bit tired of the whole "rugby fans get priority over committed supporters / fans who pay on the day" argument.

You would never be able to pay on the day for a game as big as this, likewise many of our biggest games this season, so you will need to buy in advance anyway.

And if you need to buy in advance, you might as well buy a membership which pays back in four league games.

And if you have a membership, rugby fans don't have any higher priority than you.

And if you are that committed to the club, you will buy your tickets the second they become available, and you will get one easily.

This game was on sale until Friday before it sold out. Anyone who really wanted a ticket would have got one.

You lot love a moan don't you, sometimes makes me think how people actually get by day by day!! Just turn up earlier tomorrow get your ticket and enjoy the game!![/quote

But if you've purposely paid for postage a week ago so you didn't have to go to the ground early it's not being unreasonable to expect that ticket to turn up is it? Especially when I know of others who got theirs the next day.

Oh well, first world problems and all that and on the up side it means I've got a good excuse to get out of the house earlier which hopefully means getting to the pub earlier!

Yes I understand the fact you wanted them posted in sure the club will pay your postage money back! To be honest everyone should expect to head down there early anyway... So extra half hour or so won't harm anyone I'm sure!!

Doesn't that rather depend on how far you're travelling? Particularly if you're using what is laughingly called 'public transport' on a Sunday morning.

Archived