IGNORED

There Will Be No Bubbles! Bristol Sport.

cityexile

As will get lost in all the rest, thought it was worth posting this seperately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30906685

Positioning seems to be 'what are you all talking about, we know nothing, not happening'.

All makes sense other than Adams post confirming it. Rather than analyse to death, outcome is a good one, move on.

Well who would have thought, the Sun printing complete b******s. A few apologies from all those quickly slagging off Bristol Sport to follow presumably?

Oh come on. Head of Media confirmed it this morning and now they're saying oh no it couldn't work.

The fact they've done the U Turn is the important bit but you'd well to find many who believe every word of Billinghams statement.

Anyway now I can go back to looking forward to tomorrow.

Well who would have thought, the Sun printing complete b******s. A few apologies from all those quickly slagging off Bristol Sport to follow presumably?

Must say though, surprised West Ham had the cheek to ask in the first place.

I could post the tweets again if you want?

'Wrong specification' .... Like it .... Going back to The Apprentice comparison, looks like Phillipe bought the wrong skeleton or the wrong bubbles machine :-)

Sounds to me a massive bit of backtracking but well done Bristol Sport for recognising your balls up and put in place some corrective action.

COYRs

Must say though, surprised West Ham had the cheek to ask in the first place.

Not really just the sun tho was it. Bristol city's head of media confirmed it on social media!!

Why they'd even have to think about it is a mystery.

Oh come on. Head of Media confirmed it this morning and now they're saying oh no it couldn't work.

The fact they've done the U Turn is the important bit but you'd well to find many who believe every word of Billinghams statement.

And you'd do well to find many who believe a word the Sun ever prints, but for some reason people love to attack those running the club, even during the good times.

And you'd do well to find many who believe a word the Sun ever prints, but for some reason people love to attack those running the club, even during the good times.

Do you need it spelling out again. Head of media at bcfc confirmed it. The sun were not talking balls.

Here you go, from Adam Baker at 9:42 this morning.

@AdamBakerBCFC: @BobbyTutton @DoIIymarie the manager wants an atmosphere and was more than happy to grant permission for one bubble machine.

@AdamBakerBCFC: @BobbyTutton @DoIIymarie 12,000 scarves vs one bubble machine. I hope there will only be one winner there!!

So it wasn't just the Scum saying it. However I think (despite the "official" statement, ) that the club realised just how much this had backfired and changed their minds

So what about Adam Baker confirming it? This is nothing to do with The Sun, its conflicting and contradicting statements from club employees. Understand?

'Wrong specification' .... Like it .... Going back to The Apprentice comparison, looks like Phillipe bought the wrong skeleton or the wrong bubbles machine :-)

Sounds to me a massive bit of backtracking but well done Bristol Sport for recognising your balls up and put in place some corrective action.

COYRs

Loving your Apprentice comparisons, good old Felipe.

Who do they think they are kidding? Adam Baker pretty much confirmed it in a tweet earlier, and now they are saying that it was never happening? Quite clearly they had planned it and then changed their mind after the outrage on here and fear of national embarassment with the scarves on the pitch.

Ive got to say that this incident has made me quite proud to be a city fan. Unlike Cardiff and the gas who seem to roll over at this sort of thing, we have really shown that we arent a fanbase to be messed with and made a mockery of. Well done everybody. We've stopped this from happening!

Saturday, January 24th, 2015

an official request from West Ham earlier this week to bring their bubble machine to the game on Sunday.....

....This was then passed to the head of operations for Bristol Sport.....Late yesterday Bristol Sport confirmed that it had now received all the additional information that it requested on the specification of the bubble machine and would not be able to facilitate the request.

So did Bristol Sport dismiss the suggestion as absurd and tell West Ham to **** off?

No, they looked into it and decided that the bubble machine specification could not be facilitated.

This is the future, things like this will be happening on a regular basis.

So did Bristol Sport dismiss the suggestion as absurd and tell West Ham to **** off?No, they looked into it and decided that the bubble machine specification could not be facilitated.This is the future, things like this will be happening on a regular basis.

In fairness, its just corporate speak for 'sod off'.

Obviously some behind the scenes dramas going on, but its the right outcome.

Ah sorry, fair enough, I didn't read the whole of the rant thread as it was so long. Does all seem very odd, I still would have been amazed if it had happened, maybe some confusion within the club if I can still give them the benefit of the doubt?

But if it was agreed then nice to see them listening to the fans and making that U turn, even if it was a crazy decision to start with, though would have been even nicer if they'd been clean and admitted they had made a poor decision.

Anyway, enough of all this, looking forward to the game. :)

Hold on.  People have had every right to today. Their own employee admitted it. Is this so hard to understand?

I'm fully supportive of most things the Club are doing. There are things that are unacceptable though - the bubbles machine idea was idiotic, the ticket system is an absolute shambles - and they've had years to sort it out (indeed, it worked well once) and I hate blue anywhere near Ashton Gate.

Look at what happens at The Gas, Cardiff .... they just roll over and take whatever their Club does/says. Where does that get them? We need to shout out and complain, when necessary, to get action and ensure the Club's wider strategy accords with that of the fan base.

Part of the reason I'm proud of being a City fan is that we are not 'passive' supporters. We're passionate, we're 'doers'. At this critical stage in our history, where we could slide towards a plastic USA style franchise business or remain a football club of the fans, for the fans it's important to speak out ... even if it's a relatively minor issue as, in this case, a bubbles machine.

COYRs

Hold on.  People have had every right to today. Their own employee admitted it. Is this so hard to understand?

Yes, read up a few posts and you will see I apologised saying I had not seen the Adam Baker tweet.

I personally still feel it was a bit of an over reaction and people attack the club to quickly, but whatever...

Archived