IGNORED

There Will Be No Bubbles! Bristol Sport.

cityexile

Adam baker confirmed that Cotterill was happy for the bubble machine to come in. He never confirmed it was happening. It's not cotterill's decision. Cotterill is not the club or the board. The slating of the club and bristol sport is a joke. Slate the manager if you've got nothing better to do. I've never been more embarrassed to be a city fan. Not because of the club. Because of our fans.

I'm fully supportive of most things the Club are doing. There are things that are unacceptable though - the bubbles machine idea was idiotic, the ticket system is an absolute shambles - and they've had years to sort it out (indeed, it worked well once) and I hate blue anywhere near Ashton Gate.

Look at what happens at The Gas, Cardiff .... they just roll over and take whatever their Club does/says. Where does that get them? We need to shout out and complain, when necessary, to get action and ensure the Club's wider strategy accords with that of the fan base.

Part of the reason I'm proud of being a City fan is that we are not 'passive' supporters. We're passionate, we're 'doers'. At this critical stage in our history, where we could slide towards a plastic USA style franchise business or remain a football club of the fans, for the fans it's important to speak out ... even if it's a relatively minor issue as, in this case, a bubbles machine.

COYRs

Very good points. I think everyone is rather nervous as to how the whole Bristol Sport situation will evolve, personally I don't see it as a bad thing but we shall see. You're absolutely right about teams like Cardiff and its fantastic that everyone here makes their voices known. But also, I think compared to a lot of clubs we have an owner who genuinely listens to the supporters and cares about what we all want, okay maybe not as much as people would like at times and we're never all going to agree with everything the club does, but on the whole I think we have it a lot better than many supporters around the country.

I'm fully supportive of most things the Club are doing. There are things that are unacceptable though - the bubbles machine idea was idiotic, the ticket system is an absolute shambles - and they've had years to sort it out (indeed, it worked well once) and I hate blue anywhere near Ashton Gate.

Look at what happens at The Gas, Cardiff .... they just roll over and take whatever their Club does/says. Where does that get them? We need to shout out and complain, when necessary, to get action and ensure the Club's wider strategy accords with that of the fan base.

Part of the reason I'm proud of being a City fan is that we are not 'passive' supporters. We're passionate, we're 'doers'. At this critical stage in our history, where we could slide towards a plastic USA style franchise business or remain a football club of the fans, for the fans it's important to speak out ... even if it's a relatively minor issue as, in this case, a bubbles machine.

COYRs

You speak sense. Yes, this week it was 'only' a bubble machine, but we spoke out almost unanimously and it got heard and acted on. Let this be a learning curve for ALL parties. If we don't like something then we will say so. Listen to your customers.

People power has won the day.. that is the positive because the majority have had their wishes fulfilled. 

What the club perhaps could have done is ask the 'socila media' fanbase in the first place.

Who's fault is that then?

Personally.. i think RED AND WHITE bubbles would have been a bit of a laugh.. sort of like saying 'nobody OWNS bubbles.. especially not an East End football club and colouring them red and white would have been a rather smart tongue in cheek welcome to our opposition' Oh well.. most people can't seem to get that and the majority have won.. which, as i said, is good.

Adam baker confirmed that Cotterill was happy for the bubble machine to come in. He never confirmed it was happening. It's not cotterill's decision. Cotterill is not the club or the board. The slating of the club and bristol sport is a joke. Slate the manager if you've got nothing better to do. I've never been more embarrassed to be a city fan. Not because of the club. Because of our fans.

Do you not think that Adam Baker would have just clearly said its not happening if at that point he knew it wasn't happening rather than saying what he said.

The story was in a national newspaper very early this morning.

I'm surprised it took so long to deny something that was on the back page.

They could have killed the story dead this morning.

Got to be fair here to Bristol Sport, as I see many are having a go.

The evidence such as it exists, was after Adams tweet, their man was tweating pretty quickly words to the effect 'urr, do not think so...', twice.

Maybe the club had agreed it. Maybe not, but Adam thought his boss had, and he had no option to put a brave face on it.

Either way, the only comment from Bristol Sport was actually negative, and then, lo and behold, a device was found to stop it.

Heresay, but possible BS got this one right?

Do you not think that Adam Baker would have just clearly said its not happening if at that point he knew it wasn't happening rather than saying what he said.

He never said it was happening. He never confirmed it. Read his tweets. He's said that cotterill was happy for them to bring it. Nobody has slated cotterill. Adam Baker's job is to tell us what the manager and players say. He was simply doing that. The club and board and bristol sport have nothing to do with it. Just like if the manager made a racist or sexist comment. It wouldn't be the thoughts of the club.

If you read Adam Baker's Twitter bio, it says that it is his personal Twitter account and he tweets his views, not the views of Bristol City. for official Bristol City information follow the clubs Twitter account.

He never said it was happening. He never confirmed it. Read his tweets. He's said that cotterill was happy for them to bring it. Nobody has slated cotterill. Adam Baker's job is to tell us what the manager and players say. He was simply doing that. The club and board and bristol sport have nothing to do with it. Just like if the manager made a racist or sexist comment. It wouldn't be the thoughts of the club.

If you read Adam Baker's Twitter bio, it says that it is his personal Twitter account and he tweets his views, not the views of Bristol City. for official Bristol City information follow the clubs Twitter account.

Sorry, but that's irrelevant. Lots of people put that in their bio. He was asked a direct question about the club and gave an answer. It wasn't an "opinion" as such. 

The story was in a national newspaper very early this morning.

I'm surprised it took so long to deny something that was on the back page.

They could have killed the story dead this morning.

They probably didn't think they needed to comment. Just like they don't comment everything a paper says we are linked to a certain player when we are not. They've seen the massive over reaction from our fans and have decided to release a statement to calm everyone down.

Personally.. i think RED AND WHITE bubbles would have been a bit of a laugh.. sort of like saying 'nobody OWNS bubbles.. especially not an East End football club and colouring them red and white would have been a rather smart tongue in cheek welcome to our opposition' Oh well.. most people can't seem to get that and the majority have won.. which, as i said, is good.

I got it, but it's "absurd", apparently  ;)  :shifty:

He never said it was happening. He never confirmed it. Read his tweets. He's said that cotterill was happy for them to bring it.

Come on, are you a lawyer or something?

He also said it was a bubble machine versus 12,000 scarves.

If he was aware that it wasn't actually happening, he would have said so.

Got nothing against Adam Baker though, he was just stating the facts.

Sorry, but that's irrelevant. Lots of people put that in their bio. He was asked a direct question about the club and gave an answer. It wasn't an "opinion" as such.

Correct. He tweeted that cotterill was happy for them to bring the machine to add to the atmosphere (nobody is angry about the fact the gaffer has said this because he can do no wrong). Adam has delivered this information to the fans via his personal Twitter and everyone has attacked the club, board, Bristol sport and andrew billingham. The club has never confirmed or denied that it was happening.

Correct. He tweeted that cotterill was happy for them to bring the machine to add to the atmosphere (nobody is angry about the fact the gaffer has said this because he can do no wrong). Adam has delivered this information to the fans via his personal Twitter and everyone has attacked the club, board, Bristol sport and andrew billingham. The club has never confirmed or denied that it was happening.

The very reason he has that in his bio is so he can tweet more personal things away from his work. It would be; for example, he tweeted he was voting a certain way in May it makes sure people know the difference between personal/professional tweets.

I don't think that applies here - he was asked a question which he answered saying it was possible. Poorly worded tweet or not, it is as good as the official club line as he is a respected long standing employee.

IF SC said he wanted it to go ahead, that would be a shame. I am very sceptical about that and suspect he was asked a loaded question if anything. He's been around football long enough to understand fans. Bristol Sport have a bit of previous with us remember; images of the stand taking ages, the new "home end", those badly worded tweets about atmosphere.. People don't give them the benefit of the doubt and rightly so. 7187ebc606f3c953e4b42bd0bb1b87aa.jpg

Edited due to incorrect wording in original tweet

The very reason he has that in his bio is so he can tweet more personal things away from his work. It would be; for example, he tweeted he was voting a certain way in May it makes sure people know the difference between personal/professional tweets.

I don't think that applies here - he was asked a question which he answered saying it WAS happening as sc granted permission. Poorly worded tweet or not, it is as good as the official club line as he is a respected long standing employee.

IF SC said he wanted it to go ahead, that would be a shame. I am very sceptical about that and suspect he was asked a loaded question if anything. He's been around football long enough to understand fans. Bristol Sport have a bit of previous with us remember; images of the stand, safe standing, those badly worded tweets about atmosphere.. People don't give them the benefit of the doubt and rightly so. 7187ebc606f3c953e4b42bd0bb1b87aa.jpg

No he didn't say whether it was or wasn't, he said the manager wants an atmosphere and was happy to grant permission, as im sure you will know, having permission for something to happen doesn't mean it will.

No he didn't say whether it was or wasn't, he said the manager wants an atmosphere and was happy to grant permission, as im sure you will know, having permission for something to happen doesn't mean it will.

That's true - didn't word what I meant well enough. 

Point remains though, people see that tweet and then the contradicting Bristol Sport statement.

Jambo - you're well off track here mate.

The clubs head of media said it was true. Don't pretend he didn't by dissecting his tweet to netherdom.

Yes, the right decision has ultimately been made, so well done to the club for listening, but there are huge concerns for the majority of fans that we'd allowed this situation in the first place.

1. Who the fluck do West Ham think they are asking if they can bring their machine?? Do they ask every opponent?

2. Why did we even consider it. We took it away, referred it around, and finally after 3 days told them it was the wrong spec. Jeez!!

The bristol sport statement is a backtracking. Just wish they'd be honest with us because we are all happy that they made the right decision in the end. Just be honest about how you got there please.

That's true - didn't word what I meant well enough. 

Point remains though, people see that tweet and then the contradicting Bristol Sport statement.

but the statements aren't contradictory at all, they both say the same thing, the problem is that Adams tweet was seen without full context around it.

Didn't we use to bang out this old number a few years back?

I'm forever blowing bubbles

Pretty bubbles in the air

They fly so high

Nearly reach the sky

Like West Ham they fade and die

Tottenham's always running

Arsenal's running too

We are the East End boot boys

Running after you

CITY ... CITY ...

:chant6ez:

Archived