IGNORED

There Will Be No Bubbles! Bristol Sport.

cityexile

I've been out all day so this is the first chance I've had to respond. There's obviously been some unfortunate confusion which has obviously livened up everybody's day no end :-), but nobody at Bristol Sport ever thought this was going to happen. Hopefully we can now focus on beating West Ham, getting to Wembley in the JPT and winning the league.

I've been out all day so this is the first chance I've had to respond. There's obviously been some unfortunate confusion which has obviously livened up everybody's day no end :-), but nobody at Bristol Sport ever thought this was going to happen. Hopefully we can now focus on beating West Ham, getting to Wembley in the JPT and winning the league.

You missed all the fun then Dave.

But your comment doesn't square up with Adam Baker's tweets and Bristol Sport's statement:

"Late yesterday Bristol Sport confirmed that it had now received all the additional information that it requested on the specification of the bubble machine and would not be able to facilitate the request."

If they requested additional information, they must have been considering it, at the very least.

And you'd do well to find many who believe a word the Sun ever prints, but for some reason people love to attack those running the club, even during the good times.

So Adam baker didn't confirm it then? Perhaps as head of comms he should have kept quiet or debunked the rumour early on??

Dave .. probably best to read this afternoon's Club's internal staff memo marked 'keep on message' before you comment further on this!

Anyhow's onwards and upwards. COYRs.

You missed all the fun then Dave.But your comment doesn't square up with Adam Baker's tweets and Bristol Sport's statement:"Late yesterday Bristol Sport confirmed that it had now received all the additional information that it requested on the specification of the bubble machine and would not be able to facilitate the request."If they requested additional information, they must have been considering it, at the very least.

I have considered trying to go to the moon, that doenst mean it think it will happen

Who do they think they are kidding? Adam Baker pretty much confirmed it in a tweet earlier, and now they are saying that it was never happening? Quite clearly they had planned it and then changed their mind after the outrage on here and fear of national embarassment with the scarves on the pitch.

Ive got to say that this incident has made me quite proud to be a city fan. Unlike Cardiff and the gas who seem to roll over at this sort of thing, we have really shown that we arent a fanbase to be messed with and made a mockery of. Well done everybody. We've stopped this from happening!

Agreed,our fan base is far from a soft touch,we won't put up with this sort of shite..ever.

Dave.. I just don't think that's true.  Whilst you may have had no personal input, as others have said, tweets from Adam and the official statement suggest it WAS being explored and was very possible at one stage. Is the club's official response to deny it? We aren't idiots - it would look much better if the club just came out and admitted they made a cock up rather than deny all responsibility.

I have considered trying to go to the moon, that doenst mean it think it will happen

No, but Bristol Sport requested further information which clearly means they thought the bubbles could, which contradicts Dave's comment that nobody at Bristol Sport thought it would.

It would be nice if the club/Bristol Sport whatever didn't treat the fans like idiots.

So Adam baker didn't confirm it then? Perhaps as head of comms he should have kept quiet or debunked the rumour early on??

If you're going to reply to the first post I've made in the thread, could you read my subsequent posts first. I've since acknowledged that I hadn't seen that particular tweet at the time of posting, but people still like to correct me.

If you're going to reply to the first post I've made in the thread, could you read my subsequent posts first. I've since acknowledged that I hadn't seen that particular tweet at the time of posting, but people still like to correct me.

you didnt need correcting in the first place, the tweets don't actually say there will be a bubble machine, but this is otib and facts aren't important when there is a chance to moan

Ahhh.  It's this kind of message from BCFC that REALLY gets my goat.

Jeez - we're not focussing on beating West Ham, getting to Wembley and winning the league.

We are focussing on winning the FA Cup, getting to Wembley (twice) and winning the league.

Please sort the communications out.  :P

No, but Bristol Sport requested further information which clearly means they thought the bubbles could, which contradicts Dave's comment that nobody at Bristol Sport thought it would.

It would be nice if the club/Bristol Sport whatever didn't treat the fans like idiots.

This whole debacle give me hope that my personal account manager is finally going to get back to me about my food vouchers.

would you like to borrow a brush for that!!!!

Worryingly, had the specification for the bubble machine been to Bristol Sport's satisfaction this could have happened.

It should be inconceivable that a thread discussing West Ham potentially bringing their ducking bubble machine to Ashton Gate could ever exist. The fact that it does makes me cringe and along with the scarves I think someone needs to have a word.

Worryingly, had the specification for the bubble machine been to Bristol Sport's satisfaction this could have happened.

It should be inconceivable that a thread discussing West Ham potentially bringing their ducking bubble machine to Ashton Gate could ever exist. The fact that it does makes me cringe and along with the scarves I think someone needs to have a word.

I think you need to read between the lines here. Any machine that made bubbles was not going to 'meet the specification', in the end.

I think you need to read between the lines here. Any machine that made bubbles was not going to 'meet the specification', in the end.

Fair point, but wouldn't you rather the Club came out and said at they'd rather not give any kind of home comfort to the away team and that bringing their bubble machine was never a consideration and not the thoroughly diplomatic and vague reponse that has now proved divisive amongst fans on the eve of the match?

If I had been in charge I would simply have told the cheeky ***** to **** off.

Read a lot on this so I'm going to go all Jekyll & Hyde on you fellow OTIB-ers

Point 1

It has gradually riled me, the story annoyed me but following the decision(/u-turn/outcome of spec tests) it's the desperation for our fans to be angry at someone in the club that's making my blood boil.

I see it as thus -

1. West Ham asked to bring bubble machine, lower league team, in the cup, their fans are disillusioned because of the lower ticket allowance

2. Cotterill was probably asked does it bother him by the club, he said no

3. Club had no idea it would provoke such a reaction, Adam Baker tweets facts as he knows them - had there not been an uproar there would not have been any issue with these tweets

4. Club perhaps waited to see what reaction was before making decision

5. Club see uproar, give themselves opportunity to back track

Had the Sun not run the story 'til tomorrow morning, anything could have happened - Cotterrill had no problem with bubble machine, that is the only news worthy story here.

Is this really much different from a surfer flag?

Could the club simply be guilty of click-baiting, manufacturing hysteria, much in the same way an agent will around his players, to generate emotion, interest etc.

It's turned the heat up on the tie, it proves fans care to those in Bristol Sport that had any questions about the atmosphere. Bristol City Football Club is the revenue generator in this venture and they all know it.

Archived