IGNORED

Prostituted

NickJ

myself today inadvertently.

As a conciliatory gesture of bubble goodwill I wrapped that thing around myself.

Only realised when I took it off.

Bristol Sport I am not Bristol Sport I hate effing rugby don't have a clue what the rules are in basketball and I'm not likely to watch women's football.

I do not support Bristol Sport I am a fan of Bristol City FC.

Do one with your corporate scarf.

Cue the "moaning Bristol City fan" from the employees of Bristol Sport - I know who you are.

To be fair, it did have Bristol City written on too (and none of the other clubs), and I suppose the Bristol Sport bit could've been Adidas, or Umbro, or TFG, or any other company that had provided them if Bristol Sport didn't exist.

That said, it did seem a bit foolish having previously suggested that it would have been a much nicer looking one with a robin. In terms of promoting Bristol Sport on national TV, the scarves didn't really add to that, and Bristol City supporters don't really need reminding of its presence.

You should've thrown it on the pitch ;) (or next game, if you didn't take it off 'til you got home).

As a conciliatory gesture of bubble goodwill I wrapped that thing around myself.

Bristol Sport I am not Bristol Sport I hate effing rugby don't have a clue what the rules are in basketball and I'm not likely to watch women's football.

Cue the "moaning Bristol City fan" from the employees of Bristol Sport - I know who you are.

Next time you see a homeless person donate your scarf to him, job done, just don't donate it to the retired horses charity.

Steve Lansdown said on BBC TV before today's game that he had visited Barcelona Nue Camp and was impressed by the way the football club had encompassed pretty much all the sports within that wonderful City. SL saw that template as a an ideal one for our wonderful City.

Hence Bristol Sport.

Personally I think it's a brilliant conception and am 100% behind the idea despite the fact I Have a limited understanding about the rules of rugby or basketball for that matter.

It's anonymous as in a **** who masquerades as a Bristol City fan with an "ABSD" type user name but in fact only joined otib since becoming an employee of Bristol Sport.

It's like the fifth ******* column.

Always the fifth column with you kippers isn't it Nick.

Man, what an angry chap you are. We've just done really well against a decent side but bugger that eh, le's all get our rage on!

I think the idea of Bristol Sport is excellent as it pretty much leaves out a certain club that ruin the great name of Bristol.

I don't see the problem with the scarves as well, it has Bristol City in big white letters, it's red and white and doesn't have another teams colours or crest on, no problem!

Steve Lansdown said on BBC TV before today's game that he had visited Barcelona Nue Camp and was impressed by the way the football club had encompassed pretty much all the sports within that wonderful City. SL saw that template as a an ideal one for our wonderful City.

Hence Bristol Sport.

Personally I think it's a brilliant conception and am 100% behind the idea despite the fact I Have a limited understanding about the rules of rugby or basketball for that matter.

For once I agree with you.

and it could be much worse, we could be in the same position as the gas with a local small businessman in charge, or have a nutter owner who wants to change the colour and badge on or shirts or even the name of the club or worse still wake up and find that Nick has the billion pounds he dreams of.

Always the fifth column with you kippers isn't it Nick.

Man, what an angry chap you are. We've just done really well against a decent side but bugger that eh, le's all get our rage on!

Ha point proven I guess. Not angry at all just got a point to make.

Robbored - understand the Barcelona concept, and in full support of their fan ownership model which in fact we don't have, but not sure their football chaps are obliged to support their rugger chaps. Not all rugby/football fans support Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby RFC.

Fair enough if that's how you feel. That's up to you. Thought it was just a bit of fun and my kids enjoyed it.

I wouldn't write-off the women's team. Train from TM to Parkway and you're there. Tickets are dirt cheap and football on show really is excellent. Watching football and having a cider on warm summer's evening. What's not to like?

Robbored - understand the Barcelona concept, and in full support of their fan ownership model which in fact we don't have, but not sure their football chaps are obliged to support their rugger chaps. Not all rugby/football fans support Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby RFC.

What is your point then, that you were cruelly forced into prostituting yourself by wearing a Bristol Sport scarf?

Because that is slightly batshit.

I don't see the problem? It said Bristol City on it and it's a great gesture plus it's free!

What's wrong with Bristol Sport anyway, it makes financial sense and if done the right way could really create a great buzz around sport in Bristol in general, bringing it all together as one. Doesn't matter if people don't like Rugby say, it's still Bristol.

Saying that, I'd go off it if Ashton Gate became the 'Bristol Sport Stadium' for example and City became a proper franchise style club.

I don't see the problem? It said Bristol City on it and it's a great gesture plus it's free!

What's wrong with Bristol Sport anyway, it makes financial sense and if done the right way could really create a great buzz around sport in Bristol in general, bringing it all together as one. Doesn't matter if people don't like Rugby say, it's still Bristol.

Saying that, I'd go off it if Ashton Gate became the 'Bristol Sport Stadium' for example and City became a proper franchise style club.

it doesn't matter a jot what anyone might re-name AG, as long as it brings in big bucks and a possible way around FFP, because your protest will be calling it Ashton Gate, because that is what it will always be.

Didn't realise we had any such obligations, either.

Do we?

We have a choice, sure, but no one's forcing us. You've made your choice, and that's fine. Has anyone from BS contacted you to tell you it's the wrong choice, or to force a rugby ticket into your hand?

I see you vote UKIP too, so your opinion is worthless  :yes:

It's anonymous as in a **** who masquerades as a Bristol City fan with an "ABSD" type user name but in fact only joined otib since becoming an employee of Bristol Sport.

It's like the fifth ******* column.

Replace said scarf with a tinfoil hat, that'll stop the Venutian lizard kings reading your thoughts AND you'll be steering clear of corporate branding

Or, just don't wear it?

Technically we do have fan ownership, in that the majority owner is a fan of the club. A big fan it would seem too, judging by the 50-odd million he's spent. 

Yes my view on UKIP is relevant to this topic you turnips.

Stortz - you may be one of them, don't know about you.

Cidre - my problem with Bristol Sport is if they had their way our team would have ran out to West Ham bubbles today, and that is just the start of the corporate road to removing our identity.

Red Army Faction - good point well made.

Chipdawg - read third sentence.

Rivered - the Barcelona fan ownership model is very different.

There is at least one point that I agree with NickJ and that is that "some" of the senior staff within Bristol Sport do have a lack of appreciation for us fans particularly us football fans. They are more sensitive to Rugby fans views than those of ours.

The nonesense around todays bubbles idea simply highlights just how out of touch some of these blokes really are.

Archived