IGNORED

Looks Like Steve Lansdown Has Found The Secret To A Happy Life

Lord Northski

Like most I was blown away by the Ashton Gate video released last night and I'll be eternally grateful for someone investing their time and money in creating something amazing in Bristol for the benefit of its inhabitants. Coincidentally, this morning received a link to a lecture about the connections / disconnections between money and happiness. It would appear Steve's got it right.

http://t.ted.com/PPw4F9l

A lot of truth in that. Paul Getty Junior got little satisfaction form giving his money away until Mick Jagger interested him in cricket. It changed his life dramatically for the better.

PS And yes, I did see what I did there ;)

Very true, I got out of the 'Rat Race when I was in my 40's. I used to have a business that sponsored the City that due to our financial ups and downs, went bust and at the same time lost 8 of my family in one year. It sobered me up. I dont begrudge SL a thing as he is 'giving back', something I would have loved to do especially at AG. Just remember as you pass people in life you never know their story, just be grateful if you have good health and a warm bed to sleep in, Millions dont.

Archived