IGNORED

Fc City Of Bristol

Eddie Hitler

FC United of Manchester were name-checked by EMB on another thread suggesting anybody who isn't for the BS experiment hankers after this lower league ramshackle football (though let's try to keep BS off thsi thread please).

Now I do go to the odd non-league game (not the gas in the giddy heights of the conference) and enjoy the atmosphere.  It's not what I want for Bristol City, I want success and a premiership place, but if there was an FC City of Bristol then I would certainly go along for a few games. Not in a spirit of protest but as a complementary team to the main club, an option to watch when the away game is too remote for all but the most dedicated.  FA trophy games, standing to watch the game, cup of coffee from a van.  I do love all of that.

FC City of Bristol anyone?

Funny you should say that have thought the same myself for a while.

Wouldn't be too difficult to do either - I would predict gates of up to a thousand quite easily to start with.

It wouldn't take too much of this Bristol Sport nonsense to tip quite a few over the edge, and once they go, it wouldn't be so much fun for the rest despite what they say.

FC Bristol have nothing to offer to me. I still have my one true love, BCFC.

Guess what... I don't like BRistol Sport. Not one bit. Commercially it is a fantastic idea, but football is not similar to other sports because of the financial complexities involved and the inability to operate within a conventional business-like manner. It also devalues BCFC, like it or not, it does.

But, we have a benefactor we can trust and rely upon. My worry is in a few years we are the next Blackburn rovers 10 years or so ago, or Wigan post phelan. Nonetheless, I do believe we are stable, we are secure and we do have a club we can and should all be proud of.

CTIB, OTIB.... UNAN

FC United of Manchester were name-checked by EMB on another thread suggesting anybody who isn't for the BS experiment hankers after this lower league ramshackle football (though let's try to keep BS off thsi thread please).

Now I do go to the odd non-league game (not the gas in the giddy heights of the conference) and enjoy the atmosphere.  It's not what I want for Bristol City, I want success and a Premier League place, but if there was an FC City of Bristol then I would certainly go along for a few games. Not in a spirit of protest but as a complementary team to the main club, an option to watch when the away game is too remote for all but the most dedicated.  FA trophy games, standing to watch the game, cup of coffee from a van.  I do love all of that.

As said on ZH, it wouldn't need to be too complicated.

Ironically, we'd need to re-brand a pub team, get them playing in red and white with a robin as a logo and encourage anyone with any spirit of anachy that hasn't been legislated/cooperated out of them to get down there with with a crate of cider.

We can even fly an Ultra flag.

We were talking about this very subject the other day in the pub and if City were in the same position as Man U or Arsenal and tickets were say 60 quid and priced me out, I would more than likely want to follow a FC Bristol City. I'd still obviously follow the famous BCFC, but would quite happily watch non-league footy if it meant a better matchday experience and true involvement from the fans. Hey, we could even have Ultras! Liked reading the report someone posted about Dulwich Hamlets the other day. Wouldn't be adverse to a set up like that if the shit hits the fan in a few years.

Now I do go to the odd non-league game (not the gas in the giddy heights of the conference) and enjoy the atmosphere.  It's not what I want for Bristol City, I want success and a Premier League place, but if there was an FC City of Bristol then I would certainly go along for a few games. Not in a spirit of protest but as a complementary team to the main club, an option to watch when the away game is too remote for all but the most dedicated.  FA trophy games, standing to watch the game, cup of coffee from a van.  I do love all of that.

Could see them playing NLBR soon :yes:

I see JM91 is having a look, what do you think JM91?

You in?

What do I think?

I think that if anyone is seriously considering ditching BCFC over a bubble machine and the word Ultra, then it says pretty much everything i need to know about these "support"ers. 

Nah, count me out too.

While I have concerns over a number of recent Bristol Sport 'decisions', the basic concept of a sporting club is sound and proven (ok we're not Barca but the same principles apply). SL is a man I feel that I can trust, is genuine and passionate about the Club and the vision. Ditto JL. The stadium looks great, the Club is top of the league and we have a sustainable future. Happy days.

The message to the men in suits is that you've recently made some really naff operational decisions. The problems you've created ain't going away - so don't use the delay/defer tactic and certainly, don't be economical with the truth. The longer matters go unresolved the greater the number of conspiracy theories and resentment.

If we ever got to the prem and the board got greedy and priced me out of attending I'd be well up for fc city of Bristol, but for now it's a no from me as I don't have time or permission from the wife to support two teams!

I was thinking that, to counter the problem you could have them playing at Greville Smyth Park kicking off at 12:00.

Tbh, you could put together a fans team an a league with other opponents in our division. The emphasis being on having a good time, not necessarily winning. We already have a team going into Europe.

Don't people realise that the " men in suits ' who make anti fan decisions take their orders from sl who ultimately employs them! SL has employed these people to take the club in the direction that he wants it to go in! He's not just sitting in gurnsey allowing people from Bristol sport to do what they want!

Have a freind who has been Newcastle united season ticket for years has now taken up going to watch North Shields non league and really enjoying loves The crowds of 1000 and comradeship between players fans . Not sure we should wish for the prem to much .champion ship fine for me have watched frome town on the odd ovation but a tenner for that no , happy to pay more and watch really good football at city

Don't people realise that the " men in suits ' who make anti fan decisions take their orders from sl who ultimately employs them! SL has employed these people to take the club in the direction that he wants it to go in! He's not just sitting in gurnsey allowing people from Bristol sport to do what they want!

That's not entirely true. Suits, by their very nature, make suit-type decisions. There's something about wearing a suit that affects the brain: I reckon the tie restricts the blood supply.

OK for weddings and funerals, crap for everything else :nono:

As said on ZH, it wouldn't need to be too complicated.

Ironically, we'd need to re-brand a pub team, get them playing in red and white with a robin as a logo and encourage anyone with any spirit of anachy that hasn't been legislated/cooperated out of them to get down there with with a crate of cider.

We can even fly an Ultra flag.

Would they let us wave it? Outside the yellow box? And stand up?

Sounds like anarchy to me :nono:

Are you the Judean People's Front?  

REG: **** off!

BRIAN: What?

REG: Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean People's Front. Cawk.

FRANCIS: *******.

BRIAN: Can I... join your group?

07_brian.jpg

REG: No. Piss off.

BRIAN: I didn't want to sell this stuff. It's only a job. I hate the Romans as much as anybody.

PEOPLE'S FRONT OF JUDEA: Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhh. Shh. Shhhh.

REG: Schtum.

JUDITH: Are you sure?

BRIAN: Oh, dead sure. I hate the Romans already.

REG: Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have to really hate the Romans.

BRIAN: I do!

REG: Oh, yeah? How much?

BRIAN: A lot!

REG: Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans are the ******* Judean People's Front.

P.F.J.: Yeah...

JUDITH: Splitters.

P.F.J.: Splitters...

FRANCIS: And the Judean Popular People's Front.

P.F.J.: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

LORETTA: And the People's Front of Judea.

P.F.J.:Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

REG: What?

LORETTA: The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.

REG: We're the People's Front of Judea!

LORETTA: Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.

REG: People's Front! C-huh.

FRANCIS: Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?

REG: He's over there.

P.F.J.: Splitter!

What do I think?

I think that if anyone is seriously considering ditching BCFC over a bubble machine and the word Ultra, then it says pretty much everything i need to know about these "support"ers. 

Go and convince the Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust that this "Bristol Sport" idiocy makes some sense. Then come back and lecture everybody.

i dont see why FC Bristol City cant run in tandem with Bristol City. If thye are both home on the same day then move FCBC kick off time to 12pm or 6pm so you can get to both games. when BCFC are away plenty anyone who does not travel have the option of watching FCBC play.

Archived