IGNORED

Jack Stephens

Fatalist

• Admin

They have nowhere near the amount of cards that MK Dons have.

MK are top of the league in that respect - 87 yellows and 2 red

Swindon have 62 yellows and 4 reds (13th)

City have 44 yellows and 2 reds (22nd)

I think thats before today...

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/fairplay

Swindon's card count seems to have picked up in recent weeks though, just as their form has deserted them.

I'm minded of the chant "just because you're losing" :)

Don't you get fined for a one-game disciplinary mess like that one? One red, six yellows. Crewe might pick a sanction up to.

Couldn't score in 101 minutes I note. Confirmed to me what I've long thought that they'll be dropping out of contention.

I saw the highlights on FLS last night and for the Crewe red card it was same old cheating Swindle. Player goes down and rolls around then looks at ref to see the card come out then jumps up straight away and jogs away.

Also think GJ needs to get his facts right....bit surprised when he said Nicky Maynard got us to within a game of the prem! He arrived the season after Gary, you did sign him after all....

I'm going to say something controversial now...

I hope Swindon come up with us over the rest of the contenders.  Failings accepted, I'd still rather see them with us in the Championship over MK Dons, Sheff Utd, Preston etc.

It'll be good to see two West Country sides in the Championship.  

There, I've said it.  

Swindon isn't in the West Country

Near enough for me.  I don't believe there is a strict geographical boundary and I've heard people from Devon and Cornwall say the same about Bristol in the past.  Gloucester is another example.   is that West Country or Midlands? I prefer to see a fuzzy boundary line rather than a hard line.  

I hope Swindon come up with us over the rest of the contenders.  Failings accepted, I'd still rather see them with us in the Championship over MK Dons, Sheff Utd, Preston etc.

There, I've said it.  

Quick! I'll hold him down, someone get his medication!

There, I've said it.  

I think it's safe to say you're on your own..

Near enough for me.  I don't believe there is a strict geographical boundary and I've heard people from Devon and Cornwall say the same about Bristol in the past.  Gloucester is another example.   is that West Country or Midlands? I prefer to see a fuzzy boundary line rather than a hard line.  

Gloucester is defo west country thanks !! you only need to hear mine and most of the other accents to know that

Swindon is a suburb of London.

I agree with the fuzzy line idea and it's called Chippenham.   I don't think of Devon and Cornwall as in the West Country.  They are the South West.

Of course Glaster is in the West Country. You can't have an accent like that and not be.   All my opinion of course.

Well, a lot of them certainly think it is judging by the number of mockney "ahhs ya muvva?" type conversations I've overheard whilst wandering through that crappy shopping area near the station. Not quite as bad as Portsmouth though when it comes to cockney wannabes.

Swindon's card count seems to have picked up in recent weeks though, just as their form has deserted them.

I'm minded of the chant "just because you're losing" :)

I would suggest that it's the other way round. Refs are getting wise to their cheating and it's affecting their results.

I agree with the fuzzy line idea and it's called Chippenham. I don't think of Devon and Cornwall as in the West Country. They are the South West.

Of course Glaster is in the West Country. You can't have an accent like that and not be. All my opinion of course.

West Wiltshire and Chippenham are all West Country.

Salisbury and Swindon arent.

As someone from Devon most people consider it Devon, Cornwall, Somerset + Dorset. Bristol doesn't get mentioned on our regional news. I would include Gloucestershire, Hampshire and Wiltshire personally as that is what formed Wessex. 

I hope Swindon come up with us over the rest of the contenders. Failings accepted, I'd still rather see them with us in the Championship over MK Dons, Sheff Utd, Preston etc.

There, I've said it.

Can I ask why? Purely because they are local? In the minority here for sure fella

Archived