IGNORED

Not Going To Wembley!

Bar BS3

Just out of interest, have people who joined in on the previous "not going to Wembley" thread changed their mind and decided to embrace the occasion, or have we sold nearly 40k tickets despite some regular fans not having any interest in attending?

I guess with almost 38k so far they're pretty much all going. It's Wembley and as much as we think it's a piss pot trophy its a day out.

I hope this is the last appearance in my lifetime. We're not going to get there in the FA Cup, never want to go through a play off final again. But more than anything don't want to be in this cup again. Let's say goodbye to Wembley in a positive way with all fans, old and new supporting the team.

I started that not going to Wembley thread and am still not going, but to be fair I wouldn't say I don't want to go, it's just that circumstances arnt allowing me to go and I'm not overly dissapointed. My wife is due a few days after and was early with our first, the last thing I want is to be in London trying to get back ASAP after having had a few pints etc and facing the wrath of potentially missing the birth!! Plus, with the impending new arrival and adding in a trip to the Gold Cup next week I can't really afford it. Plus having been to both Stoke & Carlisle games I'm just a bit bored of the JPT, LDV or whatever they call it.

Im not going. Largely because the JPT cup doesn't excite me one iota. I'd rather watch it live on Sky and hear what the "expert" pundits have to say and if they are not gushing in their praise of the mighty Bristol City FC, I'll give them a slagging.

Im not going. Largely because the JPT cup doesn't excite me one iota. I'd rather watch it live on Sky and hear what the "expert" pundits have to say and if they are not gushing in their praise of the mighty Bristol City FC, I'll give them a slagging.

Thats a shame. Its an excuse for a good day out.

I may hire a minibus ... 

Queue a string of posts mentioning mini buses and Gas at Wembley.

No, I'm not going.

Hope everyone who is enjoys themselves and we recruit a few new young fans, but as I haven't seen a single JPT game this season and regard the competition as an embarrassing irrelevance it would be hypocritical to go.

I'm not going, but i hope that everyone who does has a great day and that we win! I'd rather save my money for league games at Oldham Preston and Chesterfield. Hope that's ok with you bar bs 3!

What's with the attitude..?! It was a simple question to see if peoples initial opinions had changed as time has gone on.

I agree with what some have said and if we were to lose one more game this season, then I'd prefer it to be the Wembley game. Promotion is all important, ahead of winning the title.

Win or lose at Wembley won't really effect it being a good day out, although winning the double this season would cap it of brilliantly and make this probably the best season in my 25 years as a fan.

No, I'm not going.

Hope everyone who is enjoys themselves and we recruit a few new young fans, but as I haven't seen a single JPT game this season and regard the competition as an embarrassing irrelevance it would be hypocritical to go.

This.

Why do you need these so called expert pundits to tell you what's going on.

Surely you can make your own mind up on what you see?

If we go to Wembley still 10 points clear and win the JPT it will be a fantastic day out and a lifelong memory for any City fan there.

Apart from financial, health, work commitments or other personal circumstances I can't understand why anyone would choose not to go  :dunno:

If we go to Wembley still 10 points clear and win the JPT it will be a fantastic day out and a lifelong memory for any City fan there.

Apart from financial, health, work commitments or other personal circumstances I can't understand why anyone would choose not to go  :dunno:

I remember seeing an interview with Lee Sharpe in which he said the reason he celebrated every goal with a stupid dance etc was because every single one could of been his last.

That's the way I'm looking at this, It may be the Paint pot trophy and considered by some as a waste of time, but it might be the last time I ever get to see City play at Wembley, for that reason alone I will always try and get to any games we play there.

• Admin

As I was trying to explain to two ST holders that I know that aren't going, it may possible be the last time we get to see City at Wembley in a long time!

Hopefully we go up this season and then stay up for a very long time - this would mean no for FLT in the future

That leaves just the FA Cup semi / final, League Cup or Play off final in the future..... may be a long time before we go back again

For a club who so rarely play a final of any description, and probably only visit Wembley on average every 7-8 years, I do struggle to understand why anyone wouldn't want to be a part of the occasion. I think we all recognise the competition isn't very prestigious or important, but it's still a great day out in front of a crowd around 6 times the size we normally attract.

Archived