IGNORED

Not Going To Wembley!

Bar BS3

• Admin

I'd rather watch it live on Sky and hear what the "expert" pundits have to say and if they are not gushing in their praise of the mighty Bristol City FC, I'll give them a slagging.

Will do the same as I always do when we are on TV.

Go to the game then watch the key parts and analysis at a later date

As I was trying to explain to two ST holders that I know that aren't going, it may possible be the last time we get to see City at Wembley in a long time!

Hopefully we go up this season and then stay up for a very long time - this would mean no for FLT in the future

That leaves just the FA Cup semi / final, League Cup or Play off final in the future..... may be a long time before we go back again

This is exactly as I see it.

If/when we get promoted, hopefully we can stay there and build and progress both on and off the pitch. Doing do will mean that it's quite conceivable that we may never (or at least for a long time) get to play at Wembley again.

It would be interesting to see the stats on how many clubs in the top 2 divisions (excluding at drop into the 3rd tier) have had a Wembley appearance in the last 20 odd years. Even more interesting would be how many haven't..?!

Went last time, probably go if I had the spare pennies; unfortunately ,Gas, Elect, Rates, Mort and a sh1te couple of months working outside has determined I have no spare cash.

Hate rip off vil Wembley anyway so I`ll pass.

It would be interesting to see the stats on how many clubs in the top 2 divisions (excluding at drop into the 3rd tier) have had a Wembley appearance in the last 20 odd years. Even more interesting would be how many haven't..?!

Surprisingly this century every premier league club has played at wembley and 13 championship clubs. I think.

It's safe to say we won't get to a major final ever, so the JPT is the best we can ever realistically get in terms of a cup trophy! If we win this time we will have the record number of victories in the history of this competition, id say that's a great achievement and something that a club our size should celebrate, and every fan would want to be part of.

A Wembley trip doesn't come round that often for any club, especially one of our size, so although I accept those who can't go for financial or logistical reasons (I've been in that position myself) I can't understand why any City fan would have such apathy to the JPT that they wouldn't even entertain going? I guess with 37k ticket sales the vast majority of fans agree with me!

I'm not going, but i hope that everyone who does has a great day and that we win! I'd rather save my money for league games at Oldham Preston and Chesterfield. Hope that's ok with you bar bs 3!

I think this day is turning out to be one great big promotion party... You certainly missing a trick here

It's safe to say we won't get to a major final ever, so the JPT is the best we can ever realistically get in terms of a cup trophy! 

Cardiff and Millwall (both outside the top flight at the time) have made FA Cup finals in recent history.

Since 2000, Tranmere, Birmingham, Cardiff and Bradford (all outside the top flight at the time) have all made the League Cup final.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that we might one day make a major final.

Went last time, probably go if I had the spare pennies; unfortunately ,Gas, Elect, Rates, Mort and a sh1te couple of months working outside has determined I have no spare cash.

Hate rip off vil Wembley anyway so I`ll pass.

You're not wasting your money watching that shower of sh1te instead, surely?!!

For those not going to Wembley what train or coach are you not going on and what pubs is everyone not meeting atfor pre game drinks?

I can categorically state that I won't be getting a train going in the other direction or testing wembley's no hedgehog policy.

Cardiff and Millwall (both outside the top flight at the time) have made FA Cup finals in recent history.

Since 2000, Tranmere, Birmingham, Cardiff and Bradford (all outside the top flight at the time) have all made the League Cup final.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that we might one day make a major final.

These are exceptions to the rule though, we have made 1 major final in our entire history and that was a very long time ago, whilst it might happen, it probably won't so embrace this opportunity, which is my point,

That damp cold night at white hart lane still haunts me, we were that close !

1970-12-23.jpg

PS you have full license to gloat when we do make an FA Cup, League Cup or European final!

These are exceptions to the rule though, we have made 1 major final in our entire history and that was a very long time ago, whilst it might happen, it probably won't so embrace this opportunity, which is my point,

6 times in the last 15 years doesn't seem to me to justify the phrase 'exceptions to the rule'.

If we don't hope for this, why are we wasting our time?

If we don't hope for this, why are we wasting our time?

My original point was that we should embrace occasions like JPT Wembley finals because they don't come around that often, especially for a club our size. I would argue that if we don't embrace THESE occasions then why are we wasting our time?

Of course the dream is a major final, but it's clearly pretty rare based on our number of appearances (1) in a major final to date, yes some small clubs have made it, but no-one can say with a straight face that they realistically expect that to happen, especially with the ever increasing gap between the richest clubs. That's not being negative, it's realistic.

You've only got to look at Bradford City to see it can be done.

Can't believe I'm getting grief for being positive about a Wembley appearance! It's football, anything can happen obviously, but in the last 30 domestic finals, only 6 teams from outside top flight have made it, so obviously it's tough to get there, especially for a smaller club like us.

Can't believe I'm getting grief for being positive about a Wembley appearance! It's football, anything can happen obviously, but in the last 30 domestic finals, only 6 teams from outside top flight have made it, so obviously it's tough to get there, especially for a smaller club like us.

Who is giving you grief?

Nobody's giving you grief. They're stating their opinions. Get over it!

Not really interested in the Sherpa Van Trophey. However, if it was at the millenium stadium I'd probably go. Can't be bothered with the travelling for this fixture. Different if it was the play off final then I'd go to wembley.

I'll save my money for Cheltenham next week.

Hope everyone enjoys they're ' day out' though.

I'm not sat here crying so nothing to get over but thanks for the concern, If people's opinions are that we have a great chance of getting to a major final and therefore there is no point going to JPT final then that's up to them, but I disagree

So, in fact, nobody's giving you grief.

Surprisingly this century every premier league club has played at wembley and 13 championship clubs. I think.

Really..?

I'm sure there are games that slip my mind but I can't remember Villa, Southampton (whilst in top 2 divisions) West ham? Newcastle? Sunderland? West Brom, Burnley or Leicester at Wembley in the last 15 years. I'm sure I've got some wrong, but have they all played there in the recent past..?

It's safe to say we won't get to a major final ever, so the JPT is the best we can ever realistically get in terms of a cup trophy! If we win this time we will have the record number of victories in the history of this competition, id say that's a great achievement and something that a club our size should celebrate, and every fan would want to be part of.

A Wembley trip doesn't come round that often for any club, especially one of our size, so although I accept those who can't go for financial or logistical reasons (I've been in that position myself) I can't understand why any City fan would have such apathy to the JPT that they wouldn't even entertain going? I guess with 37k ticket sales the vast majority of fans agree with me!

What, EVER?!  What a sweeping statement to make.  Swansea were nearly relegated from the football league altogether in 2003 but won the League Cup less than 10 years later - and they did it without the financial backing we have or indeed a stadium capable of generating as much revenue as the redeveloped Ashton Gate will.  Likewise few would have predicted Wigan winning the FA Cup 10 years ago.

If we can maintain the upward curve this club is clearly currently on, who knows what the next 10 years may have in store.

Archived