IGNORED

Sexist Chanting

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

after all the trouble with sky sports and the sacking of those 2 useless clueless (even alleged sexist) presenters keys and gray I always try to give as much support to as i can to women asst - their job is hard enough breaking into the football league it must have been hell of a battle for them

and just remember keys and gray went to chav radio

As someone who attends my football in the company of a female I do find the sexist 'banter' not offensive, but really sad and pathetic. It's not even funny. That notts game was embarassing, get your tits out, get your rat out, get back in the kitchen .... I mean come on.

However I found the 'sexist' banter against Andy Carroll quite funny, maybe I'm a hypocrite? I don't know.

But one things for sure In e block where me and my partner watch our football there are actually quite a good number of female supporters, female supporters who follow the team home and away.

And I know first hand they are some of the most passionate, loyal, knowledgable supporters we have. Let's make more of an effort yeah

Dare I say it, someone on OTIB with a sense of humour?.....

My girlfriend found it funny too and was joining in, so no need for people to be offended on her behalf.

We found the Carroll stuff funny because it was a bit witty. "Is that a man or a woman" isn't sexist because it's not derogatory (only to him maybe) but that Lino stuff against notts was weak, what I would call Bernard Manning humour. And everyone knows he was just a fat racist c^nt

a story that happened to me that still makes me smile-

a few years ago bcfc ladies were doing very well in womens fa cup they reached the quarter final - it was a game against Norwich that at half time the the ladies / women took to the the field i was  at the time with my father in law who was very straight laced-

unfortunately the whole of the ayteo chanted get yr t**s out for the the boys

i  honestly can assure you we were the only 2 in the whole of the atyeo  that were still sat down and i was thinking oh noooo why did you do this to me with a very red face   - a moment that will live with me forever father in law since has gone to that great stadium in the sky watching over the city

Andy Carroll: looks like a pikey woman with that daft as **** hair cut.

He has long hair. like Luke Ayling. Some men do. I did when I was in my early 20s.

This isn't the 1950s. Get over it!

First chant was mildly amusing, but it was declining returns thereafter.

That said, he did play like a pikey woman, so maybe twas fair enough...

A women being over 50 has never stopped me from singing that old ditty

My understanding (not from 1st hand knowledge, I stress) is that, as a by-product of wearing hand-made, made to measure, Rigby & Peller undergarments, the Queen has magnificent breasts for a woman her age:  certainly worthy of such a chant, the next time the Royal cortege glides past.

Probably requires a tweak in the lyrics to "Get one's t1ts out for one's subjects"

He has long hair. like Luke Ayling. Some men do. I did when I was in my early 20s.

This isn't the 1950s. Get over it!

First chant was mildly amusing, but it was declining returns thereafter.

That said, he did play like a pikey woman, so maybe twas fair enough...

Just seems like fully grown men of the 21st Century get very easily upset nowadays, so much so that they need to tell everyone about it on a forum.

• Admin

after all the trouble with sky sports and the sacking of those 2 useless clueless (even alleged sexist) presenters keys and gray I always try to give as much support to as i can to women asst - their job is hard enough breaking into the football league it must have been hell of a battle for them

and just remember keys and gray went to chav radio

and a VERY lucrative TV deal with Al Jazeera

As someone who attends my football in the company of a female I do find the sexist 'banter' not offensive, but really sad and pathetic. It's not even funny. That notts game was embarassing, get your tits out, get your rat out, get back in the kitchen .... I mean come on.

However I found the 'sexist' banter against Andy Carroll quite funny, maybe I'm a hypocrite? I don't know.

But one things for sure In e block where me and my partner watch our football there are actually quite a good number of female supporters, female supporters who follow the team home and away.

And I know first hand they are some of the most passionate, loyal, knowledgable supporters we have. Let's make more of an effort yeah

And did she ?

I'm surprised she was allowed to bring pets into the ground.

Nice to see football fans are also such animal lovers

;)

Just my opinion, rightly or wrongly I did laugh at the Andy Caroll chants.

When I hear the 'get your t!ts out etc chants I am not particularly offended but think 'oh not that old chant again', it's boring,unoriginal and embarrising not offensive (to me).

And don't think women can't dish out abuse/banter/offensive remarks in workplaces where blokes are outnumbered either.

Archived