IGNORED

City's Finest Nemesis

Major Isewater

There was a guy who played for Wrexham, Dixie McNeill who always scored against us likewise Paul Mariner during his days at Plymouth. Much later but always a problem, Michael Chopra.

Of course, these days Billy Sharp and Darius Henderson still worry me whenever their names appear on the opposition teamsheet.

Good shout there Glyn, but there again I'm sure he would be on a lot of clubs' lists.

Almost certainly, but I can always remember the arse end of the '80s he must have scored against every time we played them, and not just singles, hat-tricks!!

Almost certainly, but I can always remember the arse end of the '80s he must have scored against every time we played them, and not just singles, hat-tricks!!

Pretty sure when he retired Wolves produced a list of goals scored by him per club and he scored more against us than any other team.

Can I nominate Jamie Cureton as the reverse nemesis? Never scored against us, "with a packet of sweets...."

Peter Thorne was another one

Yep, I remember him scoring the only goal in the two legged Play Off Semi Final against Cardiff. We'd beat them twice in the League that season as well. I don't know what his total tally against us is but I believe one year he scored more goals at the Mem than any individual Rovers player. I'm sure I haven't dreamt that up.

Gary kin Penrice...

I remember a poem in one of our esteemed fanzines around the time the Horse punchers sold him ...

"For years you've been a thorn in our side, the Derby days you mastered, but now we hear you're on your way, cheerio you ugly bastard" 

Archived